SAU Community

Sau Wakefield Wrap-up Thread

S13Deviat

w00t! thanks for the pics of me CJ!

Thanks to Ando for his tireless work in getting the day together, and of course all the helpers today on pit lane, scrutineering etc..

I had the BEST FUN ever!!! my newbie group was great moral support, and I didn't feel any huge pressure to do any more than just concentrate on my own racing lines and driving.... if anyone's thinking if coming for the first time, just do it! Good to meet Dave074 for the first time at the club the night before and laugh about how crap we're going to be too. But that's what these days are all about, having fun :down:

Thanks to Duncan, Reece, Kel and Pat for being my instructors, especially Duncan in the first session, I learnt so much!!

And thanks to everyone who I car whored with in the other sessions... definately learnt how fast I will probably never go :D but it was great to see how the more experienced guys did it :down:

Mega thanks to Matty for getting my old shitbox going and track ready so we could both thrash the crap out it (you more than me :) ) and yes she made it home with no dramas!

Oh and thanks to Prue for the daiquiri at the soldiers :( and Zebra for being my wheel bitch :/

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I did my fair share of whohhhaohhhohhhhoooo's! during the day Eric, all my offs were worth it in the end...got over 5 seconds better throughout the day.

hahaha and everyone thought it was me... oh a red 33 had an off, must've been Shell :):D

w00t! thanks for the pics of me CJ!

Thanks to Ando for his tireless work in getting the day together, and of course all the helpers today on pit lane, scrutineering etc..

I had the BEST FUN ever!!! my newbie group was great moral support, and I didn't feel any huge pressure to do any more than just concentrate on my own racing lines and driving.... if anyone's thinking if coming for the first time, just do it! Good to meet Dave074 for the first time at the club the night before and laugh about how crap we're going to be too. But that's what these days are all about, having fun :down:

Thanks to Duncan, Reece, Kel and Pat for being my instructors, especially Duncan in the first session, I learnt so much!!

And thanks to everyone who I car whored with in the other sessions... definately learnt how fast I will probably never go :D but it was great to see how the more experienced guys did it :down:

Mega thanks to Matty for getting my old shitbox going and track ready so we could both thrash the crap out it (you more than me :) ) and yes she made it home with no dramas!

Oh and thanks to Prue for the daiquiri at the soldiers :( and Zebra for being my wheel bitch :/

Thanks Ando & Co for organising/operating a great SAU event.

The weather was perfect, we had the most cars/people i've ever seen at an SAU Trackday and more excitement in the first few sessions than i've seen in the past year at Wakefield Park.

A set of new used semi's fixed my braking issues and a new front windscreen meant I could actually see down the main straight with the afternoon sun setting. The only dirt and grass I drove on was what others brought onto the track (that oil down was crazy too for my light car). Gotta say that from following many cars today that road tyres are good for all of about 2 laps. Had heaps of fun letting the GTR's in my groups go past me then chasing them down a lap or 2 later. If I wasn't choking on rich exhaust smoke it was my eyes burning from boiling brake fluid from the cars infront haha.

I brought my fuel economy to a new level today, did 3 out of 4 sessions/groups in a row on 1 tank of fuel and ran out coming back into pit lane. The guys at the Auscar pits didn't seem to impressed that I could push my car with 1 hand down pit lane back to the pits rofl.

I haven't got much in the way of interesting video. Used a slightly different setup than normal and it didn't like the amount of sunlight.

as smooth as my shaved ass!! :)

Wish you didn't say that, can't stop thinking about your shaved ass now :D

Nahhh seriously, thank you for letting me at the last minute. It was fun to be able to run around without having to be serious and super clean each run, I was able to do all the fun things.

I was trying to get the most out of some old tyres, I'll post up some photos tomorrow, and you can't say I didn't get my monies worth out of them lol

Awesome day, thanks to Ando and all the helpers for putting on a great day

How good was the weather for mid July at Wakefield.

Day didn't start to well with losing a bolt out of the shifter fork on the gearbox and having to be towed back to the pits,

quick trip to Super cheap in Goulburn to buy some nuts and bolts an we were back in business only missing one session

Happy to run a PB with a 1.10.39 in the afternoon. :D

bring on the next one.

