SAU Community

Sau Wakefield Wrap-up Thread

S13Deviat

lol... yeah I know mate. Nothing wrong with aiming a "little" high... Which is why Im curious to see some times posted and type of cars and power and tyres they're running with.

But 1:16s is what I'll aim for. Thanks for that.

When i had my 6sp V35, i was lapping around the 1:15's. The car was stock engine wise, but i did have the full NISMO suspension kit including swaybars and it made a huge difference. As a guide, when an instructor jumped in to show me what the car could do, he had no probs getting by cars who were lapping a few seconds quicker then me. In his opinion they are a very very well balanced car, and we both found that it was extremely good through the corners with the NISMO suspension.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needed more people buying stuff imo. I'm not that scary am I?

On the contrary, it's the people you hang around with; like me.

I think that pre-event marketing via an occasional post & flyer could help - what do you think?

and I (and any other randoms) really appreciated it! amazing stuff :laugh: my first time ever in a GTR, and for it to be on a track was just fantastic.

My big double thanks to ando; firstly for organising the day. How smoothly and enjoyably the day ran should be taken as a credit to yourself and everyone who helped out.

Secondly, thanks so much for the two sessions of instructing. I really feel like i made progress in getting to know the limits of my car that i just wouldnt have without your help, sometimes all we need is a good mate to tell us to grow a pair!

Bed time for me. do not pass go, do not collect 200 killerwasps.

Goodnight all!

Wow missed this post!!! Sean, dude you are more than welcome! We all have to push the boundries of confidence, and as you said it just takes someone to whack you in the helmet a few times :ph34r: , scream at you not to brake and grow some, to realise that HEY i CAN take that corner faster :thumbsup:

You did bloody well out there and will only get quicker as time goes by!!!

big thanks to everyone that mad the day great.. had a ball.. will definatly be going back again and again!

Big thanks to ando who came out with me to instruct for my first time around the track.. was a big help, could feel myself get a bit quicker during the day!!

Ha you are more than welcome champ! Sorry for acting like a stunned mullet at first, i was just going a zillion miles an hour trying to make sure everything was getting underway!!! Really wanted to jump back in with you towards the end of the day to see how you were going! You were looking quick out there from what i saw anyway!! :ph34r:

Thanks for the kind words peeps! Glad everyone had a ball, i look forward to the next one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ph34r:

does anyone have a pic of the little red rocket clio lifting the back wheel coming onto the straight?

I was behind it a few times and was amazed it got a good 3-5 inches of air on the inside rear!

Erica snapped this one, i think its at turn 2

tourismo.jpg

We all have to push the boundries of confidence, and as you said it just takes someone to whack you in the helmet a few times :ph34r: , scream at you not to brake and grow some, to realise that HEY i CAN take that corner faster :thumbsup:

I couldnt agree more Ando,

The biggest lesson I learnt from my passenger who has done Wakie a fair bit in his Volvo (hahahahaha) was to have a little faith in your own ability, relax a bit, stop trying so hard and just work on one turn/corner at a time and most importantly trust what the car is capable of. Once I did that I managed to go from 1:20's down to sub 1:15's

I know its not uber fast or anything and I still have a lot to learn but I could tell how I was getting better and better each run, I still have a long way to go but Ill get there...........................................................................

.................................................................................

.........................................................one day

Hopefully next time Ill spend less time in the grass

I couldnt agree more Ando,

The biggest lesson I learnt from my passenger who has done Wakie a fair bit in his Volvo (hahahahaha) was to have a little faith in your own ability, relax a bit, stop trying so hard and just work on one turn/corner at a time and most importantly trust what the car is capable of. Once I did that I managed to go from 1:20's down to sub 1:15's

I know its not uber fast or anything and I still have a lot to learn but I could tell how I was getting better and better each run, I still have a long way to go but Ill get there...........................................................................

................................................................................

.........................................................one day

Hopefully next time Ill spend less time in the grass

If you're not in the grass you're not finding the limit! :thumbsup:

Took a few hours to edit and unfortunately lost a lost of quality in the recompress for youtube. Original is in 1080 HD.

Hahaha love the footage at the end!

Well done, good compilation.

Yeh my pics will be on the DVD soon, in full resolution and without watermarks in case you want a bedroom wall sized print.

Nice video Eric, now I wanna make a movie next time around :nyaanyaa:

Thing is I hate rendering times when making movies. Even these photos took me the past three days straight to process, edit and render

Edited by Tenchi12