SAU Community

[vid] Shitty Rb26 Idle

omega36

Hey guys.

Would just like a few pointers in regards to my RB26's idle hiking all over the place.

It went from dropping up and down between 1000rpm - 1300rpm, but now it's sitting as high as 2000rpm :thumbsup:

Is it most likely to be a vacuum leak? And what are the detrimental effects of this, besides raping fuel when stationary?

Youtube vid here, sound is a bit shitty (muffled by dash surround and noisy engine fan!). Your help's appreciated!

vaccum test your map sensor, cos it might not be holding the manifold pressure properly, hook it up to her see if she holds pressure if she dosnt theres your problem

ull also want to check how good your spark/fuel and timing

just a couple thoughts for you :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I cleaned the AFMs, but this did not help.

I've noticed a sssssssssssssssss sound coming from engine bay near the drivers side - it has also started to become more difficult to select 1st/Reverse - would I be correct in saying that this is most likely a vacuum leak around the clutch slave cylinder somewhere?

Vacuum leak definitely, check the black box on the firewall, the line to it is probably split at it, or at the other end, behind the balance tube. Though it won't explain the hard gearchange though.

Fixed! Had a vacuum leak, one of the lines going to a canister near the front left of the car was severed. The gear change issue was due to the clutch vacuum reservoir splitting open.