Skyline Nationals - Mallala Sprint - Sept 12

No.96

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you're the one being harsh. Where did I blame the organisers? I merely asked how lap times could have been messed up so badly as clearly Josh's Starlet at the level it's at is not capable of 1:12's. Had I come in and said....

"Wow, that's crazy, the organisers must have been watching TV instead of the track all day"

You would have had grounds for your comment. If you flare up over the smallest little comment, especially not directed at you, perhaps you should listen to your own advice? I don't take kindly to being told to shut my mouth when nothing offensive has come out of it

That being said, thanks for organising a fantastic day, I had a blast as I'm sure everyone else who attended did! Was great to see such a broad range of Skylines out there on the day

It's so easy to get worked up over the internet, when you can't hear the tone in which a comment is written. I apologise. When you typed, "How did "They" mess that up so badly,", I took it to mean that you meant the organisers, because we were the ones running the timing. We purchase the timing system the week before the event, because for a whole heap of reasons I won't go into here, we couldn't get other timing. So the team had to learn new software, as well as tackling numbers that were not all in the same spot on the cars, so by the time the car number was identified on some cars, others had gone through, and it was too late to then time the that was the one being researched.

This was our best Nats ever, and after travelling back home with cars and trailer today, I am exhausted, no excuse.

If we ever have a track day at Mallala again, we will do a whole lot differently, but thats not meant to take anything away from what a great day it was.

We would hire Adam Ronke's team to get the sign in, scrutineering and categories done. This had to be left up to the CAMS officials, who insisted on running the event, as we did not have any CAMS registered officials. We should have been out on the track at 9.30 or 10 at the latest, if the program had of been run the way we wanted it. We were told on the day, that basically, what we wanted wasn't important.

Not going to go any further into that.

There are so many people who helped, and who were so generous in their time and support, including Tim from the MG Car CLub, and Chris Anderson.

I am really looking forward to my next track day, and I hope everyone in here is too.

malalla is certainly "interesting" scrutineering wise..... only place they "make up regs on the spot"....

Cant wait for wakefield, shame Garry Willmington no longer runs the show but we will drag a few cars over to it, i was unable to go this year. ;)

malalla is certainly "interesting" scrutineering wise..... only place they "make up regs on the spot"....

Cant wait for wakefield, shame Garry Willmington no longer runs the show but we will drag a few cars over to it, i was unable to go this year. ;)

welcome to south australia my man ;\

nanny state extreme

-D

SAU SA cleaned up with trophies, as per my post on previous page. We will get these out to their respective owners over the next few days. Was a shame that only a two, out of the 10 trophies awarded to SAU had their owners at the dinner.

And there is no malice in that comment either guys ;)

eagerly waiting on the timing list and show and shine trophy list!

Just from standing at turn 1, the feel i got was Keir was probably the quickest, followed pretty close by RH9, was Martin driving?

Just from standing at turn 1, the feel i got was Keir was probably the quickest, followed pretty close by RH9, was Martin driving?

No I wasnt driving RH9 on the day. My people had a talk with the Willall people and we were unable to reach a suitable remuneration and contract package for the event so we decided it was in my best interests to sit this event out in lieu of compromising other upcoming offers and negotiations we have on the table :blink:

Seriously, it was Kurt Wilson driving RH9, he is the Willall designated R32 driver and did what we consider to be an excellent job :(

I find that car a bit scary ;)

No I wasnt driving RH9 on the day. My people had a talk with the Willall people and we were unable to reach a suitable remuneration and contract package for the event so we decided it was in my best interests to sit this event out in lieu of compromising other upcoming offers and negotiations we have on the table :blink:

Seriously, it was Kurt Wilson driving RH9, he is the Willall designated R32 driver and did what we consider to be an excellent job :(

I find that car a bit scary ;)

I'm sure Kurt would agree with you after it got away from him coming onto the front straight. He did a great job of steering the angriest sounding car at the track.

Thanks to the Willall team for bringing out the 35 and the 32. Awesome

Munro's R33 was pretty wild as well. Beautiful workmanship on every part of the car.

Great weekend all around.

Were there any trophies or whatever for the circuit day?

(Kind of missed any presentation as we had to load the cars etc.)

On that note Martin, I need to catch up with you guys in the next couple of days.....................also to talk about my car ;)