SAU Community

Does Anybody Knowo When Importers Are Allowed To Start Importing The New R35 Gtr's

Does any one on the forum know when the importers are allowed to start importing the new r35 gtr and what time frame are we looking at, stuff buying it from nissan direct, they charge way too much for it.

Does any one on the forum know when the importers are allowed to start importing the new r35 gtr and what time frame are we looking at, stuff buying it from nissan direct, they charge way too much for it.

Nissan Australia sell it here currently , so it is unavailable for import.

That's no entirely correct.

You can import JDM models but there's incredibly strict rules to follow, and as such, it's not worthwhile for people to import them. One of the main criteria is the car must be 100% brand new, before build date of 03/2009 (or there abouts).

not to mention how much of a huge bhuut fharque once in the country with nissan placing embargos on the jdm ones... Buy second hand from aus... There's always someone selling something :)

Nissan Australia sell it here currently , so it is unavailable for import.

yea i know nissan aus sell it here, but im wondering when are they going to let importers buy them from overseas, does anyone have an idea of that.

in case you didn't get it from the previous answers to your question....they are NOT going to let importers bring them in. EVER. Except for those who will wish to argue;

a) the caveat around personal imports (which I'm sure is not what you meant), or

b) once they are 30 years post the first date of manufacture

so to answer your question precisely, they will allow you to import them in 2038.

No need to get your paperwork ready just yet....

That's no entirely correct.

You can import JDM models but there's incredibly strict rules to follow, and as such, it's not worthwhile for people to import them. One of the main criteria is the car must be 100% brand new, before build date of 03/2009 (or there abouts).

True, I should've been more clear about that, It's a similar situation to when the 100 odd Aus R32's were sold here is it not ?

And as to whether they are relaxing their rules regarding non ADM model support I'm not sure but im almost certain they will not be made available for widespread import.

Edited by Nee-san

I have heard Nissan Aus are now relaxing things a bit as they can see they are losing money on parts that they could be selling

You'd hope so.

Purely from a business perspective, i wonder if Nissan Japan know how Aus Nissan treat their customers.

What kind of a screwed up business model says, "hey we have this huge customer base of die hard car fanatics, but we're not selling them anythng cause they didn't buy the car from us"

in case you didn't get it from the previous answers to your question....they are NOT going to let importers bring them in. EVER. Except for those who will wish to argue;

a) the caveat around personal imports (which I'm sure is not what you meant), or

b) once they are 30 years post the first date of manufacture

so to answer your question precisely, they will allow you to import them in 2038.

No need to get your paperwork ready just yet....

well that kind of sucks then lol... so i guess me hopeing to pick up a r35 gtr 2010 model for around the 130k-140k is impossbile i take it, without going through a used car dealer..

i am soooo done with this thread it's not even funny

look

there's like a TINY TINY window of opportunity to pick up a JDM gtr... it's an even better idea to buy a GTR jdm for sale here in australia - as they're keen to sell...

ugh

nvm

You'd hope so.

Purely from a business perspective, i wonder if Nissan Japan know how Aus Nissan treat their customers.

What kind of a screwed up business model says, "hey we have this huge customer base of die hard car fanatics, but we're not selling them anythng cause they didn't buy the car from us"

Honestly, I don't think Nissan Japan would give a flying toss of the Oz market because it's one of the smallest customer base in the world. I've been to the Nissan headquarters here in Lidcombe and it's the tiniest office you can ever imagine for such a huge global company.

Honestly, I don't think Nissan Japan would give a flying toss of the Oz market because it's one of the smallest customer base in the world. I've been to the Nissan headquarters here in Lidcombe and it's the tiniest office you can ever imagine for such a huge global company.

Did you do Doughies in the gravel ?

You'd hope so.

You should see how Nissan Japan treat there customers..

Bend over...next...bend over...next...bend over..next !!