SAU Community

R34 Gtt To Gtr Rear End

hey guys im really looking into doing a rear gtt to gtr conversion and could use some pointers

i can get a set of original gtr rear guards and light covers, just wanna know how hard it would be to swap them, i realise there is cutting involved but as to how much and where to cut im not sure.

if anyone knows of anyone thats done it with pics would be great.

also any idea as to how much it would cost me to get it done in a shop if i have the gtr guards

any help would be apreciated thanks

i'll take a guess at maybe $5000 to get it done by a shop. but i wouldn't be suprised if it is closer to $8000 or possibly much more.

there would be quite a lot of work involved. cutting out the old guards, welding in the new ones, making sure there are no gaps on the inner guard, repainting. certainly the type of work that unless you really know what you are doing you could end up totally ruining the car.

can i ask y u wanna go the gtr rear guards over the multitude of wide body kits that u could go for.

sorry to be anal but u dont have a gtr so y make ur car look like one??

Because GT-Rs look tough, but I'd never personally own one.

I'd happily buy a blown up one though, and use the shell for a powerhouse RWD set up though.

F*ck 4WD :D

i'll take a guess at maybe $5000 to get it done by a shop. but i wouldn't be suprised if it is closer to $8000 or possibly much more.

there would be quite a lot of work involved. cutting out the old guards, welding in the new ones, making sure there are no gaps on the inner guard, repainting. certainly the type of work that unless you really know what you are doing you could end up totally ruining the car.

he;s right. it would take *ALOT* of work. the rear guards are part of the body, you'd need to cut, weld, grind, and paint which is quite a job. I'd try and go for overfenders

can i ask y u wanna go the gtr rear guards over the multitude of wide body kits that u could go for.

sorry to be anal but u dont have a gtr so y make ur car look like one??

im no expert but to me a panel welded on rather than just stickin a fibreglass one on top of it will produce a much better result ya itll take longer and cost more but id prefer it to be done right n ive read that the wide bodys tend to have cracks appear, not sure if thats true tho

n y wouldnt i want my gtt to look like a gtr they look epic in comparison. I mean doesnt every lil brother aspire to be like there older GTR

ya it seems like a heap of work, didnt expect it to be that much tho. there would probably be a decent gap in the wheel arches hey since the guards are so much wider? any idea how much wider they are? Not 2 sure if i wana hav my car cut up but i dont particularly like the idea of the over fenders, they just seem bodgy and there prety much the only other option

im no expert but to me a panel welded on rather than just stickin a fibreglass one on top of it will produce a much better result ya itll take longer and cost more but id prefer it to be done right n ive read that the wide bodys tend to have cracks appear, not sure if thats true tho

n y wouldnt i want my gtt to look like a gtr they look epic in comparison. I mean doesnt every lil brother aspire to be like there older GTR

yeah sometime they do crack but there are many variables to consider.

also no i dont aspire to be like my big brother gtr, just have a car thats faster than him lol

yeah sometime they do crack but there are many variables to consider.

also no i dont aspire to be like my big brother gtr, just have a car thats faster than him lol

variables like what??

lolz i wish i had enough cash 2 make my rwd faster than a gtr.

wat im aiming for tho is to have it lookn tougher like the gtr usin as many oem parts as possible

all show no go hay.

waste of money mate,

variable include stuff like who done the job, what brand the body kit is, how hard u drive ur car etc

this isnt going to be a cheap idea by any stretch of the imagination id think about not doing it really. have u considered what wheels to get for ur wide body ur looking at another 6000+ there again + the ridiculous time it will take

all show no go hay.

waste of money mate,

variable include stuff like who done the job, what brand the body kit is, how hard u drive ur car etc

this isnt going to be a cheap idea by any stretch of the imagination id think about not doing it really. have u considered what wheels to get for ur wide body ur looking at another 6000+ there again + the ridiculous time it will take

Everyone has different tastes/ideas gun_metal_gtr32, just like the fact you've spent astronomical money on a GTT when you could have had a GTR. Not everyone is chasing huge power. "waste of money", depends how you look at it. He wants a slightly wider rear and wants to do it properly, instead of doing some dodgy aftermarket job. Do you have the belief that if you have the most power you will be the fastest on the track? to many variables pal.

