SAU Community

Nismo 550cc Purple Tops Question

i got a set of freshly recon'd 550cc purple tops off ebay and just wondering if any one knows much about them. i have heard if your fuel is rich in ethanol it can cause damage. i only every put 98 octane in my car so will this be a problem??? anyone with a set? im hoping that it is just an over exageration

uploading a pic now to silence all, these will be going on my rb25, he says their high impedance but he tells me had them/or was gonna put them on his gtr but didnt. would these fit no problems with a aftermarket fuel rail

post-74158-1279547152_thumb.jpg

Edited by chrislesnar

What motor is this going on? NEO or R33 RB25?

And no ethanol does not harm injectors. (forgot to answer this earlier) The mythology is, that ethanol corrodes old fuel lines. Realistically this is a non event for most skyline users anyway, really only a variable if you run an E85 setup, and even then there arent THAT many rubber hoses to replace in the car anyway.

What colour is std, I thought purple was std???

Mines a '98 R33 and I've got yellow tops= nismo 555's and they flow like that as well - they were on the car already from Japan, but I'm sure that purple tops were the std colour in '98 rb25's??

Purple is stocko for RB25, but it looks to be a different purple again lol.

If I were you, the risk is too big, why muck around with all that. Snap up a second hand set of nismo 555s or 740s for 700 bucks, plug and play.

They are top feed injectors in the pics. They are definitely not stock RB25DET side feed injectors regardless of the colour.

They are not the standard blue coloured top feed RB25DET neo injectors either (for the record).

They are top feed injectors in the pics. They are definitely not stock RB25DET side feed injectors regardless of the colour.

x2

On another note, I had Denso 550cc injectors in my GTR when I first bought it and I'm pretty sure they were purple!