SAU Community

So I Sprayed My Dash Facia

Looks good, that colour goes well with the burgundy/red body!

What kind of spray do you use? I'd imagine general enamel sprays would just scratch off too easily

burgundy, the body looks red for some reason

just acrylic and plastic primer, with a nice wet clear coat

Would have to use vinyl/plastic spray for it to last at all.

Does look the goods man, I've always liked how the R33 dash facia is one piece, even if it makes it harder to remove. I sprayed my R34 facia, doesn't look as good as that because it isn't all one piece, I couldn't spray all of it so it sort of looks a bit patchy.

Would have to use vinyl/plastic spray for it to last at all.

Does look the goods man, I've always liked how the R33 dash facia is one piece, even if it makes it harder to remove. I sprayed my R34 facia, doesn't look as good as that because it isn't all one piece, I couldn't spray all of it so it sort of looks a bit patchy.

yea they are designed well, they are easy enough to get off if you know what to do :)

once you have plastic primer down you can use whatever paint you want...

Looks good, IMO the 33's need a bit of paint on the dash, its all to black otherwise

I did mine about a year and a half ago in Frost silver. Dont remember the brand of paint but it was just from supercheap in a little can, its touch up spray paint im pretty sure

has held up alright, nearly time for a respray because some spots have got some scratches. I couldnt use a clear coat or it would have been a bit to glary under direct sunlight lol.

+1

hate it when people spray their dashes but actually looks good Clutch

:D

the trick is, keep it subtle, subtle enough to look factory.

ill get some sexy DSLR pics tonight maybe, looks way better in person, it was taken on my iphone, god knows iphone cameras suck d**k

came in here all ready to flame.... but it looks aight! :D

hahaha +2 I was totally expecting some bright blue or red colour.

now if you only stop midgets from jumping around your front seats in their dirty little working boots it might actually improve overall.. nah but seriously wash that front seat and the mats, looks like you work in the mines or something

I used the exact paint as the OP on my R34 a few weeks ago - plenty of prep with sandpaper, primer, etc - but I tend to think you need to put in a good effort to get the right finish. Anyway, I think it came up fine (trial fitting before putting the stereo back in):

20100711_gear-surround.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...