SAU Community

What Coilovers For My R34

Hey everyone i was wondering if people could give me advice on different coilovers for my R34 and which would suit me best.

im looking at things like

Tein Super Streets or Super Drifts

BC coilovers.

Greddy Type S.

Hks coilovers Etc

Please Advise!

Cheers

Daniel

I got BC Racing BR coilovers in my r34 and I'm happy with them, good price and nice median between comfort and handling (not too harsh but not bouncy either)

cheers,

Steve

Edited by itsme

HSD HR Coilovers... =) Tops if you dont mind a bit of a bumpy ride...

same here but i got the hs springs put in them for a lil softer and im glad i did coz the ride is harsh as in my r34 lol.

(at least it was when i was livin in the westside with the shitty roads out there lol)

I got BC Racing BR coilovers in my r34 and I'm happy with them, good price and nice median between comfort and handling (not too harsh but not bouncy either)

cheers,

Steve

I have just put a set of the same BC's in my WRX and the ride is brilliant, you could be forgiven for thinking the suspension was standard! Vastly improved handling without loosing ride comfort as the car is a daily for me.

So far, I am extremely impressed.

Cheers julz will look into the greddy's as with the bc coilovers everyone says they are good but I have read that u pay for what u get and the are quite cheap and all the good reports I have read are by people who have owned them for less than 9 months which brings up concerns about the longertivity of bc coilovers that's all

I have had my BC's for almost a year now without a single hint of leaking or knocking..

Great coilover at a great price.. good ride comfort over bumps and stiff enough to not roll through corners.

I heard the greddy's are made by BC anyways

um thats not true the rumor is bc are made by Greddy and they come out of the same factory though so far its only just rumors nothing official

just a note when you order them, your R34 GT takes R33 GTST style suspension, so dont make the mistake of ordering a set for R34 GTT.

if you are in no rush and after a cheap set of adjustible coilovers, i will be selling my mixed set soon.

Zeal function fronts 8kg

tein drift HR rears 6kg

From what I've heard, BC seem to be great for the price. Will be looking at getting some for my '34 in the future.

see but thats the thing bc's are cheap but people say you get what you pay for so i dunno i want something thats gonna last a long time