Great work by the organisers today, I thought the day went really well. And like Ron said, the weather was anything but usual for Wakie in July.

A huge thanks from us for John, Ben and Dave from UAS, they got our race car back together at about 5pm yesterday and it ran beautifully all day. We did about 15 sessions between Kel, Neil and I, so at least 150 laps. And got though 140l of fuel too (just for you Ben :D). No sign of issues with oil or water temp despite almost continuous running.

Tried to give as many people a run in the car as we could, but in the end I think we have a turbo seal problem so I parked it.

I would also like to shout out to someone about today's track day...

i hope the mechanical gods are looking after you all

except casss... man, that motor has to die some time lol

Motor went to Wakefield, went around Wakefield and came home from Wakefield. With improved fuel economy even! :D

Duncan I think I seen your car do more laps today than I have in the past few years combined! Even my dad commented that their was a crazy driver in a yellow gtr going sideways through the kink + T1 :D

Not sure how many laps I did, would be over 70 and used 35L and brought 10L home :)

Well organised, controlled and run day. Was good to finally get my car out on the track and learn how to drive it. Was good to be in a group of the same level as me.

Thanks to BenM for jumping in and giving me some pointers on basically how to drive to the whole track. It helped me immensely. :D

Thanks and well done to all the organisers and helpers for the day. I am looking forward to going back next year.

Now bring on the pictures!!!

Top day !!

While I didn't enter, it was great to see everyone have fun!

As clappa said was good to give bAck to the club and help out! Day seemed to go well!

A few points on my weekend...

Drinks fri night was awesome and good to have a social night! Cheap drinks too at the soilders!

I managed to get in a few cars between sessions and make 2 people come off the track...lol

Perfect weather!!

Big thanx to all that helped, Ando, prue, zebra, mbs206, Nismo, clappa, stevo, Anna, Duncan and Neil! Too many actually!! And thanx to all that came down

I noticed a fair few people spectating on the hills, more than previous years, a good sign eh!

A great range of cars too!

I'll enter next time!!

Also, if anyone has any feedback or ideas for our next one plz post up!

Cheers,

Chubbs

Pretty sure flickr has killed this quality and the low res size does too, but heres a teaser photo. Once hearing back from PI i plan on making a few wallpapers on my website from this event so stay tuned :D

4801978660_3e7bfdb885_b.jpg

Thanks Ando-san and all the other organizers for a great day. Was first time at wakefield and got to ride in heaps of cars and see what its like. totally tracking my car when its readyy :D:D:D::)

Pretty sure flickr has killed this quality and the low res size does too, but heres a teaser photo. Once hearing back from PI i plan on making a few wallpapers on my website from this event so stay tuned :woot:

4801978660_3e7bfdb885_b.jpg

Did this 32 actually get out and run much?

It was in my group but I dont remember seeing it often, then again its pretty hard to see when spinning around and around in circles :woot:

Did this 32 actually get out and run much?

It certainly looked very impressive going down the main straight, and only uber power cars do so. But I don't remember seeing it much after the first session.

Awesome day. Think I'm still smiling.

The black 32 went out for two sessions as his 2l catchcan filled and overflowed after that. There was nothing wrong with the car at all but he didn't want to tempt fate on his first track day.

Had the pleasure of going out with him in the first session to show him some lines but was to busy crapping myself. We didn't get out of 3rd gear and the brakes were cooked trying to pull it up after each squirt down the straight. An absolute beast!!!!!

I too would like to thank everyone involved in making yesterday happen, and run so smoothly!!!

Also would like to send a big thanks to matt (from shells car) for pointing out i lost a bolt from my turbo, and then with further looking found out I had broken 2 exhaust manifold studs... all in the first session :woot: and then to my mates and melly for helping finding the problem and trying to fix it.

One more to thank, Reece for letting me drive his clio after mine died in the first session

P.s. wow my car does have a lot of body roll as well!!!

Was a good day, heres some pics i took, not the best but okay, still have a fair few to go through

sau2.jpg