SAU Community

Sau Wakefield Wrap-up Thread

S13Deviat

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a great time, thanks again to all involved especially you Ando :woot:

The car behaved well, except for the diff trying to escape and the tyres being as hard a rock but I had an awesome time and look fwd to seeing you all about again.

Glad you got to have a ride Clappa

Firstly, many thanks to the organisers for this event, and a special big thanks to Ando (kidrock lookalike?) for allowing me to ride as a passenger for the day (Payment will be made via the SAU NSW account on monday thanks!). It was very well executed and didn't waste any time in getting into the action, kudos to the group for the organising!

Had a great run with some of the kindly souls who let me ride as passenger, it was valuable learning how drivers create their lines for a good and solid run, and ultimately a fast lap. Also got to see how mistakes could be made by all kinds of drivers from beginners to pretty-good. Saw (and helped :woot: ) a 370z achieve a PB of 1:13.9 on the day, 1.1 seconds over his personal best. Ireckon he can go even faster with 80kg of me out of the car :woot:

Would have loved a run in a group 1 car but missed out unfortunately.

Next time I'm bringing my own car to the track ;-)

Have met and seen some of Tenji's photos and they are pretty good, can't wait to see the ones he did of my car :woot:

Here are some of the pitstop photos that I managed to snap up :

dsc010000321024.jpg

dsc007100031024.jpg

dsc007300051024.jpg

dsc007500071024.jpg

dsc007700091024.jpg

dsc008400161024.jpg

dsc008500171024.jpg

dsc009100231024.jpg

dsc009400261024.jpg

dsc009500271024.jpg

dsc009900311024.jpg

dsc010100331024.jpg

dsc010400361024.jpg

dsc010600381024.jpg

Let me know if these pictures are loading slowly for you, I can change them to thumbnails.

Edited by MRSAMO

I was initially worried about the wear shown here, but it turned out to be just the brake pads wearing off onto the rotars.

post-33414-1279423657_thumb.jpg

I see others posting about good fuel consumption, but I ended up with 40l/100km on the track with stock injectors/fuel pump and AFM's. Is this normal?

I should post a thanks for Reece who gave me a couple of pointers on the day. Helped me shave off another couple of seconds.

I fueled up in Goulburn, did about 150km before the fuel light came on. I guess that works out to be around 30L/100km. Helps that I'm only forcing in 8psi I guess :woot:

Nice shoot'n Tench (play on 'nice shoot'n Tex). It was great to have you out play'n for the skyline boys. I'm sure it will take some time to go through all the photos, there's a lot of interest from all and knowing you do such great work - anticipation.

Thanks for the teasers.

Top day, to all involved in organising this event, a big thumbs up. :D

First time for me in taking passengers out on the track, so that was welcome a novelty.

I managed a PB of 1.11:70 on the mychron lap timer. :rofl::(:)

See you all next time around.

Bahahahaha "Ze anit-roll bars, zey do nuszing!" :(

I reckon - but think how much my car must roll with stock everything :rofl: T minus 5 days until my goodies go on! Then I'll join in next track day looks like you guys had a great time :)

I see others posting about good fuel consumption, but I ended up with 40l/100km on the track with stock injectors/fuel pump and AFM's. Is this normal?

I just had the car tuned on e85 race before the event and managed just under 50L/100 haha

a20089, I can't respond to your pm untill I have 10 posts, sorry mate.

Specs on the car can be found on www.the-lowdown.com tomorrow night under 'Pages' then 'Builds'.

Cheers.

I have to say that was probably one of the best track days I've been along to.

Ando - you did a sensational job keeping everything in order and everyone on track (mostly ;) ).

Thanks to everyone who helped out on the day.

And thanks to the club & members for supporting the event, and more importantly coming along to it with the right attitude.

A+++++ would recommend ;)

Big thanks to everyone to helped organise/run the event, and the instructors and people who jumped in and gave tips. I've been told that I was improving with each run ;) Didn't get timed unfortunately so don't know exactly what I was doing but I'm happy with the result - Super keen for another trackday - I filled up in goulburn saturday morning and had to dash out at like 2:30 i think to get more petrol then got another 2 runs in by the end of day so went through a little bit of petrol lol

Had super duper day and once again big thanks to everyone involved.

I know people are posting photo's/video's but if you do have any of mine - please feel free I don't mind I had a couple of people ask me I dont mind at all I'm keen to see what people got - tomorrow i've got some video footage a mate took so i'll see what its like and post it up should have a couple of different cars on it ;)

Some of these photos look awesome, cant wait for the DVD!

Just noticed Ive lost two of my Rays wheel caps (passenger side) ;);)

'Twas great to see so many having a fantastic time.

Wonderful day with no wind factor to reduce the temp.

BTW Dave, 2x wheel caps is only a 1/4 of the number of hubcaps that were lost by the Charger R/T 440 in "Bullitt" lol

Anyway, you'll take them off beforehand next time eh?

Many people were keen to sign up for Photo-DVDs

About half weren't even Skyliners - so great work Eric and Shooter.

Many signed the 2x Petitions to...

separate Enthusiasts from Hoons

Another new Member to SAU on the day!

And one who'll fill out his form I hope. Grab your opportunity to become a Member of SAUNSW ! ! ! > More benefits coming ! ! !

Am i able to sign up to SAU even though i don't have a skyline? I meant to ask this question on the day. If so, would love too as i fully support this club in what they do and practice.