SAU Community

2009 V37 Sedan

I noticed a 2009 370GT sedan for sale on carsales. Just wondering does this mean we can import any of the vehicle range including the attessa 4wd version?

I noticed a 2009 370GT sedan for sale on carsales. Just wondering does this mean we can import any of the vehicle range including the attessa 4wd version?

No, that version isn't on the import approval list, plus there is only one place in all of Australia that can compliance the rear wheel 370GT sedan and they are in WA.

They have put a ridiculously large profit margin onto the one they are selling, I assume to try and recoup the emissions testing cost.

In other words, they are a rip off in my opinion.

I wanted to import one myself aswell but they said they would not comply it for me, so they have us over a barrel at the moment until some other dealer on the east coast pays for the privilege of compliancing those.

yeah seen that as well.

The price is nuts, and i mean in that the value of the car itself is way over cost.

I understand they need to recoup evidence costs, but to try and do it all on one car?

The 3.7 is great, but if you don't have you're heart set on that engine, i would seriously consider the 3.5 sedan. There's a lot of reviews around esp in the US, that actually prefer the 3.5

Performance wise, I'm pretty sure they're actually almost identical. There is a power gain, but also there's extra weight in the 370GT sedans

No, that version isn't on the import approval list, plus there is only one place in all of Australia that can compliance the rear wheel 370GT sedan and they are in WA.

They have put a ridiculously large profit margin onto the one they are selling, I assume to try and recoup the emissions testing cost.

In other words, they are a rip off in my opinion.

I wanted to import one myself aswell but they said they would not comply it for me, so they have us over a barrel at the moment until some other dealer on the east coast pays for the privilege of compliancing those.

OK thanks for the info.

Would you expect other dealers to start compliancing pretty soon, or will it be a monopoly for some time?

yeah seen that as well.

The price is nuts, and i mean in that the value of the car itself is way over cost.

I understand they need to recoup evidence costs, but to try and do it all on one car?

The 3.7 is great, but if you don't have you're heart set on that engine, i would seriously consider the 3.5 sedan. There's a lot of reviews around esp in the US, that actually prefer the 3.5

Performance wise, I'm pretty sure they're actually almost identical. There is a power gain, but also there's extra weight in the 370GT sedans

The V37 just looks that bit more refined.

In what way?

I've only looked at them briefely and am hoping to start looking for a V36 Sedan very soon.

To me they look quite similar, and the major difference is the engine/g'box combo. Of course being the second gen, I'm pretty sure if tehre small bugs in the 350GT's they should have been ironed out in the 370GT sedans, but then there would prob be new bugs with the 3.7 :)

In what way?

I've only looked at them briefely and am hoping to start looking for a V36 Sedan very soon.

To me they look quite similar, and the major difference is the engine/g'box combo. Of course being the second gen, I'm pretty sure if tehre small bugs in the 350GT's they should have been ironed out in the 370GT sedans, but then there would prob be new bugs with the 3.7 :)

I'm going by pictures- The interior finish looks better, especially around the doors. There must be something different externally as it appears to me to look more appealing. It also has variable seat warming:)

ahh cool. I'm trying to chase down side by side pics from the US guys, will post them up if find em :)

there are also 2008 coupes that are more expensive than the 2009 sedan on carsales. Is this just another exampke of trying to make a big profit or are those vehicles better equiped than the cheaper ones?

The coupes generally are more expensive than the sedans as they're more sought after. Haven't really compared 08 coupes with 09/10 sedans so not sure if there's anything extra.

I think in WA prices are a little higher as well due to there not being as many suppliers/compliance shops.