SAU Community

Sau Wakefield Wrap-up Thread

S13Deviat

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks heaps Ando for making today happen.

It was some of the best fun I've ever had with my clothes on!

I will be back again....and again............and again...........and, you get the idea

I'm pretty chuffed with how I went even with a few offs

Yeah great day had.

Thanks to those who put on the day, it was a very safe, friendly environment (except not being allowed on pit wall by the track owners).

Happy to give lifts to randoms who jumped in the car on the start line :-)

Also happy to get times down to 1.11.1 I was never going to let a Reno beat a GTR around the track :D

Happy to give lifts to randoms who jumped in the car on the start line :-)

and I (and any other randoms) really appreciated it! amazing stuff :D my first time ever in a GTR, and for it to be on a track was just fantastic.

My big double thanks to ando; firstly for organising the day. How smoothly and enjoyably the day ran should be taken as a credit to yourself and everyone who helped out.

Secondly, thanks so much for the two sessions of instructing. I really feel like i made progress in getting to know the limits of my car that i just wouldnt have without your help, sometimes all we need is a good mate to tell us to grow a pair!

Bed time for me. do not pass go, do not collect 200 killerwasps.

Goodnight all!

Thanks to Ando, Chubbs, Clappa and Steveo for working hard all day!

Personal huge thanks to both Neil and Duncan for the instruction. MASSIVE help!

HUGe thanks to Shell also, was awesome fun in MTF!

Oh and Shell still drove it back to Canberra! Well, left Wakefield anyway in it!

Wow... I'm so much more knackered than any track days i've attended. I think because i paid a lot of attention with my own eyes as well as my cameras. Some amazing calibre of cars today, great day, great weather,great people. Was good to chat to some of you, i had to leave early to go to Marulan but by the time i got there, their was about 10 cars left, so it was pretty much a waste to leave.

Great to meet Tenchi, hope his photography sales/CD went well.

Sorry Ando, i was busy pr0ning over that black 32GTR with a seriously built motor when everyone went to the drivers briefing, so i took the opportunity to take photos whilst everyone was gone.

I won't be able to post many photos at all until Jerry has sorted through what they want for the magazine, so until about tuesday or wednesday.

Great day overall! Thoroughly enjoyed it :D Will definitely be attending texi!

It was a great day, and i'm really glad i was able to be apart of it. It was good getting to know you guys, and thanks Ando for helping me fix my lines :D

I'll be looking forward to join the next one if you guys would so kindly let me.

Edited by SpoonDC5

Was a good day, heres some pics i took, not the best but okay, still have a fair few to go through

sau10.jpg

from the inside you just dont realise how much body roll it has :)

PB for the day was 1:13.9 in the final session for the day (chasing Jon), i got 4 flat out laps behind you before the brakes and tyres cooked, just a slight brown pants moment after trying to brake for the first corner :D

i also now need to replace/reshim the diff as it was single spinning out of most corners. :(

hopefully i wasnt in anyones way too much in the early sessions, had waste gate issues giving me unlimited boost (couldnt drive over 4000rpm) and a vac line pop off the fuel pressure reg.

the final solution still saw near 22psi @ full throttle, though its supposed to only make 15psi with that setting :/

Was a great day!!

Thanks to all who arranged it, very good to see the club getting involved!

Poor old 31 getting trashed by all those lovely Japs :D

Had a eventful trip back though.

Old mate in his work van had a blowout at 110ks, fishtailed up the highway for about 25 m then went over the enbankment and flipped.

Old mate is suprisingly not injured in anyway, van didnt catch fire or anything.

Twas an absolute awesome day. Well done to Ando for organising the day, and the awesome drivers briefing.. Was glad I could give some time back to the club for once. Was great seeing the action from the pitwall and ensuring everyone got out safely!

Cant wait till next year!

Thanks to Rytech and Andy Moocows Dad for the passenger rides! Audi RS4 and R33.2 very different experiences, but loved every minute of it..

See you all next year!

Wow, glad the old mate is ok.

I thought I had a bad trip back. Cyl 3/4 throttle body is stuck open 10% for some reason. Caused the revs to sit a 4-5k on idle. I figured I couldn't drive home that way so I pulled into Maccas for some diagnostic (how I found it was Cyl 3/4). So I rolled that throttle linkage back as far as I could but still idle was 3k.

Got almost to the M5/Georges Rd exit and massive stopped traffic due to an accident. I could see the rollers up there and figured I'm done for. Thought if they stop me because of the stuck linkage they'll hit me with the defects. Luckily they just cleared the accident as I approached the off ramp and I could pull a lazy 3rd gear bog down the 2k as I drove past.

Hey thanks to all the SAU guys that did so much work on this day. Was terrific and great to see so much new talent hitting the tarmac learning the in's, out's and whohhhaohhhohhhhoooo's! I saw many smiles and could really tell the improvement a lot of guys made through out the day.

Top notch!

I think I did my fair share of whohhhaohhhohhhhoooo's! during the day Eric, all my offs were worth it in the end...got over 5 seconds better throughout the day.

Id also like to give a big thanks to Chubbs, Ando, Shell, Matt and the others (Im terrible with names) for making my passenger Alex and myself feel so welcome last night over dinner and drinks at soldiers. It really helped to settle the nerves and and uneasy feeling of being a big noob on the track.

Wish I did it years ago

Thanks

Big thanks to the guys and girls running it, was a top day. Drove there, had a few excursions (possibly the biggest of the day linking turns one and 2 sideways at 180 kph) and drove home with no issues

I'd also like to thank the guys at wakefield for letting me moonlight as Jim's mowing service for the day. It's been 6 years since i was on the track there and it showed!

Note to self: next time bring proper rubber and get a wheel alignment so i can actually turn in.