SAU Community

Help Me Install My New Hicas Controller

Hey guys and gals

i brought this hicas controller for the track, as i dont want to run a lock bar, and i like my hicas.

so i chased down one of these Grid Hicas controller thingo's so i can just turn it off as i roll through the gates at the track, and back on when i want. The kit comes with everything including the instructions...

Now the instructions seam to be translated by someone with not very good english skills and its kinda confusing. so ive taken a pic of the instructions and the rest of the kit, and i gunna ask you guys what you make of it. i have a rough idea in my head of what to do. so all i need is someone to say back the same thing and ill be ready to cut the wires...... :P

but without being 110% sure if im right im not goin down to the garage to start hacking my hicas wires up... haha if you no what i mean.

anyway thanks heaps all

also if anyone has installed one of these plz let me no how it went and how u stalled it.

cheers :ermm:

post-16000-1281226992_thumb.jpg

post-16000-1281227147_thumb.jpg

to me, that says cut the wire going to pin 18 and connect the yellow wire of your kit to the connector block side and the purple wire to the loom (the loose wire end in the bundle).

Also, make sure you certainly fix the silver main part to a frame with a nut :ermm:

interesting idea though - i'd be keen to know how it fares on the track and what it costs :P

i dont mind it aye, but in saying that ive never tryed it without it, hense the reason i brought this kit, so i can just switch between what i like and what i dont.... its just abit of a mess to wire up casue theres not alot of info on it. i cant seem to work out what Pin 18 is....

Doesn't it adjust your line mid courner? I take a fast courner, pick my line.. then the HICAS adjust's my rear wheels and effectivly oversteers me into the curb.. SCARY STUFF!

Um, it shouldn't be hard at all. Find the HICAS units under the parcel shelf. Grab the plug & match up pin 18.

thanks mate,

all installed now, took it for a short drive today between showers, seamed to be alot more direct in the steering. Ill be able to see how much better it is once the roads are dry. Deff awsome just being able to switch it on and off!

Doesn't it adjust your line mid courner? I take a fast courner, pick my line.. then the HICAS adjust's my rear wheels and effectivly oversteers me into the curb.. SCARY STUFF!

Can't say I've noticed this in mine at all.

Deano, keen for more results once you get some dry roads :)

• 1 month later...
thanks mate,

all installed now, took it for a short drive today between showers, seamed to be alot more direct in the steering. Ill be able to see how much better it is once the roads are dry. Deff awsome just being able to switch it on and off!

hi Deano, my controller has been wired up to take the same sort of switch you have. Can you give me the details please. Thanks,Paul