SAU Community

Fully Restored Completely Brand New 2010 Supra Build

PM-R33

Hopefully this isn't a repost, I had a quick search and couldn't find it. My mate showed me this yesterday on his Supraforums and I spent a couple of hours reading through the entire thread. I am absolutely blown away! This has to be one of the best import builds I have ever seen. Definetely recommend every one have a read/flick through this. Whether you like Supra's is irrelevent, I'm sure you can still appreciate the amount of work that has gone into this. I keep checking the thread hoping it has been updated because I need to see more of this amazing build!

http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/showth...m-the-Ground-Up.

To quickly sum it up:

A bloke in Aus gets Sound Performance in the US to build a brand new Supra with the best of everthing on it.

- All brand new parts. And I mean every single OEM part brand new to build a 2010 Mk IV Supra

- Built HKS 3.4L 2J with a custom sequential twin GT3071 setup

- Metal wide body Top Secret kit

- Detailed undercarriage

- Every aftermarket part you can think of

- No expense spared!

Seriously worth a look into this, the amount of detail is absolutely amazing and is no doubt the best Supra in Australia. I can't even imagine the amount this car has cost ($150,000, $200,000, $250,000? I just don't know).

I suggest watching the video after reading through the thread as not to ruin anything :action-smiley-069:

Edited by PM-R33

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is supposibly a personel trainer. Go figure.

It is a long read but well worth it, every page gets better and better. There is a few little twists along the way that make you go "No f**king way!" It's like reading a good novel. I so can't wait for the next thread update!

It really is insane. I can't imagine the cost of all the OEM parts, let alone all the work done in the US. Can you imagine walking into Nissan and ordering in every single OEM part for a Skyline, it would probably be $50,000+ just in little bits and pieces, considering i've priced up some small parts and they want $100's for the tiniest things.

Edited by PM-R33

He is supposibly a personel trainer. Go figure.

It is a long read but well worth it, every page gets better and better. There is a few little twists along the way that make you go "No f**king way!" It's like reading a good novel. I so can't wait for the next thread update!

It really is insane. I can't imagine the cost of all the OEM parts, let alone all the work done in the US. Can you imagine walking into Nissan and ordering in every single OEM part for a Skyline, it would probably be $50,000+ just in little bits and pieces, considering i've priced up some small parts and they want $100's for the tiniest things.

I just hope he drives it.Wouldn't be suprised if it sits and gets taken out once a month.

meh, i thought toyota was gonna bring out a new supra to the masses, not that stupid lf-a which most of us cant afford.

I think even if theres a 2010 Supra, it wouldnt be cheap either. Like the R35 GTR, pretty out of reach for majority of the people. How much were the Supras when they first release? I wouldnt imagine them to be very much cheaper than the same generation GTRs.

I love the fact that the original car wasnt exactly straight so he went and bought another one!!! How the hell is this car going to be able to come back to the country coz it will now have different vin numbers?

I think every on here can agree that this is the most amazing build ever. Makes me want to go out and be a personal trainer!!!

I cant wait till the end.

wow very impressive... best restoration of an import I've ever seen... he takes 'anal' to new heights! looks like its going to be mainly a show car tho, how nervous would you be driving it, hell you might end up driving through a puddle! oooh the humanity...

interesting choice on the auto too... me thinks someone doesn't know how to drive stick

imagine trying to insure it... 'yeah I want to insure my Supra'... 'market or agreed value?'... 'agreed please... for 150k'... 'uuum no, good bye thanks for calling'

I think even if theres a 2010 Supra, it wouldnt be cheap either. Like the R35 GTR, pretty out of reach for majority of the people. How much were the Supras when they first release? I wouldnt imagine them to be very much cheaper than the same generation GTRs.

yea i've heard the supras were over 100k new, similar market as the 300zx etc were bloody expensive in their day. i was under the impression the FT-86 concept is toyota's next sportscar "for the people". the LF-A is for the elite that can afford ultra insane performance, and the ft-86 is the "affordable" sports car.

after all of that its going to be an auto.... why...??

Imagine just asking Mr Nissan for a quote for all the interior pieces for your skyline.

I dare someone to get a quote... I dont have the time... but it would be a funny out-of-this-world quote....

its page after page of parts in plastic bags with toyota parts stickers... omg...

I know a few personal trainers and they aint that well off, like thats scary carefree spending...

Yeah it's very scary the budget involved in that car. It really does take the "no expense spared" term to a whole new meaning.

Edited by PM-R33

I knew a guy with an automatic NSX one time, and I asked him why, he said he had a knee replacement surgery and couldn't shift comfortably anymore. Maybe this guy has a similar situation, or maybe he just wants to embarrass people even further after beating them down the drag strip.

I was thinking he was american, that would explain the high horsepower RWD with an auto and also why the build is in USA...

Surely an Aussie would get the build done here...

although a supra with 1500hp, on the drag strip with full interior and a stereo blasting and ripping 10s would be killa, but who reckons this car will never see the road... the guy is so anal I think he would be devastated if it got some dust on it let alone dirty from driving it, hell the inside of the bellhousing on the trans looked polished...

An amazing build though, castle hill toyota must be very surprised, they supplied most of the OEM parts....

That is just absolutely insane. Went through the whole thing and it was definitely worth it.

I have to say, when I started reading his intentions of the build I just KNEW he would send it to the US.