SAU Community

Few Questions Regarding Upcoming Mods

the vipec should give pretty good boost control if they spend time getting it setup, you can make a pretty decent sized map to tell the solenoid what to do under what conditions, even make it use less boost in lower gears.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK! How does this one sound. I PM'd CRD, and this is the reply I got:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting CRD.

We have available a turbo upgrade kit which to suit the R33 GTS-T.

The kit compromises of a genuine GARRETT GT3076R ball bearing turbo charger with 0.82 exhaust housing, 16psi actuator and includes the T3 spacer, 3076 flange gasket, stud kit turbine outlet, stud kit turbine inlet, oil drain tube & gasket, oil drain hose, hose clamps, oil inlet fittings, copper washers, actuator bracket, long actuator rod, actuator 16lbs, oil line, water line, water fittings & bolts direct to standard factory dump pipes

TOTAL KIT PRICE $2795

Feel free to contact us should you require further information

Cheers

Andrej@

TeamCRD

Sounds about right to me, TiTAN/others, is this what I'm after, and does this price sound right?

That does sound good.

Another option I had a quote from GCG Turbochargers for a similar kit:

We can supply a kit which consists of the following:

-GT3076R with Garrett T3 5 Bolt turbine housing

-Spacer Plate

-Studs, Nuts and all Gaskets

-Oil and Water line kit

-Silicon elbow for intercooler plumbing

-Stainless dump pipe

Cost: $3000 as of 9th Feb 2010.

Not sure if that kit still exists at that price but I assume so. I can vouch for GCGs excellent service and after sales support!

Edited by Harey

I'll ask GCG what they can supply with similar contents, and what pricing of course....otherwise I don't need a dump, but a stainless 3.5" would be nice lol

Sounds about right to me, TiTAN/others, is this what I'm after, and does this price sound right?

Sounds good.

I just put a 3076R IW with a .82 rear on my NEO - on a conservative daily driver tune (ie MILES away from knock) it makes 273rwkw by 5.75k and holds to redline. No boost control issues at all with the IW. Yes external is better, but also more expensive and harder to 'hide' from our lovely lawmen. Got the genuine Garret article with the 4-bolt exhaust and got a custom manifold spacer and stud extensions made up. Cost me around the same.

Dyno sheet attached - wasn't floored on the dyno (or it's to do with ramp rate) so it looks a bit lazy onto boost - on the road in 2nd / 3rd 18psi is up just after 4k rpm. The lift in the midrange over krzysiu's graph i'll attribute to the NEO (saw the same thing at Morpowa comparing mine to an exact same setup R33). Doesn't feel 'laggy' at all (unless you're in 3rd at 50 or something silly) - obviously it takes a bit longer than factory to come on, but it's still much faster off boost than it used to be with a proper tune (i'm running a Haltech P2000 and 3bar map) - but the NEO does help i suppose...

I wouldn't go the .63 - lack of throttle control (= too much wheelspin) and excess heat / loss of headroom is not worth it, especially if you are chasing more down the track.

Also go the biggest injectors you can find to fit / tune nicely with the ECU you are getting - 270 odd rwkw turns into a nice 320+ on E85 as long as you have the scope in injector duty. 555's will run out before that on E85 and you'll wish you went bigger.

I went 750s and expecting 320-330rwkw when i get an E85 tune in a couple weeks - best to get big enough now so you don't change them later - E85 is the future it seems.

Just my 2 (or possibly 5) c.

:)

sounds good except the part where it says bolts up to the standard skyline dump pipe,which would indicate an aftermarket exhaust housing and not a genuine garret 0.82 housing.

sounds good except the part where it says bolts up to the standard skyline dump pipe,which would indicate an aftermarket exhaust housing and not a genuine garret 0.82 housing.

Garret make a 4 bolt exhaust housing that bolts straight up to the dump - it's what I'm running.

Garret make a 4 bolt exhaust housing that bolts straight up to the dump - it's what I'm running.

on the GCG website there are two different 3076 56trim models listed (for internal wastegate), one part number G700382-12 is the 100% standard off the shelf garrett unit, the other is this one G999999-5001 which doesnt have the anti surge slots, has a much smaller than 4" inlet, and looks to have a different compressor cover all together, then rather than garretts standard 5 bolt internal wastegate housings it has a custom turbine housing made to fit the stock skyline dump pipe design.

the off the shelf garrett version might be a little more to buy and fit but you know exactly what you are getting and that if you want to turn it up later it will do 300-320RWKW

Thanks for that Andrej

The only question I have regarding that package - does it use a genuine Garrett exhaust housing? It has been questioned, since apparently the Garrett exhaust housings don't bolt up to stock dumps....is this the "T3 spacer" and "stud kit turbine outlet" that is listed in the quote?

Thanks again smile.gif

Hi,

Your correct, the comp cover, core & cartridge are 100% genuine GARRETT components although to be able to bolt direct to the factory manifold and dump we use a quality Sonic cast exhaust housing made to exacting dimensions to ensure 100% performance.

To date each and every kit we have installed has come up prefect with excellent results and reliability for all customers.

Let me know if I can help you with any further information.

Cheers

Andrej@

TeamCRD

This acceptable TiTAN? lol

no thoughts from those who've spoken up on the above?

I ordered my turbo directly from Garrett and got an IW housing with port shrouding that bolted straight up to both manifold and dump pipe... (as far as i'm aware...)

Edited by gwilkinson34

I got a lot of experience in that department :happy:

have a read of the 3076 thread, there's a large one in here from not too long ago with a lot of discussion about the pros and cons of using garrett vs non garrett rear housings etc.