SAU Community

Headlight Not Working

My nearside dipped beam doesn,t work but the main beam does, I,ve put in new globes without success and there is no power to the dip beam terminal. I,ve checked all the fuses near the pedal box and all seem ok also the ones near the battery which are fine so 3 questions

Do the dip and main lights have seperate fuses for each one

Is there a fusebox i,ve missed

Does anybody know which fuses are for the h/lights

I,m guessing a wire has become disconnected where they were joined at compliance but can,t get hold of Chris Rogers who did the electrics for ADR

do you have the factory HIDs in there or the butchered halogen 'conversion'?

if its the halogen conversion, open the back of the light unit up and check the ground wire. it probably attaches to the surround that the lamp fits into. make sure the adaptor plate it makeing good contact.

there is a 3rd fuse box BEHIND the battery, youll need to remove the cover around the batter to get to it. down there are the fises for the headlights.

hope that helps mate!

ahh also, if you do have HIDs still, one of the burners may have burnt out. does it flash for a second when you turn on the lights? thats a good indication the burner has failed

do you have the factory HIDs in there or the butchered halogen 'conversion'?

if its the halogen conversion, open the back of the light unit up and check the ground wire. it probably attaches to the surround that the lamp fits into. make sure the adaptor plate it makeing good contact.

there is a 3rd fuse box BEHIND the battery, youll need to remove the cover around the batter to get to it. down there are the fises for the headlights.

hope that helps mate!

Thanks Ian for info, think earth is ok as main beam works so will look at that 3rd fuse box. Chris Rogers did the lights so thinking it,ll be a good job

dipped beam? ok apologies i thought you meant the low-beam lights. Youre talking about the fog lights, correct?

ok, if it IS the fog lights youre talking about, during compliance the plug is removed from behind the stalk. if you look on the front-facing side of the stalk, there is a small pull-out section. remove it and there will be aplug that has been disconnected (mine was NOT cut - luckily). All you need to do is plug it back in, be VERY careful as i bent a pin and had to remove the indicator/headlight stalk (not all that difficult) and straighten it all out to get it working again.