SAU Community

I Wanna Buy A Japanese Track Weapon..websites?

ok so the story goes.... i driver a 33 as my daily and track car but have recently aquired a new family car for free so my intentions are to sell the skyline and buy a trailer and find something hectic from japan.. just something thats a weapon and can only be used on track.

anyone have any ideas of where to look and what sites to surf??

cheers

no just a standed l2s one but i got off the phone to the that place in canberra today with all the rules and they said that if i can show my current cams licec ne with previous track days ive done and ones planned to come with the intended car to import to be used it should be ok... a little more of a hassle but well worth it when on the track i guess.. advice?

seriously with a $10K budget forget importing. buy a good local car. there should be some great 80s alfas that will give lots of track fun and plenty of series to race them in. or a datto 1600 or something like that.

With your $10K budget you only have about $4K-$5K to spend on the actual car. $1200 FOB costs, $1000 broker fees, $1500 sea freight, $500 clearance and AQIS costs, $300 taxes, $200 towing. Those costs are all pretty conservative. so allow the last $1K for any blowouts.

With the current exchange rate $4500 AUD is not getting you much yen. about 340,000 YEN. that will just about get you a banger that needs about $10K of work to make it track worthy.

Much like aus good track cars cost a shit load to build and whilst they depreciate like all hell they still cost decent money to buy used. considering the smaller budget you are wasting a huge % of your total on stuff that doesn't add value to your purchase (shipping, fees, agent etc). If you buy a car here you can spend the WHOLE budget on the car.

Another option I would seriously consider is a Go Kart. With a $10K budget you can easily get set-up with a great kart, some spares and some new tyres and still have some cash left to go and play in it. Proper race karts are awesome fun and if you really like it you can progress up to Super Karts which in most series they compete in are the fastest things on the track next to formula 3...

ok so the story goes.... i driver a 33 as my daily and track car but have recently aquired a new family car for free so my intentions are to sell the skyline and buy a trailer and find something hectic from japan.. just something thats a weapon and can only be used on track.

anyone have any ideas of where to look and what sites to surf??

cheers

Try here as Domenic Russo has had a few good track GTR R32 & GTR R34 cars as I am believed to understand shown in Ignition DVD Magazine & Autosalon Magazine but don't take my word for it, do a google search on him to see what you come up with as he says that he imports the toughest GTR's & more from Japan, etc.

http://www.autostyle.com.au/default.asp

http://www.autostyle.com.au/cars_engine.asp

wellit all depends on the car... ifi find a nice track built car thats worth importing ill look at increasing the budget.. found some decent cars on tradeview in japan.. decent price too. advice?