SAU Community

Few Questions Regarding Upcoming Mods

I have the hks 2835 pro s turbo on my car. Happy enough with the power. Most I've had it at is 267kw @ 15psi. Didnt want to strain the turbo too much after blowing my last one. Happy with the power and the lag.

Also as far as im aware hks have now brought out the 2835 kai turbo, which I believe is an improvement on the pro s. If you really want the 3076r I'd talk to Mick as well, as he is running it on his 25.

edit: one of the reasons I went with the hks turbo, was apart from the heatshield it pretty much looks factory, and is a direct bolt on.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also why are you after the v66 plugin ecu? Any additional benefits over the v44 plugin? I'd make sure you talked to Glen at ESP about the VIPEC as well.

Given Kris' claimed results on an internal, and the mention of police attention (I haven't been looked at twice by cops since I bought the car....first 5 or so months it had 5% tint all round so go figure) I'm leaning towards internal a little more at this stage, depending on just how much more external will end up being.

v66 still runs wasted spark I believe....unless I missed the part where they changed it. It's just the v44 but plug-in

EDIT: you said injector not ignition, my bad.

Edited by Trozzle

If your going the vipec, make sure you figure out what additional stuff you want it to control before getting it installed, but you probably already have it covered.

By additional stuff, what do you mean?? I'm sure I have most of it covered, if I knew what you meant exactly....like boost control, launch control, birth control?

having made a boo-boo and ordered an EXTERNAL pump, not INTERNAL like I thought (bloody hell 040 and 044 look the same at a glance hey...) I'm now going to be receiving something I can't necessarily use all too easily. Can anyone point me in the direction of info regarding what's needed to use an external pump in place of an internal one? Might as well go with my f**kup now and use it, if it can be without too much trouble...

This is what you want...Bargain

Garrett gt3540 / gt35r bolt on turbo kit.. $2100 ono

.70 front, .82 rear, great condition - looks brand new, no smoke or oil residue anywhere, minimal/negligible shaft play

Includes Highmount manifold, 3" dump/front pipe & o2 sensor, braided oil feed line, water lines & fittings, external wastegate w/ screamer, stainless intake pipe to AFM, hose clamps & reducers, everything in the pictures! Can ship it anywhere in Oz

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Wr...ts-t328761.html

Hey krayzie he could get that but the lag is just too bad on a 3540, i was considering upgrading my turbo to that but everyone kept saying its not that good for street due to the lag. There is a reason why many people say that the 3076R is the best turbo for the rb25 for street.

Heres my dyno sheet for my claimed power.

post-8025-1279177133_thumb.jpg

having made a boo-boo and ordered an EXTERNAL pump, not INTERNAL like I thought (bloody hell 040 and 044 look the same at a glance hey...) I'm now going to be receiving something I can't necessarily use all too easily. Can anyone point me in the direction of info regarding what's needed to use an external pump in place of an internal one? Might as well go with my f**kup now and use it, if it can be without too much trouble...

Im sure you will be able to get it to fit internally, just might need to customize the bracket to where its mounted too.

044 on factory rail

post-a295315-DSCF2644-.jpg

sweet, yeah I read into it quickly now that I'm home, and it can be mounted internally....just with modification to the bracket. That's ok with me lol.

And thanks for the dyno sheet man, makes me happy to see that work so well with internal gate etc

I'm not even after top end too much anyway, so a small drop up the top doesn't phase me. I realise that since I'm not after top end, that means I'm after response and pull...which is better with an external gate anyway :( either way, can't wait Kris I know I'll love it :D once I sort out how you have to mod this bracket for the 044 >.>

Yea I'm running a blitz sbc spec r. The spec s was shit because it would spike and then drop to the right level. The spec r doesn't spike and only loses 1 psi which I'm real happy with