SAU Community

What Has Your Car/components Done To Frustrate You?

blk94r33

Thought this might be a good idea for a thread, excuse the long post...

Came out of a drive through, went to wind up the window (electric), NuNzA, checked the lock-off was off, yep, crap, down to the shop (for obvious reasons didn't want to leave it open).

Pulled the trim off, checked power supply, switch, auto-uppy-downy-controlly-thingy, wiring, all good and getting power up to the window motor, thought it had to be an earth (the window had given me no trouble before-hand), loosened and tightened all the mounting bolts (no seperate earth wire), still nothing, motor brushes? Gave the door a tap with the rubber hammer while using the switch, still nothing. Ok, has to be a dead motor, and I have to get it out to wind the window up. Pull the assembly out, scratch the f*** out of the tint in the process (getting pissed now), put the motor on the bench and hook it up to a battery, still nothing, take it apart, motors a bit burnt, but brushes etc. are ok, blast the lot with contact cleaner and air, re-assemble, re-test, still dead, do the same again to check i'd re-assembled it right, all good but still dead, "f*** this i'll buy a new one", wind the thing up with the motor apart and put it back in the door, more tint scratching "arghhhh", once it was all reassembled, hit the switch one last time, works fine/even better than before and has for the 24 hours since. Smart-ass car..... :yes:

Anyone else? :)