SAU Community

Does Anyone Kno Lots Abouts Cops When They Are Booking You!

skydie

princesssssssssssssss hwyyyyyyyy lapssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

an import caught on princes hwy on a friday night will always have a harsh/strict cop. Majority are there to do laps and cops do not like this. Dont do the laps, dont do the time.

(was driving from city last night, there were so many cop cars hiding behind bustops, sandown bridge, median strip etc and people still doing laps! My trusty Hyundai Getz didnt even get a blink ;))

Moral of story; dont go on princes hwy on friday night with your import. (thats assuming you were honestly not speeding)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look i was driving on princess hwy last nite,i wasnt speeding or wat so ever.... But the bloody cops pulled me overed & gave me a ticket.. i ask for the radar gun he said he wasnt using it at the time!

He said to me when i was going about 94km and i cant catch up to u that means your speeding &probley doing 100k,which i wasnt speeding at alll !!! can they do this? with no proof that i was speeding, jst his bloody word saying that i was.

If the cop thought you were doing 100km/h in a 100km/h zone there would be no fine ;)

What's the fine for? And what speed zone?

Police are allowed to follow you for a certain distance to determine your speed, how far over are you accused of been?

You are correct it is not legal, what did he put down as the speed you were doing on the ticket?

Sorry - you are 100% wrong. It is entirely legal.

Police are 'recognised estimators of speed' in a court of law. Thier testimony will beat anything you come up with - Fact.

cop laws have changed,

Was never changed - its been like that for many many years actually ;)

To the OP - Either way, you will be admitting to some sort of speed.

End of the day we don't know the full story, and never will, so whatever happens simply happens.

You are correct it is not legal, what did he put down as the speed you were doing on the ticket?

Bullshit.

The police do not need a radar readout. They are leagally allowed to estimate your speed.

This happened to a mate of mine. The cop wasn't following him, he was parked and my mate went past and got pulled over. Asked for radar and they weren't using it and he took it to court and got left off...

I'm not sure of the specifics though

In cases where you are caught doing 25-27km/h over I would definitely contest the matter and offer to plea guilty to 24 km/h over and prosecutors will accept this almost every time and you will keep your license. Saves police/court time and police get win and you get BIG win in keeping your license. Lawyers will know this and probably charge 1000's of dollars for their assistance.

Princes Highway as others have stated is well known for "hoon" type behavior and will always have large amounts of TMU etc Fri nights strictly enforcing the road laws.

Talking about Princes highway I have been to 4 fatal car accidents along there all with young drivers, high speed and alcohol/drugs involved. Each time the driver has killed 1 or more passengers. The latest was only a couple of weeks ago.

Id try to solve it outside of court...

A friend of mine cracked it at a cop once for a similar offence... " ill see you in court officer"

he just replied..... "thats fine, i get paid to go"...

True... the asshole lol

Shit luck buddy.... all the best

Does that mean if you do come up against a bad cop, he can just fine you for speeding even though you really werent? And there's nothing you can do about it? And they can just abuse their powers like that?

Dont bother taking it court, you will lose. I was driving and a cop switched across 2 lanes and pulls me over straght away and says i was speeding. When i recieved the statements for the court hearing, he wrote down that he followed me for 100m where i was doing that speed. Absolute bullshit but hey, how are you going to prove it? Btw i wasnt speeding at all.

The only time i got a laugh was 3 months later after i paid for the fine after pleading guilty because i cbf with the matter (just did it to waste court time and cops time to do paperwork because i know i couldnt win against a cops word) i read the paper and saw that he got beaten half to death by some people that he pulled over :D Karmas a bitch :)

How do you speed on Chapel St? Everytime I turn onto there I can't break 40km/h.

exactly my point mate.

it was about 6am on a sunday morning after chasers LOL just cruising around 70-80 (still speeding i know) i just like how he ripped out the ridiculous figure he did i got out of it eventually he was more "concerned" about the bald tyres on my lexus than the speeding he made us change the tyre the flamin mongrel

i wouldnt waste my time and take it to the courts

you already accepted the fine which means you agreed that you were speeding.

we are forced to accept the fine, even innocent people because its cheaper than fighting your innocence :woot:

exactly my point mate.

it was about 6am on a sunday morning after chasers LOL just cruising around 70-80 (still speeding i know) i just like how he ripped out the ridiculous figure he did i got out of it eventually he was more "concerned" about the bald tyres on my lexus than the speeding he made us change the tyre the flamin mongrel

Maybe because he was "concerned" that your bald tyres might not be safe to do 180 with lol

As far as I know the fine is not "accepted" until someone pays for it. Taking the fine from the officer is not an admission of guilt, however agreeing or saying that you were speeding is...and many police do record these window side conversations. So never admit to anything or apologise for it, even if you were speeding, because it accepts legal liability for anything the officer says you were doing if he/she should exaggerate it. This is why it's handy to have your own voice recorder in the door card of your car. If a cop writes down something that you didn't actually say, even a cop's word in court won't hold up over that piece of evidence :(

Repercussions for the lying officer though? They're not nearly as bad as the result of you losing your court case :rofl: