SAU Community

Does Anyone Kno Lots Abouts Cops When They Are Booking You!

skydie

Look i was driving on princess hwy last nite,i wasnt speeding or wat so ever.... But the bloody cops pulled me overed & gave me a ticket.. i ask for the radar gun he said he wasnt using it at the time!

He said to me when i was going about 94km and i cant catch up to u that means your speeding &probley doing 100k,which i wasnt speeding at alll !!! can they do this? with no proof that i was speeding, jst his bloody word saying that i was.

If i was to take this to court which i will dw, does anyone kno wats the chance that i won't be winning the case. Please help because im currently sitting on 0 trying to not speed or do anything stupid &when i did that they still gave me a ticket for a reason that i didnt do at all with no proof bloody cops i tell you what..

If anyone can reply to this that would be good of you cheers!

Edited by skydie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they need to have followed you for around 10 seconds at that speed matching your speed for it to hold up usually (depends on the judge), but you'll find with flakey readings like that you'll be offered a lower fine and demerit by the prosecutor so that it never has to go to court. get a solicitor on it. As long as you never made an admission of fault that is.

You are correct it is not legal, what did he put down as the speed you were doing on the ticket?

94kms .. Thats what he told me on his bloody speedo says. So do you rkon its not legal & that i can win this case?? yeah. I really wana take this case on till i will because im not goner let the cops book me for no reason and get away with it for something that i really didnt bloody do.

Granted, dodgy as. I would definitely take this one to court. The officers number will be on the Ticket.

Normally they need to track your speed for at least 200m. The officer will have recorded the conversation too to use as evidence in court as well so your remarks will be on file. So make them earn their money.

Always be polite tho when dealing with the popo-helps alot if you need to question something with a judge especially if he/she sees you doing the right thing-big plus in your favour-let us know how you get on matey

Well you don't actually wanna appear in court, cos you're gonna look like some teenage kid with a high performance car trying to weasel his way out of a speeding fine. What you want is an out of court settlement. Talk to a solicitor. They are the only ones qualified to advise you and the one ones whose advise you should take seriously. None of the opinions stated in this thread count.

Granted, dodgy as. I would definitely take this one to court. The officers number will be on the Ticket.

Normally they need to track your speed for at least 200m. The officer will have recorded the conversation too to use as evidence in court as well so your remarks will be on file. So make them earn their money.

Always be polite tho when dealing with the popo-helps alot if you need to question something with a judge especially if he/she sees you doing the right thing-big plus in your favour-let us know how you get on matey

[/quo\

I was talking to the cops really nice when they pulled me overd because i knew that i didnt do anything wrong and i thort that it was jst a random check up! which it turned out that i was speeding...

The next step with this what should i do guys? I have enough serisoly, They booked me for something that they have no proof or wat so ever that i was speeding... which i really wasnt, duno who i can really go tell now to believe me cheers!

Well you don't actually wanna appear in court, cos you're gonna look like some teenage kid with a high performance car trying to weasel his way out of a speeding fine. What you want is an out of court settlement. Talk to a solicitor. They are the only ones qualified to advise you and the one ones whose advise you should take seriously. None of the opinions stated in this thread count.

True-I am not a Lawyer, but my brother is a cop & his advice is get a solicitor & fight it

Mate, i wasnt driving a high performance car!

Its was a n/a car that i was driving so what are u actually talking about..

Its nothing sporty or flashy, its just a nrmal bloody car. You have no clue what im talking about dont you!

Edited by skydie

Mate, i wasnt driving a high performance car!

Its was a n/a car that i was driving so what are u actually talking about..

Its nothing sporty or flashy, its just a nrmal bloody car. You have no clue what im talking about dont you!

turbo or not it's still a skyline mate. Things like this you just gotta get used to. On the other side I'm agreed with the others, get a lawyer to sort the cops out. They might realize their fcuk up and drop or reduce the penalty

I issue fines like this all the time. We measure your speed by taking up position behind maintaining even distance and check the speed on the digital display. It's a very legitimate way of checking speed.

