SAU Community

What Coilovers For My R34

What is your actual price range? Some of those coilovers would start from around 12-1500 and some would be going for 2k+

Dont mind spending around 2.5k but i think anything over is gonna be overkill

+1 for BC's

Not one person that has bagged BC's on this forum appears to be speaking from any real world experience.

Listen to the people who are all very happy driving and racing on BC coil overs (including me)... or just go and spend huge sums of money on some "big name brand" ones that will do exactly the same job.

There are certainly better coil overs out there but BC's are hard to beat in the sub $2000 price range.

Good luck

I put the greddys in over the weekend.

To be honest I'm not amazed with them. they made a huge difference over my old shagged JIC's but nothing amazing.

Maybe because I purchased them second hand they are a bit tired?? had only done roughly 10,000kms apparently but one of the rears seems to have a knock occasionally.

I have noticed that turn in is a lot sharper now and car seems to want to over steer more. car is also flatter around bends and slightly more even. It still gets a bit uneven at the rear around corners so I'm hoping sway bars will fix that issue.

There is a huge amount of adjustability also 32 clicks I think. So I'm still playing with that also

Car is booked at fulcrum on Thursday to have height adjusted, front/rear sway bars, castor bushes, subframe lock and alignment all done

So i'd say go with the BC's and buy new unless you can get the greddy's cheap new (having said that I've never ridden in a car with BC's)

Will let you know how it feels after fulcrum check it out, maybe some bushes are worn out and things will improve.

Edited by stenve

• 4 weeks later...
just a note when you order them, your R34 GT takes R33 GTST style suspension, so dont make the mistake of ordering a set for R34 GTT.

if you are in no rush and after a cheap set of adjustible coilovers, i will be selling my mixed set soon.

Zeal function fronts 8kg

tein drift HR rears 6kg

Just wondering are the stock ride heights the same for the R33gtst and the R34 non-turbo?

• Nope 1

• 1 month later...

just put a set of greddy type s in during the weekend. got them for 1800 brand new. the car feels alot sharper than before, got them on hardest setting all around and they are very stiff but not harsh. very nice and enjoyable, seems to soak up everybit of bump very nicely and at the same time stiff enough to make the drver and espcially the rear passengers bounce up and down heaps. i put them in as it is out of the box without any heigh adjustmentl and they are really low, especially the rear, makes it look like a commodore dump on its ass if you know what i mean. hope that helps.

Im using the Tein Super Street coilovers and they work a treat... Great on the street as well as the track!! Definitely recommend them, but they are a bit more than the BC coilovers and few more!!