SAU Community

Interstate Transport

Hey People,

Im new to this forum but can anyone help me here. Im wanted to buy a s15 from Vic or Nsw any others that are on carsales and get it shipped to perth. Does the car have to be stock coz im wanting it with the intercooler and everything on the front but once it gets here n goes over the pits im a bit worried any have advice? Also how long does it take for a car to get here?

hi there...

okay - transit from vic expect to pay about a grand for that service, the car must be able to be drive on and off a truck - not too low!!!!

it's cheapest to get depot to depot so in our case it's most probably in welshpool...

when you learn how to use the search function this has been covered many many times in the past :mad:

anyway...

expect to pay about a grand or so for transport - turn around is about seven days - i'd allow up to three weeks in case it's not solid...

but yeah - i was in the same boat as you - looking over east for a car because nothing in perth got me excited - i ended up importing the car of my dreams and it's currently in Vic being complied - i got pretty bent over a barrell though because the model of soarer i wanted - nobody in WA will comply them...

point i'm trying to make is - buying a car from over east, you run the same risks as importing from japan - as in buying a car sight unseen... would you consider maybe importing your own S15?

you'd probably save some money in the process - plus you have access to MANY more cars... it just means you have to be patient with waiting times! :P

hi there...

okay - transit from vic expect to pay about a grand for that service, the car must be able to be drive on and off a truck - not too low!!!!

it's cheapest to get depot to depot so in our case it's most probably in welshpool...

when you learn how to use the search function this has been covered many many times in the past :mad:

anyway...

expect to pay about a grand or so for transport - turn around is about seven days - i'd allow up to three weeks in case it's not solid...

but yeah - i was in the same boat as you - looking over east for a car because nothing in perth got me excited - i ended up importing the car of my dreams and it's currently in Vic being complied - i got pretty bent over a barrell though because the model of soarer i wanted - nobody in WA will comply them...

point i'm trying to make is - buying a car from over east, you run the same risks as importing from japan - as in buying a car sight unseen... would you consider maybe importing your own S15?

you'd probably save some money in the process - plus you have access to MANY more cars... it just means you have to be patient with waiting times! :P

Thanks...i would buy my own but im way to impatient and want one soon lol...and yeh im new to this whole forum been reading some stuff but not many people writing about transporting to perth, so id thought id ask. Does the car have to be stock or can it be modified a bit? also does it go over the pits here or over there thats the part i dont get ppl r saying the rules have changed now or something. Perth is so crap for S15 and i can only drive auto. I have a skyline r33 atm but i really wanna get a s15 n there so cheap overeast its ridiculous i just dont know where to begin with the seller. And how does the seller get the money does the car have to arrive first then we exchange im totally confused

part 2 of my confessionssss

i forgot to mention that i actually ended up importing a car from japan... as enticing as buying from over east is... it's realistically the same kettle of fish as importing from japan...

basically i'm assuming the reason you're looking overeast is because you've seen a SPECIAL one - one that makes you REALLY want it... well - that's why we import cars! we KNOW there's plenty of local examples already but sometimes we want a REALLY special one...

importation PROs... get the car you always dreamed of. possibly at a cheaper price than buying locally

importation CONs... takes about 3 months or so.. not good for the impatient ones, can be a bit of a headache - but that's what the brokers are here to help you out with!!! :mad:

importation can get you very different array of cars, from the perfect schmick excellent conditon last run late models...

03012_002.jpg

to the cars that are modified but still are regarded as being "almost like new" condition: (by the way - LOVE these cleared out tail lights!!!)

03921_002.jpg

03921_003.jpg

all the way up to the kind of thing you would usually expect to see in a japanese car magazine.

00667_002.jpg

FYI - both these cars are cars that have gone up today at auction.. and there's literally thousands of other that can be snapped up by a clever buyer! :P

only way i would buy interstate is if it was a complete bargain and i knew it was a great car...

because you STILL run the same risks / ups / downs of buying an import from japan

again sorry for spamming TONS of pics and taking thigns off topic - but take a look at what you want and what you're after... you might find that you tick every box for being the kind of person who should import an S15!!!

hahaha WOW tlak about a million questions!!! okay here goes

way too impatient and want one soon - that scares me when you say that, what if this "S15" is cheap for a very good reason ie: seller has done a mischeif in it?

yeah transportation to perth - not really anything to discuss, search online, get quotes, go with a compnay you're happy with! CEVA is usually a good place to start..

does the car have to be stock or modified? umm - dunno about that one, i would say "try and find out later on" would be your best bet - worst case scenario they say "nup cant be registered" and they tell you waht they want you to do and you do it and register it another day.. as for the being a girl thing - the pits guys are no longer "pits guys" they're now full blown public servants with distinct job to carry out, there is no discrimination and there is no bias!

yes - perth is crap full stop for buying cars (in my opinion)

the seller gets money via bank transfer - and MAYBE the car carrying company can organise payment on delivery but that's up to them

PS: buy my cefiro? :mad: haha

hahaha WOW tlak about a million questions!!! okay here goes

way too impatient and want one soon - that scares me when you say that, what if this "S15" is cheap for a very good reason ie: seller has done a mischeif in it?

yeah transportation to perth - not really anything to discuss, search online, get quotes, go with a compnay you're happy with! CEVA is usually a good place to start..

does the car have to be stock or modified? umm - dunno about that one, i would say "try and find out later on" would be your best bet - worst case scenario they say "nup cant be registered" and they tell you waht they want you to do and you do it and register it another day.. as for the being a girl thing - the pits guys are no longer "pits guys" they're now full blown public servants with distinct job to carry out, there is no discrimination and there is no bias!

yes - perth is crap full stop for buying cars (in my opinion)

the seller gets money via bank transfer - and MAYBE the car carrying company can organise payment on delivery but that's up to them

PS: buy my cefiro? :P haha

Hahaha sorry about all them questions but im a girl i dont know much about this stuff. There is just so much of a variety over vic n nsw and all that there is only 2 over here for sale that are auto i just need a auto one that has a good look i dont want a standard looking one, yes im fussy but hey i gotta drive that thing so it should look good. Im really confused now because i dunno if i should get a standard one n do it up myself i would rather buy one already dun up thats all but perth is so friggen shitty especially when your limited coz i can only drive auto :mad:

Look locally and you will find one, even though auto there are still quite a few around as complied quite a few. I was at a workshop this afternoon with an AUS delivered one being inspected for a sale going to NSW. It was a clean one so going on that the cars over east must not be to good.

I haven't seen a car with mods not have issues at the pits and end up costing quite a few dollars to sort, this is covered a few times through the forum. A little thing like a small oil leak that might not worry you to the inspectors means fix it or not road worthy.

Gonna throw in my 2c....

Local is the best way to go if you don't really know the in and outs.

Nothing wrong with Jap imports but you will not be able to see the car in teh flesh until it arrives... that's just the fact :/

No matter what state the car is located you can always buy a cheap domestic airfare to go see it. At worst you waste your airfare...

A friend of mine used to live here in Victoria (she is overseas now) - she had a pearl white soarer 1JZ vvti turbo - it was stock, but in excellent condition - a guy flew all the way from Perth to see it - he liked it and even put a small deposit down... but later changed his mind :)

Anyways the car was eventually sold to a senoir citizen about a month later :D