SAU Community

Problem With Start Up

johnnnnnyboi

hey guys i got a 95? r33 gts-t that had been sitting around for about 4 years, got it off a mate that cud not be bothered with it so i decided to see if i can get it started and sell it to someone that will want a 69,000km skyline =), anyway ive got it cranking but.... it cranks and dosent start, i had to get a new immobilser for it as it had one but no remote, its an autowatch one and i merely got an updated version, it plugged into the old sockets just like the last cept i can turn it off and actually attempt to start the engine, with the last immobiliser when turning it to 'on' it would have all the lights come up (pre-start lights) since ive put the new one in when i turn it to 'on' nothing comes up its just merely blank, i turn the imobiliser off and everything and the car will crank as it attempts to start, usual problems for not having power there is some interior fuses which i all replaced and volt tested, i stole the big battery from my rents xr6 so its got plenty of power going to it, thing is it just wont start the only other option i have is that the ignition switch is faulty which it might be... im just wondering has anyone else had this sort of problem? cause apparently the ignition switch is the one that gives the fuel pump power so it can put fuel thru cause at the moment i replaced the filter and everything and no petrol comes out? correct me if im wrong i know alot about cars but im not a mechanic by trade so some help here wud be sweet

thanks!

can you hear the fuel pump prime up . its prolly full of rust

yeh i know i cant and ive come to realise thats gonna be another one of my problems and im gonna go to a wreckers and get a new fuel tank and pump i was gonna tackle that after fixing this dash problem? but since i cant find an immediate solution i might do the fuel tank/pump first. cheers.

You might as well get a the new tank and pump, as old fuel does no good for a car.

Check the hoses as well, also if its been sitting for 4 years you might as well replace all the fluids like oil, coolent etc.

You might as well get a the new tank and pump, as old fuel does no good for a car.

Check the hoses as well, also if its been sitting for 4 years you might as well replace all the fluids like oil, coolent etc.

yeh tru guess i will get round to doing that, replaced all the hoses and stuff they were like so very very tight i think the petrol acted like glue in the long run to it, they were just absolutely stuck i nearly tipped the car trying to pull em off hahaha, yeh i think ive found the main problem the immobiliser wont let the power go to the dash so the power cant come on to allow the fuel pump to start up to let it pump fuel to the engine, im so ringing up that immobiliser company and havin a go at em, when u get a new one dont u have to like get it re-programmed to like the main computer or? i duno how they work..

ive installed a few immobilizers and i have had a faulty unit so it is a possibility. did u hook it up correctly? cut the main ignition wire - with your test light it should only have power when the key is on and when u turn it to start it still has power, run this wire through one of the immobilizing circuit and make sure u connect the ignition wire (this is separate) to the side coming off the key barrel.

why dont you just bypass the immobilizer? get a small piece of wire and just twitch it around both sides of the wire u ran through the immobilizer.

and if u cant hear the fuel pump then check if theres power there

ive installed a few immobilizers and i have had a faulty unit so it is a possibility. did u hook it up correctly? cut the main ignition wire - with your test light it should only have power when the key is on and when u turn it to start it still has power, run this wire through one of the immobilizing circuit and make sure u connect the ignition wire (this is separate) to the side coming off the key barrel.

why dont you just bypass the immobilizer? get a small piece of wire and just twitch it around both sides of the wire u ran through the immobilizer.

and if u cant hear the fuel pump then check if theres power there

yeh mate ure on the money i um bought an updated version of the immboliser like when i got there i was like listen this is it can u make me a remote he go's itll take a few days to make a remote for it plus itll cost u like the same amount just to buy the newer version which plugs straight into the ports u got in the car at the moment, i said listen ive travelled far as long as you can give me something and itll work and i dont have to come back then ill grab that so i went home got the newer one it plugged straight it i thought sweet it beeped everything so i through the old one out after having trouble with it for weeks now ive come to realise in small print on the manual it says when u change just the box to the premium one u will have to re-wire it cause all the ports will have changed i was like OMG WHY COULDNT HE HAVE JUST SAID THAT LIKE WHEN I WAS THERE here i thought it was other problems.. so me and a mate and a soldering iron are gonna go to town on this thing when i get the time, thanks heaps for your help boys! wait a minute... bypass? can u say how to do that in better language, sorry electrics isnt a strong point of mine what do i have to do? thanks.

bypass/bridge

the only point of an immobilizer is for safety so no1 steals the car, so if u join the circuits that you broke to run through the immobilizer it'll work fine

just wanna say thanks to the blokes that inputted, it really was the immobiliser me and my mate yesterday ripped it out and re-wired the whole thing took 7 hours but the car works and starts perfectly now =) can close thread now.