SAU Community

The Official Deca Wrap Up Thread

Birds

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a ball being my first time at DECA.

Many thanks goes to the orgnisers and volunteers to make the day goes smoothly.

And special thanks goes to Bec for getting SAU hoodies for me, they makes me really warm!

No pictures from me as I was busy understeering a 302rwkw GTR - was fun, and I learned heaps about taming the 'beast'

Will defintely enter another DECA (next one is in November?).

Cheers

Grant

Thanks to all for organising, was a great day. Froze and lost feeling in my legs at one stage while out on the back track, but it was a great spot to be, only had to move a few cones back a couple of times, and I think I managed to get pics of most of the cars on either indian file or 80% of the back track, they are just uploading now. It was great that the rain held off too!

Pity about the turn out for tea, would have been nice to have let Bec know if you were only coming for drinks & were going to be late, but we had fun anyway. Gotta love those fish bowls!

See you all next time :) Can count me in for volunteering again.

Cheers,

Anna

P.S Ill post the link to my images when they are finished uploading. I have around 150 shots and they are taking forever and it keeps crashing.

for my 3rd deca i loved it. it was very slippery, 245kw 180sx on 15inch rims is fun, did not stay straight.

thanks again too all the organisers it was a well organised deca once again...

pics pics pics

Well once again had a great day giving the stagea a run around the wangs and the skid pan.No off on the 80% this time.My driving is getting better but my sense of direction is getting worse with 3 WD on the pan so there is no chance of seeing any stats where the hearse sits on the scores.

Hamish bad luck about the seat it did not like 6.4 100kgs bad way to go out..Grant waiting for the next one all ready (November)ha ha

Thanks to all the people that help out on the day micolour for the sponsorship bec ryan timers,starters,flaggies and cone removalists and the food van man.

Pretty good weekend!

Just got home with a MASSIVE THANKS TO SHANE for bringing me home on his way through, awesome.

Also HUGE THANKS TO LEON for lending me his car and trailer to take my broken GTR to a mates place in shep, fantastic.

THANKYOU RUSSELL for letting me drive your BEAST for the day, was awesome fun and a great car to drive...a nice change!

Thanks to all organisers for standing out in the freezing wind, making the day happen.

Was good to catch up and have some fun with everyone.

Awesome day, as always. I think I probably broke some PB on the wangs, but will probably get my worst overall score due to multiple WDs, and cones, but I had a blast doing it and learning the new LSD. Thanks again to all the organisers, volunteers and micolour. Sorry to the poor hat removalist girl who I sent running twice as I came spinning wildly into the gate.

Now I think I'll take a nap, Brad and I got up at 4am, stayed out till 4am and then drove back on a few hours sleep.

I had a great time at DECA as always

thanks to the organisers, volunteers and micolour for making the day happen

The skidpan turned out to be an interesting event with the wet patches

bring on November :)

Awesome day, as always. I think I probably broke some PB on the wangs, but will probably get my worst overall score due to multiple WDs, and cones, but I had a blast doing it and learning the new LSD. Thanks again to all the organisers, volunteers and micolour. Sorry to the poor hat removalist girl who I sent running twice as I came spinning wildly into the gate.

Now I think I'll take a nap, Brad and I got up at 4am, stayed out till 4am and then drove back on a few hours sleep.

at least you gave her a warning beep we all had a good laugh at that..that puddle of water upset a few cars coming into the gate

hehehehehe

I also want to say a HUGE thanks to those of you who helped out on Saturday. Without you volunteering your time, the event would not have gone ahead. We really appreciate all the support.

Thanks for an awesome weekend guys... was great to come down and meet a few of you

Was a cold morning at whatever wang I was at :D but happy to help.... and the arvo was good watching the skid pan and going for a few runs

I have some pics on my FB if anyone wants a look: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1959...mp;id=652446637

Awesome fun yet again, shame about Taco Baz's place though

See you guys at the first one next year, I'll bring the skyline

Anyone have pics of the black supra?

Great time as per usual, big thanks to Ryan, Bec and all the SAU Vic team and volunteers for making it possible :D

+1 on the Taco Baz comment, it seems quite a few people weren't stoked with the service. Must be time to try a new venue I'd say.

Here's a couple of the pics Kate snapped, we didn't get a heap as it was hard to get her out of the car and into the cold :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53087381@N08/...57624728331086/

Edited by ActionDan

Bec, Ryan, MiColour Mick, Volunteers and whoever had anything to do with running/setup Thank you HEAPS! :D

Great to see some of the "old" crew back out and about!

Mr Femino... hard luck bud. Really hope that you get your SEXY car back going asap!

Campbell/Tim = :) oh wait a min... oh thats right, you no drinky drink :ermm: nah!! good job boys!! no way i could do that!! great to see you guys again and great to race against you Tim.... you win this one... :)

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE! bring on the warmer weather!! and bring on having no water on the pan!

Had a fun day as always, thanks to all organizers/volunteers/sponsors. That Targa Evo was just...unfair...lol...lovely couple :)

Nice to match faces to names, hi Shell :D

I have some interesting GoPro footage but it's massive in file size, anyone know good software to cut and compress video with?