SAU Community

1989 R32 Gtr, Vic

Gunmetal Grey 1989 R32 GTR For Sale. $12000 ONO VIC

Rebuilt bottem end. Started her up in the drive way one day and it let go so i cant afford to rebuild it again.

R34 N1 Turbo's, Turbo Back exhaust, remote filter and oil cooler. Tein Coilovers, Clean Body and Interior. Couple of minor dints that will come out.

Call me on 0422 351 958 or email [email protected]

post-56606-1280218428_thumb.jpg

post-56606-1280218437_thumb.jpg

post-56606-1280218446_thumb.jpg

post-56606-1280218451_thumb.jpg

Gunmetal Grey 1989 R32 GTR For Sale. $12000 ONO VIC

Rebuilt bottem end. Started her up in the drive way one day and it let go so i cant afford to rebuild it again.

R34 N1 Turbo's, Turbo Back exhaust, remote filter and oil cooler. Tein Coilovers, Clean Body and Interior. Couple of minor dints that will come out.

Call me on 0422 351 958 or email [email protected]

lol 12k for a gtr shell with a blown engine :D

Edited by mungy

Running 89 GTR32 went for 13 something grand in Vic with no dents (see Chan post early this week).

There are several really nice ones with rubuilt motos going for under 20 and lots of good running ones for 15 and shitters advertised from 12 (probably means they would sell for 9)

A later model V spec with spun bearing (think maybe 94 model??) no dents perfect nick was advertised for ages before it sold I think in NSW he had 12 on it and probably took alot less.

Its a buyers market at the moment (look how many are for sale and how long they have been there for) and as it would cost someone at least 6K to get a running import motor (with unknown history) put in it and the market value for a running one is 10-13 you do the maths.

Running 89 GTR32 went for 13 something grand in Vic with no dents (see Chan post early this week).

There are several really nice ones with rubuilt motos going for under 20 and lots of good running ones for 15 and shitters advertised from 12 (probably means they would sell for 9)

A later model V spec with spun bearing (think maybe 94 model??) no dents perfect nick was advertised for ages before it sold I think in NSW he had 12 on it and probably took alot less.

Its a buyers market at the moment (look how many are for sale and how long they have been there for) and as it would cost someone at least 6K to get a running import motor (with unknown history) put in it and the market value for a running one is 10-13 you do the maths.

I don't know why he should have to do the maths...and it's your maths anyway. I see about 20 numbers in here, so exactly what math are you talking about?

Sellers done the right thing by at least stipulating a price - and even if his ask is a bit of a stretch, so are most prices on here. Worth noting - Chan's sold in just a couple of days. Also, I saw one sell in Tassie in just 2-3 days, not going at all, in a worse condition, with less mods, and in a smaller market, for $6K. Which puts a floor under this price (well, theoretically). So I'd say it's not unreasonable for him to be getting $8-9K, maybe up to $10K for someone who has a block that they've got no use for (some people can't sell the RB26DETT at $3500 either). In which case asking $12K is fair, as I presume he's negotiable anyway.

Give the guy a break.

GJ - for watching yer back - sell it to me for $5K!

lol we not rippin into him we just layin the hard truth down, seems like when you do that on this forum u get told ur a wanker and not to post bull, but we just tryin to be realistic.

gtr rebuild kit = about 3500 - 4000 plus 2000 lab if u not a mech, gtr's sellin for average of 15,500 -3500 for rebuild - 2000 for lab and u get ur actual price car is worth up to the seller to go cheaper if need be.

so the body is actually worth based on average prices 9k and guaranteed would sell for about 8k taking into account you can go to your local importer and get a gtr shell for about 2-3 grand then buy the nec interior bits

lol we not rippin into him we just layin the hard truth down, seems like when you do that on this forum u get told ur a wanker and not to post bull, but we just tryin to be realistic.

gtr rebuild kit = about 3500 - 4000 plus 2000 lab if u not a mech, gtr's sellin for average of 15,500 -3500 for rebuild - 2000 for lab and u get ur actual price car is worth up to the seller to go cheaper if need be.

so the body is actually worth based on average prices 9k and guaranteed would sell for about 8k taking into account you can go to your local importer and get a gtr shell for about 2-3 grand then buy the nec interior bits

Thanks mungy for doing the Maths

and thanks to swoopdown for not being sharp enough to know what math is. mungy - I see a whole bunch of numbers. No logic. So the selling price is? 8K? 9500?

But this is good enough for swoopdown. who claims to be 'laying down the hard truth' - but isn't. He's blurting out an opinion based on his own observations, which may differ from those of others.

'you figure that out'

and let the seller sell his car, as per his expectations.

I only put up $12,000 cos i haven't been on here in a while and wasn't sure what it was worth. Atm i'll probably take about $10,000. I put $12,000 cos it does have most of the work already done like new turbo's reco head, all new gaskets and the bearing let go when i started it in the driveway so for all i know the forgies n everything else could be ok. But knowing my luck there not.

There's also coilover's, new tyre's n other bits n pices too.

Dato its about supply and demand.

I am in the market for a GTR32 and have been keeping a close eye on cars for a while including looking at a good handfull and following owners up moths later and then seeing what they finally do sell for (if they sell). Many cars advertised here are also advertised on carsales and guess what? They still havnt sold!

Supply is through the roof and demand is at an all time low.

Im sure my old mate GreenGTR (who probbaly paid top $ a few years ago) would disagree but the facts are the market for a 20 year old supercar that is in abundance is much lower then what people who are selling what to believe.

Once again I wish Jet good luck with his sale.

i recon put it on carsales.com if you havent already.. and i see nothin wrong with putting 12 and then lowering it if nothing is happenin, especially if he was trying to get a feel for it to begin with.

good luck with ur sale buddy :blink:

Hi.

Its your car advertise it for what you think. Ignore the 2 people who have only joined the forum in the last 2 months and are both a mine of misinformation. Drop off children and let the guy sell his car.

Good advice from both. If only swoopdown wasn't such an apparent font of 'factual' information, and didn't feel the need to advise others on how to sell their cars, he may actually OWN one as opposed to asking to hitch rides in others.

GTRJet - try Daz305's advice. i just sold mine from carsales last week (you'll recall I PM'd you), and I think that you'll likely find more genuine parties, as opposed to mere tyrekickers, like my good mate swoopdown. I've also PM'd you with the details of someone selling his RB26DETT at a reasonable price - even if you don't wish to fit it, it goes part way to providing potential customers with a solution to this problem.

Hi.

Its your car advertise it for what you think. Ignore the 2 people who have only joined the forum in the last 2 months and are both a mine of misinformation. Drop off children and let the guy sell his car.

ok first of all, I'm obsessed with skylines, ALL of them and just because I've only joined the forum 2 months ago doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about, I've been a mechanic most of my working life and I worked for leader vehicle imports in SA for most of that. So my " misinformation" is from actuall "experience" in the industry, it's not just about supply and demand it's cost of parts and most importantly TIME, this GTR at 12k + parts and labour would end up costing exactly what the car is valued at about 18k, however YOUR TIME is what it's going to cost you. What's your time worth to you? My time is worth alot to me so for 18k I'd rather buy n drive not buy and spend the next 2 weeks building.

So what I'm saying is to me this car is worth 10g my time is worth min 1k per week so I would only pay 8g for this, however that is just what it's worth to me someone else might value their time less than I value mine and would pay more

So what you have to consider is this car needs a rebuild how much time do you have, what kind of patience do you have, because a rebuild is never just a rebuild not only will you spend money and time rebuilding you will be ironing out small kinks for a few weeks after that and on top of all that to safely finish a rb26 rebuild is with a tune which is more time and money. It's easier just to drop a new motor in and then your risking a dud motor.

So does that make sense now? It's only worth the TIME and money people are willing to pay, and to give you a better idea call a jap wreckers they value their time quite highly and would give you about 4g for the body, we value our time less than them and so would pay more, I don't think I could make it any clearer.

Cheers for the imput guys, however i'd still like 10 for it considering it has a few $1000 of new parts on it. I am stripping it though so the more parts i sell the cheaper the car will go.

Wish you were in qld id offer 8 cash for the car as is for sure.

To be honest any one who says a engine rebuild takes 2 weeks is kidding them self.If you are to do it correctly it takes longer then 2 weeks after machine work and what not plus fixing any thing you find as you go like gearbox rubbers engine mounts cooler pipe bovs and so on it all adds up,Damn i spent 3 grand on top of what i had to spend finding and fixing things up on my gtr in parts and labour correcting things that should have been done in the first place and i did not even rebuild the motor i just striped and painted the engine bay.

even if some one bought it to throw a second hand motor in your up for 3 to 4 g for a second hand motor plus you have to pay someone to rip out the old and put in the new.... It all costs money i don t think you would get much change out of 5 to 6 grand with the cost of the motor and the install.

Then you have to get the car retuned on top of that.There has to be a reason it spun a bearing in the first place i know id be getting a retune for sure and again it all costs money....

You can pick up running gtr's for around 12 to 14 grand in average condition.

Edited by Gtir-keiron