SAU Community

Rev Up Or Not Rev Up

Hi everyone apologies if this has been asked but ive searched and had a bit of conflicting info!!

Ive got a 2005 Manual Coupe and im wondering how i find out if its a rev up or not.

Some infomation ive found is you can tell by the redline. 6500 - Non Rev Up 7000 - Rev Up. Well my redline is 6800 :P

Also on my dash ive got Rev illuminated,which some sites have said this is only on rev up motors,but some say its just for a shift change light.

Im looking at buying a supercharger from the states and would appreciate someone with a bit more knowledge than me to confirm and if ill have any problems with the kit.

Thanks in advance

Spenny

Thanks guys!!

Just one last question then. The guy selling the supercharger says his is for a non revup. Is there any difference in ours to the states in terms of fitting a supercharger???

Thanks again

I believe that the answer you are looking for is in the engine designation prefix, i.e. VQ35DE - non rev-up and VQ35HR being the rev-up version, HR standing for high rev.

p.s. This is only a theory of mine, so if I'm wrong can someone please correct me. :woot:

Hi Thanks for the quick replies.

Im looking at a procharger kit!! Any feedback is appreciated as im still unsure what way to go.

Thanks

Spenny

It should fit, but with Procharger just be aware that it's going to be really loud and whiney. If you're OK with that then it's also reputed to have very good power potential. The other thing to make sure of is that you have proper control of timing and fuel. In order to get a safe and reliable set-up you will also need injectors (480cc minimum) and a fuel pump.

Some kits come with split-timing boxes and do the extra fuelling with an extra injector in the intake tract. Not ideal but it can work...sometimes. Anyway good luck with your install, supercharged VQs are heaps of fun...

Also on my dash ive got Rev illuminated,which some sites have said this is only on rev up motors,but some say its just for a shift change light.

It has taken me a year and a half and I only just discovered the shift light on the weekend. It has always been set at 8000 and therefore has never lit up, so after filling with fuel and resetting my trip, I tried to work out what the 8,000 things was. Messed around and managed to change it to 2000 thinking it was some sort of service interval setting and drove off only to find the light start flashing at 1500 and solid at 2000.

It was pretty exciting there for a few minutes, now I've set it back to 6000 and probably wont see it again for 6 months :blink:

Yeah i found it too,i think i lasted 5 gear changes and i was changing it back to 6000 also. Wish i could get rid of the rev illuminated.

It has taken me a year and a half and I only just discovered the shift light on the weekend. It has always been set at 8000 and therefore has never lit up, so after filling with fuel and resetting my trip, I tried to work out what the 8,000 things was. Messed around and managed to change it to 2000 thinking it was some sort of service interval setting and drove off only to find the light start flashing at 1500 and solid at 2000.

It was pretty exciting there for a few minutes, now I've set it back to 6000 and probably wont see it again for 6 months :action-smiley-069: