Few Questions Regarding Upcoming Mods

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TTT...

Last question I have for you TiTAN, then everything is clear and I'm set - what exactly do you mean by "big can actuator"? The more I think about it, the more my brain hurts. Do you mean that the actuator itself is physically large, or just a higher pressure spring, say 16psi?

I'll have to read it thoroughly when I get home TiTAN...but I'm still not sure if I'll be able to describe/ask for what I want specifically, and might end up f**king around either CRD or GCG...or being f**ked around myself lol.

Just gotta work out what I need to ask for, and if they ask what I mean, be able to describe it.

What benefits does the HKS housing have? bolt-on? Keeping in mind I'll be going I/W to save having to get a new dump/police attention

Ifr its what i think it means, you can get in between size exhaust housing as per 3037 ie .68, but I didn't read the whole thread so I could be wrong and you'd probably be able to use their split dump setup back to the cat, so no custom work required. Bolt on stuff and easy as.........would be much cheaper in the long run.

Yeah doesn't say internal gate....though as per above above post TiTAN, if they were to ask wtf I mean by "big can actuator", what would I say? "err yeah dude...it's big. Like fat. BBW.....ask Boz, he'll know!"

No worries, I'll just tell them and hope for the best :down: Should be soon....as soon as I get a return email from ESP telling me how much the ECU will be, rough labour costs, whatever else I'll need and tuning, should be sweet!

I'll be getting a set of splitfires too, but will a FPR be required? I've read mixed opinions on when a FPR is required, but I've been told I will....so just thought I'd ask.

no fpr, use the stocker.

MTQ are a garrett distributor and had no trouble supplying me a gt3076 with the garrett housing, they also machined the gate to make it a bit larger to make sure it didnt creep.

i bought nismo 555s and went with the IW option on the stocker manifold. now going external gate and probably bigger injectors, if i had my time again i'd go external from the start. just something to think about

Thats a good point, if your not worried about the turbo looking different to factory then may as well do it properly with an external gate. And definitely go the larger nismo injectors as they similar price.

by "right sized" you mean not excessively large? Or not small?

The only reason I really don't want to go external gate, is because I'm too inexperienced/noob/ignorant to sort out everything I'll need for it, and then source it myself. If I could tell the workshop what I have, what I want, and have them source it for me without any surcharge (except postage of course) then I'd be all for it...

And it's a street car for quite some time it may appear...a defect like that will f**k me royally

right sized meaning not too small. the nismos are a quality injector and wont have any trouble providing a decent mix at idle with 740s. you'd be mad to buy 555s when 740s are similar/same price. you allways want more power in the future