SAU Community

R33 Gtst Problem

Hi

I need your help guys.... yesterday my was start to playing up with RPM when i stop at lights, then suddenly car shuts down since then i cant start the car. Most of the time the car is cranking but not starting.I might guess it could be coil pack , air flow or petrol pump. I might need some expert comments please. Thanks in advance

Car : Nissan Skyline R33 RB25DET Series2 Auto 97000KM

the car completely stops when i was @ traffic lights ; is that a symptom of bad fuel pump (when slowing down or complete idling ; its playing up with rpm drops) ; before that it was playing up with rpm when i slowing down (last 15 mins before it completely shuts down) . the cars was ok till that afternoon .....................is it a common problem with r33 gtst ? :) thanks

check the basics, check airflow meter, check the plug (common bug on VL which has similar AFM)

check fuel, check fuel pump, check for any idiot lights, are you trying to start the car in D?

check the basics, check airflow meter, check the plug (common bug on VL which has similar AFM)

check fuel, check fuel pump, check for any idiot lights, are you trying to start the car in D?

thanks for your replies .........yes...AFM is plugged in , no unusual lights , half tank of mobil 8000 :( ; the car is not starting at all ...now the battery is dead so i tried with battery pack still no go... but cranking ok ... i might try fuel pump.....

What is the brand of stock fuel pump and how much are they.......i don't want to go for modifications.....thanks

• 2 weeks later...

self diagnoitcs. it helped with my problem. my car was really hard to start, running like crap, ect. did the diagnostics and it come up with ignition curcuit, i was pretty sure it wasnt coil packs. i changed the igniter and started first time better then ever. my skyline is a r32 so bit different to yours. your igniter is in the coil packs (tell me if im wrong?), so change the coil packs and see what happens.

just a thought.

Edited by BenSm

When my walbro pump acts up, I smack the cover in the boot with a hammer while someone cranks the engine and it magically fires back to life.

If it is your fuel pump playing up, I'd certainly recommend getting a bosch -_-

I also need a new fuel pump, same model skyline, any recommendations on what aftermarket pump to get?

Definitely not paying for the Nissan one!

Ignoring what the previous guys says about his alleged walbro pump issues.. if you are not chasing huge kw go the Walbro pump upgrade.

They are a direct factory fit - no stuffing around & good value for money, just make sure you get the real thing from a reputable dealer.

• 2 weeks later...
Ignoring what the previous guys says about his alleged walbro pump issues.. if you are not chasing huge kw go the Walbro pump upgrade.

They are a direct factory fit - no stuffing around & good value for money, just make sure you get the real thing from a reputable dealer.

Yeah sounds good, direct fit is a plus, and not chasing huge power at the moment, so Walbro it is!

be wary of walbro.. go bosch if you can

have had 2 die on me already and im not chasing big power.

walbros have been replaced under warranty and have one in now and has been going 6 months and starting to get real noisy. never let tank go under 1/4 of a tank so never starved it for fuel either.

-1 for walbro