SAU Community

Sau Wakefield Wrap-up Thread

S13Deviat

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone that went off track, or for those that need their car cleaned and brought back to new after a track day, see my signature and PM me for further details on getting a detail!

Special rates for SAU members!

Sounds like everyone had a good day, lots of PB's, including two zeds. Duncan's GTR went well. The Slot Car was getting pumped up ready for the next one.

Curious what was the fast car there?

I ended with a 1.06.6 after the Group 1 & 2 merge.

looks like it was mykk :D

I'm curious to know what Duncan's car was getting around the track.

How much kw is that car pushing mate?

Best is 1.08 in production car form (12psi and 17x8 control tyres). Haven't had a chance to run it at proper boost on proper tyres there

I guess it didn't go quicker than 1.09 or maybe high 08s, unfortunately the timer wasn't working. the focus was really on getting some long runs in prior to the 1 hour race there in 4 weeks.

about 230rwkws at standard boost.

yeah about 10kw less on this motor, it is pretty tight compared to some in the past. ran very well though, even though it was literally only run in on the dyno the day before. But it does make very cool flames

It was great to see so many new faces out there, and a huge thanks to all the instructors who gave their time to jump into passenger seats....hopefully they were able to provide lots of good tips :D

For anyone that went off track, or for those that need their car cleaned and brought back to new after a track day, see my signature and PM me for further details on getting a detail!

Call Shell... The 33 is a mess... ROFL

I got a new PB on that day :)

So chuffed for you Eddie!!!! Sub 1:10 is just friggin awesome :D Its a credit to the way you steer that thing around the track! I was so impressed and shocked how different it is pointing a FWD around a track..... oversteer.... what oversteer!?!?! :D

Congrats again champ!! :D

+1

This dude does a friggin awesome job of detailing a car!!!

So chuffed for you Eddie!!!! Sub 1:10 is just friggin awesome :D Its a credit to the way you steer that thing around the track! I was so impressed and shocked how different it is pointing a FWD around a track..... oversteer.... what oversteer!?!?! :D

Congrats again champ!! :D

Thanks Ando!

You gave me some good advice on the lines for the last 2 corners. They felt more smooth and natural then what i was using before, and it obviously worked :)

I'll give you a go driving the car next time ;)

Had a nice big screeching sliding off into the grass and mud in session 1 when i hit some coolant or something, apologies to Shell as my passenger........ was fun though!!!!!

haha all good mr moocow! was fun indeed!! :D

big thanks to everyone that mad the day great.. had a ball.. will definatly be going back again and again!

Big thanks to ando who came out with me to instruct for my first time around the track.. was a big help, could feel myself get a bit quicker during the day!!

Looked like a great day peoples! So jealous! Wish I could've been there! Hopefully next time...

I've always been curious to know the times I should be expecting for myself in a V35 and also what to expect for other cars at Wakefield... and from the random posts I've read, some did new PBs - Any official Times posted anywhere?? Can't see any...

If not was hoping if you all can post like below and help me and others to set a laptime goal for ourselves... Cheers!

Car Type: 2004 - V35

Mods: exhaust

Power (approx): 206kw

Wakefield Time: 1:00:00 - I WISH! I've never run it...

I've always been curious to know the times I should be expecting for myself in a V35 and also what to expect for other cars at Wakefield... and from the random posts I've read, some did new PBs - Any official Times posted anywhere?? Can't see any...

It was untimed, as we had passengers :happy:

The people that have posted times did it themselves...

Looked like a great day peoples! So jealous! Wish I could've been there! Hopefully next time...

If not was hoping if you all can post like below and help me and others to set a laptime goal for ourselves... Cheers!

Car Type: 2004 - V35

Mods: exhaust

Power (approx): 206kw

Wakefield Time: 1:00:00 - I WISH! I've never run it...

I'm afraid you are going to have to have alot more than an exhaust if you want to get a minute flat at Wakie :happy:

A mate of mine was running 1:16s on his first day at Wakefield in his standard 350Z, I'd imagine a V35 will be similar to this. There are heaps of variables to factor in (driver ability, tyres, condition of vehicle, conditions on the day ect) though so it's a very rough guide

I'm afraid you are going to have to have alot more than an exhaust if you want to get a minute flat at Wakie :)

A mate of mine was running 1:16s on his first day at Wakefield in his standard 350Z, I'd imagine a V35 will be similar to this. There are heaps of variables to factor in (driver ability, tyres, condition of vehicle, conditions on the day ect) though so it's a very rough guide

lol... yeah I know mate. Nothing wrong with aiming a "little" high... Which is why Im curious to see some times posted and type of cars and power and tyres they're running with.

But 1:16s is what I'll aim for. Thanks for that.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Interesting that it has 2 to the USB stick. Are the ones to the USB stick different? Or labelled anything at all? Telstra 4G is Band 28 is the long range one you want, it's 700mHz. I'm trying to do some reading on the Cel-Fi stuff, but I can't find any decent info online that makes me feel comfortable being able to work out the sort of antennas we could get away to swapping it over to. The antennas I'm starting to do some stuff with at work, are a transparent antenna. They're designed to stick onto the window. Which means you wouldn't even have the antenna outside the car. Volkswagen have just started using the exact same types of antennas on some of their new cars (And from the same antenna manufacturer). But, RF stuff is a bit of a dark art some days, and getting it wrong in your car could make for a terrible waste of money trying to swap antennas :S
    • I'm not going to lie Duncan, Saturday and Sunday were pretty rough days. The sort of work I was doing would previously have ended up with me spending about an hour and a half chatting with Neil. Firstly about something I had a question about, and then both of us rambling off on tangents.  I think how Neil did things, and his attitude to getting it done is helping me in part to get this stuff done. Then I can actually do the things I enjoy more easily  
    • Talked to another R34 GT-T owner, he said bonnet of his car once fell and slammed from full height because of strong wind at a car show and nothing was damaged or broken, so I guess I'm just overthinking some things but yeah, just making sure I'm not damaging the car anyhow cause wanna keep it for a long time.
    • I would say 100% that it doesn't matter at all. I have an Al bonnet and I drop it sometimes, push it others. Have done so for 25 years and there's no way to tell that either has caused any problems (because there are no problems).
    • yeah, a black 4 door HR, stock AT RB20DE. Was a pretty good daily summer car, it was kept in a garage during winter but previous owner was fighting rust so most of the car was covered with rust undercoating, the trunk, floorpan, it started to rust underneath so I thought it would be better to find other chassis that was taken care better and do rust preventions myself, at least I would know where keep my attention at. Plans are simple, enjoy the car as much as I can, mostly on summer of course, winter here is long and not kind to 90s JDM, I wanna keep it mostly stock like, I'm not a huge fan of GT-R look or any body kits so gonna keep it as metal as possible haha, something more balanced look wise and yeah, work on performance, I was thinking about RB25DET but 20DET actually feels fun, as long as it's reliable I think I might keep it.