SAU Community

A/c Issue

Hey Guys,

Couple days ago I used de-mist on the climate control to clear the windscreen and ever since, moisture/steam has been rising from the air vents along the base of the windscreen, fogging it up and causing water to drip from the glass, I cant see shit. Has been happening for a few days now, smells nasty and making it pretty difficult to drive.

I assume its related to the A/C -Condensor or whatever, just wondering if there is anything I can do to make it stop without having to take it in to the shop.

Any help appreciated, cheers.

Tristan

Have you checked the coolant?

Could be the heater has a pressure leak... but I would imagine you would notice a few other things at the same time.

Can you feel if there is any air flow from the vent? If so, is it hot or cold?

Have you checked the coolant?

Could be the heater has a pressure leak... but I would imagine you would notice a few other things at the same time.

Can you feel if there is any air flow from the vent? If so, is it hot or cold?

The radiator coolant?

Yes the air flow is hot, probably why the window *fogs i suppose

Edited by Tristan21

Like eiji said it sounds like a small leak from the heater core, maybe check the coolant level, get it pressure tested and see if theres any coolant leaking from the heater box, if there is then its heater box out, big job on most cars not sure about yours though.

Best thing to do is get a pro to take a look at it. Get an accurate diagnosis :D

Thanks Guys,

Seems I can bypass the heater core fairly easily by connecting the inlet/outlet pipes together. Might try that rather than spending hundreds replacing it. I found a tutorial on replacing the core without having to remove the dash, will try when I have the time.

Cheers

In case anyone is interested, I have bypassed the heater core and the problem seems to have stopped. However, as the heater core was rusted out, the coolant/rust is now throughout the cooling system, I will need to flush the system.

So for future reference, if you notice a problem with the heater core, dont leave it.