SAU Community

2010 Gt-r Launch Control Controversy Explained On Video

ashneel

found this interesting video. couldn't find it posted anywhere else so thought it be good for you R35 owners to see.

can anyone confirm what it says about the VDC off in you owners manual?

ta

Ash

found this interesting video. couldn't find it posted anywhere else so thought it be good for you R35 owners to see.

ta

Ash

It says just what he claims it says. Only to escape mud or snow. Turning off VDC in cases where your not stuck in mud or snow (i guess the black box could work this out) would void your warranty.

I do wonder though why motor magazine testers have this car at 3.8 or 4.0 sec to 100km/hr. Do they not know how to launch this car? What gives?

ta

Ash

Mizuno will also tell you that it's important to have 400kg on each corner (which is why they "designed" ther r35 to be so heavy.. and why so many of us take weight out of the car..) and that Ethanol "is no use" on the vr38....

- it's marketing spin

They definitely did implement launch control, they just happened to make it too aggressive and a few boxes bloew up (how many times have you launched out of the snow/mud at 4800rpm?)

Wish they didnt use him to comment on stuff we all know is BS, it kind of cheapens his image for me

Edited by LSX-438