SAU Community

Jdm Fest 2010

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now THERE'S a SAU'er I haven't heard from in a while... Googs; how goes it, mate?!?

hey bud good tanx :D good to see u hovering around here now and again :)

anyways not 100% sure will make it , have a bucks night the night b4 + work in morning so will be umm errr yes well u know

hey bud good tanx :) good to see u hovering around here now and again :)

anyways not 100% sure will make it , have a bucks night the night b4 + work in morning so will be umm errr yes well u know

Always here or hereabouts!! :(

Meh, I don't care what cars are there I'll probably come along... I can't argue about 'sex-spec' cars as my 33 is hot metallic pink with a purple pearl, chrome mirrors and when i bought it was quite the bling mobile.... Now however it has drift damage on the front but it is still 'sex-spec' painted and will be even more so when i do my respray next year (yes, complete with airbrushing) :) all in all BRING ON TEH CARZ!!!! Everyone has different tastes and some of us enjoy the best of both worlds :P i personally go ooooh preetty then mmmm rubber splatter on the guards :P Then look at my girl and go oooh pretty even with her zip tied drift damage and scratches here and there..

Looking to come along so may see you some of you there :D

That "thing" won the peoples choice award, pretty easy to do when you bring along all of you mates and have them vote a few times each :)

Ohh and I don't know the owners and yes, I voted because i liked the car except the rims.. That includes the colour :P

And that perfectly sums up why I dont like the sex-spec thing...bunch of knobs who think they are too good for everyone else....Tbh I hope it hails on their 100k paint jobs

now that's not very friendly!?!?! what about he fact visitors to the region ring in additional $$$ and attention? sure, i'm not one for the mega bling/ sex spec either, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome them to an event.

I won't be going as its my daughters birthday the following day, but wonder how I would be received with my GTR after reading some of the comments (and I'm local)!?!?! Is this an exclusive little clique then?

Wow.. you guys are so narrow minded. "I don't like sexspec, its shit". Ever heard of tolerance. They go for comfort over performance, so what! Personally i wouldn't do it to my car but I can certainly appreciate the work that has gone into it. As someone has already stated "We are all modifiers".

If we want to keep the car scene in Canberra alive we really need to include everyone. Otherwise there wouldnt be enough people to support events like this. If people keep talking like they are in this thread then others will feel excluded and not welcome (as I have felt in the past) so they wont come, and the events will die off. Its not even an SAU event anyway.

I would also like to point out that JDM means "Japanese Domestic Market" ie any japanese car.. not just drift/tuner. My dads Tarago is JDM for gods sake

now that's not very friendly!?!?! what about he fact visitors to the region ring in additional $$$ and attention? sure, i'm not one for the mega bling/ sex spec either, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome them to an event.

I won't be going as its my daughters birthday the following day, but wonder how I would be received with my GTR after reading some of the comments (and I'm local)!?!?! Is this an exclusive little clique then?

Wow.. you guys are so narrow minded. "I don't like sexspec, its shit". Ever heard of tolerance. They go for comfort over performance, so what! Personally i wouldn't do it to my car but I can certainly appreciate the work that has gone into it. As someone has already stated "We are all modifiers".

If we want to keep the car scene in Canberra alive we really need to include everyone. Otherwise there wouldnt be enough people to support events like this. If people keep talking like they are in this thread then others will feel excluded and not welcome (as I have felt in the past) so they wont come, and the events will die off. Its not even an SAU event anyway.

I would also like to point out that JDM means "Japanese Domestic Market" ie any japanese car.. not just drift/tuner. My dads Tarago is JDM for gods sake

All I can say is go live in Sydney like I used to...you will soon feel the same way as me.

And as for $$ for Canberra...well 4-5cars so maybe 10-15 people really isn't going to do much for the economy.

Thats what Summernats is for.

And I know what the f**k JDM stands for, but in context it means Styled the way the Japanese do, i.e JDM Style

All I can say is go live in Sydney like I used to...you will soon feel the same way as me.

And as for $$ for Canberra...well 4-5cars so maybe 10-15 people really isn't going to do much for the economy.

Thats what Summernats is for.

And I know what the f**k JDM stands for, but in context it means Styled the way the Japanese do, i.e JDM Style

1. we are NOT in Sydney - no reson to bring that attitude here anyway.

2. ever heard of repeat business? it is about giving these people a good experience while they are here - we are all 'Car people' afterall.

3. that is the whole problem with this stupid JDM style/ tune BS. The term JDM has been taken out of context, some wanker says in a movie 'dude, that's so JDM' and everyone thinks wow, I want JDM... pretty sad really.

JDM is only ever Japanese Domestic Market - PERIOD. whats next - ADM?

Edited by DAN00H

So you think that the Sydney guys that come down are just going to change their attitude entirely when they reach the ACT border?

and when was "JDM Style" in a movie?

it's the attitude that we show that matters... 'so JDM' comes from F&F (need I say more...)