I have had a number of these taken to court and generally accused pleads up at lower speed, but generally mine are people doing 25km/h+ over and contest to keep license.

It's becoming more common that people contest tickets when they have 0 demerit points left which I think is your case. The magistrate's are fully aware of this and generally don't show any leniency as you continue to commit offences whilst on warnings from vic roads. It shows them that you can't control yourself behind the wheel and will think you're a danger.

I would get legal advice but if you're in the above situation you will get more at court than the just the fine. I have had a few full contests with these and I have WON every one.

Ill give you one peice of advice that you should follow if your trying hard to not lose any points, dont go to places such as princess hwy on a friday night when you know it is packed with police looking to get as many people as they can in my opinion going there and expecting to leave with nothing even if you dont do anything is stupid. Fair or not fair you cant do shit thats how it is these days so easy solution stay away.

cop laws have changed, they can follow u for xx distance and do some maths bullshit to work out how many kilometres they covered and then garner ur speed, yes it sounds dodgy for a pig to be doing it but what can u do.

i would defianetly take ur one to court my cousin just had a similar situation and he got away with it.

a few years ago i was doing some stupid shit in my old v8 lexus cop pulled me over comes to window and looks at me like his gonna kill. leans in the window and says "son we were doing 180 and u were still pulling away" its funny because it had the factory speed limiter in it and couldnt get that quick even if i wanted it to ... btw this was on chapel street on a saturday night (between toorak and richmond)

after 2 hours of arguing and one of my boys calling my dad down i went home with no ticket .... but man did i cop it hard from the old man lol

I issue fines like this all the time. We measure your speed by taking up position behind maintaining even distance and check the speed on the digital display. It's a very legitimate way of checking speed.

I have had a number of these taken to court and generally accused pleads up at lower speed, but generally mine are people doing 25km/h+ over and contest to keep license.

It's becoming more common that people contest tickets when they have 0 demerit points left which I think is your case. The magistrate's are fully aware of this and generally don't show any leniency as you continue to commit offences whilst on warnings from vic roads. It shows them that you can't control yourself behind the wheel and will think you're a danger.

I would get legal advice but if you're in the above situation you will get more at court than the just the fine. I have had a few full contests with these and I have WON every one.

yeah if your on your last points I doubt a judge would let you off..

question - you can tell they are speeding, most cars speedo's are not exactly accurate.. how does this work out when you are in cases when its say on the line of loss of licence and possibly scraping through? is it benifit of the doubt or do the police get the upperhand?

cop laws have changed, they can follow u for xx distance and do some maths bullshit to work out how many kilometres they covered and then garner ur speed, yes it sounds dodgy for a pig to be doing it but what can u do.

i would defianetly take ur one to court my cousin just had a similar situation and he got away with it.

a few years ago i was doing some stupid shit in my old v8 lexus cop pulled me over comes to window and looks at me like his gonna kill. leans in the window and says "son we were doing 180 and u were still pulling away" its funny because it had the factory speed limiter in it and couldnt get that quick even if i wanted it to ... btw this was on chapel street on a saturday night (between toorak and richmond)

after 2 hours of arguing and one of my boys calling my dad down i went home with no ticket .... but man did i cop it hard from the old man lol

180 on chapel ? Respect!

my mate was pulled over in Hawthorn last week while I was a passenger. He overtook some cars n got pulled over, which I keep telling him was fair enough cos he planted it and overtook from the left. Cop just did a breatho n said that he didn't have the radar on him but to just slow down down a bi n let him off.

My mate being an arrogant prick had a bitch to me bout being pulled over n warned and I can't help but wanna smack him across the back of the head for complaining about being let off for about 3 offences that i pointed out to him. Cop was a fkn nice friendly fellow as well, the time that deserve respect and curtiousy in return