SAU Community

Best Turbo To Put On Neo Rb25det

n0rko

You need to think about what you want to do with the car.. ie if you want to set the car up as a drag / track / street only ??

Different turbos for different purposes... also don't forget supporting mods etc

So yeah, start with what you want out of the car, set a budget and go from there :thumbsup:

well pretty much for street/drag, i want it for high performance and i really don't have a budget

Let's see... if you want smallish low mounted turbos, try the HKS GTRS, or Garrett 3071

Most people go for Hi-flows if you still want response.

Or if you want nice big power no matter how laggy it is, you can go for Garrett T04Z.

well pretty much for street/drag, i want it for high performance and i really don't have a budget

if you dont have the budget then youu dont really have money to change the turbo, do you have all over supporting mods? no point changing turbo if the power increase is so little that stock injectors are going to keep up. then if you change injectors you need afm and then u need ecu and the list goes on.

Looking At a Gt 35/40 Of a XR6 from a mate with a 0.8 housing or something like that i know what the houseing do but i have been told it might be a little big. So there you go food for thought.

before going into solution mode how much do you want to spend?

let us know your power target and budget then we can give suitable answers

ie if you only want to spend 5k were are really limited and youll be stuck with comprimises etc

20k is a f**king great budget

this is what u need

turbo (gt35, 3076r etc)

manifold

injectors

external gate

exhaust mods

big cooler (nothing chinese)

fuel pump

ecu

clutch

other than that its just the little things like gaskets, dash fittings, catch tanks etc (there is lots of little things as well to consider like if u wanna go forgies etc but u should really go speak to a mechanic about the price of what they charge but u can definately build a fast and reliable lil package for 20k)

id look at a brake and diff upgrade as well

let us know how u go

cheers

julz

Edited by GUN_METAL_GTR32

One idea man, why not buy an R34 GT-T that someone else has spent the 20k on it, save yourself a tonne of money and means you dont have to go through all the effort of getting your car setup.

I would personally buy this:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/19...amp;hl=EAST+kit

The other question you have to ask yourself is do you want the car to appear legal? If so, you want to stick to a hi flow turbo, go big cooler and keep the stock airbox. Exactly like the car above.

Edited by Harey