SAU Community

$1000 Reward

$1000 Reward for information leading to the successful conviction of the person or persons that stole my White R32 GTR rego: AZ64XY.

It was stolen out of the Harbourside Car Park in Darling Harbour last Wednesday 7/7/10. Yes it did have a four point immobilizer.

Your info will be kept confidential. PM any info to me or call 0434 248 956

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for your loss mate,

hope it turns up soon. Thats freaked me out though...just goes to show even with 4 POINT immobilization, if a crim knows what they are doing they will get your car! :(

Edited by TUFF_350

Will watch out for it Roy... ie. AZ64XY

There was one recently taken too near Mercure/Ibis carpark across the railway.

The ceiling is low, so it had to have been on the back of a towie or someone with sparkie knowhow.

And if YOU, the filth of this earth (reading this) have taken this man's car or...

know who did it, or...

are approached with parts from it...

Remember, until every little piece is returned,...

i) you can't lie straight in bed

ii) do you tell your kids that it's OK so long as you don't get caught and...

iii) the saying, "what does it profit a man to gain the whole world but lose his soul" still applies!!!! :(

Lol wtf, you made 2 threads about this in different sections, I was getting so confused when i saw different replies.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/He...th-t322696.html

Anyways, AS I responded in the other thread:

I would highly suggest you get in contact with the Novotel hotel manager. He/she should be able to tell you how to get in contact with carpark security who would have security cameras around that car park.

As far as I can remember I saw a few in that carpark last time I visited darling harbour.

Found the above in another thread. Don't know if it's any help.

This is the only post I have made...

The only video the car park has shown me is my car leaving the parking garage...

Sorry Roy, the two post part was not aimed at you. I just I found another thread about a car stolen from harbourside and thought the camera info might be helpful.

Are the cameras good enough to get a face picture off? Start putting the dirty pricks face up on every forum you can find. Somone would know who it is because they need outlets to sell the parts through.

That's crazy, James silver car was stolen from the same place on 28/5/10. I called and talked to him for a minute. I feel his pain!

The only thing the video showed was the back of my car leaving the Parking Garage.

The criminals must be watching that garage. 2 GTRs stolen in a little over a months time from the same place.

It makes you wonder if it's an inside job.

Thanks for the link.

It makes me think that having an alarm/immoboliser system seems rather pointless if thieves can get past them that easily :S.

perhaps a kill switch hidden in the car would be a good option? or is that easy for thieves to conquer too?

So sorry for your loss =/.

Seasoned thieves take all of 5 mins to bypass a typical 3 point immobiliser from what an ex-alarm installer told me. He also told me if you can make the scum work for more than 5 mins on your car, they'll likely stop and move on to another car due to risks etc.

inside job?

my old man lives in syd - had his porshe 966 stolen from a security lock up garage in vaucluse

was an inside job - was seperated into parts and shipped overseas instantly..

I think if they are getting past immobilisers so easily, then a GPS or remote kill isn't going to do much either, as they'll probably find a way to stop the tracking and also cut off remote cabling for the kill switch.

You really just have to hope that your car isn't the one chosen by the thieves, because if they have any brains in them then they will get around anything you do to it, unless ofcourse you make your own special system designed by yourself.

I once knew a friend that had a system where he had to swipe a magnet past his door lock, then swipe it over his radio before finally swiping it infront of the ignition before the car would be completely ready to drive without alarms going off or immobilisers working. He said that the system was designed so that you had to use a magnet and couldn't cut cabling or the alarm would go off straight away and he would get a text to his phone immediately notifying him.

He was a very technology savvy guy though, and he was driving a Maserati with heavy mods, so he really put some months of work into the system, it's never let him down and he says he has gotten texts a few times to warn him someone was trying something and when he went to check the car, they had given up and he just did the magnet swipe to shut off the alarm.

Its a shame he cant go into mass production with them though, otherwise the system would be figured out...

been reading a few of these threads, and its scary how many cars get stolen under their owners' noses... not the fault of the owners of course.

Just wanted to know... would a steering wheel lock be of any help? i'm tempted to spend some money (small amount) to get a steering wheel lock that I can put on my car overnight... at least I can use it to beat the crim if I come across one.