I may not agree with many of your mods/ideas but I don't try to destroy them. He asked a simple question, not to be told by a hypocrite about wasting money.

Peace

- James

sorry dude

sometimes shit doesnt come out on the keyboard how i mean it lol

op

ill tell u from experience alright bro.

my first paint job consisted of fitting a body kit, stretching the guards and lining up some panels and it cost 6000 ish

i just recently quoted up getting my rear section modified with bigger guards, wider front guards, and another bodykit and its more closer to 10,000 (please note that i am not cuttin my rear guards and welding new ones on i am only going bolt on rear flares and removing about 1 inch from the wheel arches)

then factor in wheels that are wide enough to fill in the guards $5000 minimum.

im not having a go but there is alot more involved in changing the guards than u think dude.

sorry dude

sometimes shit doesnt come out on the keyboard how i mean it lol

op

ill tell u from experience alright bro.

my first paint job consisted of fitting a body kit, stretching the guards and lining up some panels and it cost 6000 ish

i just recently quoted up getting my rear section modified with bigger guards, wider front guards, and another bodykit and its more closer to 10,000 (please note that i am not cuttin my rear guards and welding new ones on i am only going bolt on rear flares and removing about 1 inch from the wheel arches)

then factor in wheels that are wide enough to fill in the guards $5000 minimum.

im not having a go but there is alot more involved in changing the guards than u think dude.

what ridiculous prices you're quoting there mate.

$10000 to supply/fit front & rear wide guards & full kit????? ;) your spray painter/body kit fitter must be loving your business.

$6000 to fit a kit, flare the guards and line up????? :P once again, you are making them very rich quickly!

$5000 for wheels????? :banana:

you don't necessarily have to have the best & most expensive wheels, theres always the option of getting excellent condition second hand wheels.

ie: http://www.j-imports.com.au/uWheels.htm

all 18" wheels are under $3800 for decent size & offset.

general cost to fit widebody rear guards (fibreglass panels) are around $700 to blend in + painting around $300 per side.

metal is different so it will be a bit more time consuming but i dont see them charging more then $1000 to fit so prob $1600 to fit & paint.

dori mate, all the parts were genuine imported from japan brand new.

the cost ivolves parts, freight on the parts, insurance, fitting, 3x pearls etc.

it all adds up mate.

in terms of the 10000 kit that includes some custom made parts which were very expensive to make + a bare shell respray and a few lil things that is getting done for me extra. and the front guards are all carbon fibre as are the bolt on flares, the top secret wing (the wing alone was around the $3000 mark genuine top secret shit aint cheap mate) the boot lid was around $1200, the front guards were around $1000 +800 freight from the US. then add all the lil things and u get the point mate.

as for the wheels i know thuy persoanlly and none of the wheels he has in stock will suit a proper wide body kitted car with out some serious spacers.

if u can get shit done cheaper then by all means go ahead and please do so, i honestly dont give a rats arse about it.

i gave him my answer based on what i had already done.

Edited by GUN_METAL_GTR32

ahhhhhh

spoken like a true silvia driver.... clueless mutha f**ka

LOL I own an R34 :D

GT-Rs bore me. What can I say. Comes from experience.

But hey, make assessments with no information to back it :D

all show no go hay.

waste of money mate,

hows it a waste of money "mate" ya so u might be the fastest car to 110 but then what, not everyone takes there car on the track, not sayn im not after speed but the 12mnth probation im on doesnt exactly encourage me to even look at the motor let alone spend more money on it.

hey another question, does anyone know if the axles on a gtr are longer than a gtt, like from hub to hub?

just say i wanted to put a set of black gtr wheels after the panels r on, would they sit the same or would i need spacers??

if so i guess that $6000 comes down to sumwere around the $2000 mark aye GUN_METAL_GTR32