SAU Community

$1000 Reward

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iv always wondered if wheel clamps are sold to the public because it would be a good investment and would do more then a club lock for the steering wheel

I have seen these in a auto shop,can't remember which one though,look around. :blink:

yeah they would be probably one of the best things to do

Best alarm system is putting spike strips all around your car and bolting them into the ground, a steering wheel lock, alarm, immoboliser, and spike strips bolted into the ground at the exit of the carpark. thatll ensure those good for nothing theives dont take ur car.

It's hard to get GTR's in the USA where I am from. When I first heard I might have the opportunity to work in AU I started looking to see if I could get a GTR here.

I was really excited when I found out I could get one. That car is one of the first things I purchased when I arrived.

Still hoping to get some info... I don't want anyone else to go through this..

If I ever caught anyone in the act trying mine, I'd gladly do 3 months for grievous bodily harm.

Sorry to hear about your loss man.

Let's hope for a miracle and see if any Police work actually happens.

But I think you've got a better chance winning Powerball on a Saturday night.

I never park my skyline anywhere unless if I can see my car. I used to go to uni at UTS and know all too well about the cars stolen from the entertainment centre and market city. I knew of about 10 imports taken there over the 5 years I was at uni (and they were people from uni, so there were probably more than that).

I'm even paranoid about my stagea daily.

Sorry to hear that dude, I know how passionate Americans are with their cars (they spare no expenses do they!).

You can still get another one no worries given that you have insurance.

that's terrible, i thought i was paranoid before, but now...

so what can people do to protect their cars without several years learning to be an auto electrician? i had a mate who decided for some extra protection to run the ignition through the cigarette lighter as a crude immobiliser lol.

can a hidden kill-switch be bypassed easily?

perhaps hooking a crossbow up pointed at the window would do it...

hey guys im an electrician by trade and know a small amount about kill switchs in cars. i run a full battery isolator on my car but thats more to do with the track use rather than security (its a track car). its a large red plastic key that needs to be engaged next to the battery in the boot of my 33. without this key in place the battery is completly isolated from the cars electrics.

i can easy think of a way around this right now but i wont list it in case there is any scum trawling the forums looking for ways around it.

i have helped my mate put a hidden kill switch in two of his daily driven imports (r32 and s13)

it was as simple as locating the fuel pump wire and putting a switch inline. this wire usually runs in a fairly easy to get to place but is well out of eye sight to anyone who didn't know it was there. (once again i wont list the wire location in case car thieves are reading this)

i can think of plenty of other wires that putting a switch on would hinder the car being driven.

on older cars u can simply take off the lead from the coil to the centre of the distributer.

u could have a quick release steering wheel as one of my mates has.

if your willing to remove the passenger footwell scuff panel u could take your ecu every time you leave your car lol.

you could carry surclip plies and take the gear stick every time u jump out lol.

hidden switch for igniter on early nissans (newer ones have igniter built into ecu)

Yep fuel pump kill switch is one of the best bang for bucks you can do for car security. Extending the wires to the switch also allows you to the mount the switch where ever the hell you want.

Hope you get some information about your car one day buddy.

Edited by PM-R33

Damn thieves are making it REALLY hard for people to enjoy their cars. My last car I hardly drove it because I was scared to take it out and leave it in the parking lot. I hope the person responsible gets what's coming to them...