SAU Community

Fully Restored Completely Brand New 2010 Supra Build

PM-R33

f**k. that is just insane. absolute one of a kind. he states at the start of the build that he had no interest in cars at all, and they were just a mode of transport to get from A to B. makes you wonder why someone would go to such extreme lengths, when clearly stated that they aren't an enthusiast at all. more money than sense? i think yes. im very glad he has done it tho, just the fact that someone has put such an obscene amount of money into a 90's jap import, and that a workshop has been professional enough to make it happen, just shows how far the import scene has come.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my understanding the car is in Austtralia at the moment so all up it took 2 years.

I'm really glad you guys enjoyed reading the build thread as much as I did. I was hesetent posting it up because I thought a lot of people would be like "Meh, Supra" (Like one person did :P).

At the end of the day we all love our cars and can appreciate something of this magnitude. I really can't think of another import build thread that even comes close to that one. It really is unique in so many ways and good on the guy for doing it. If he is in a financial situation that allows him to do such things than why not.

you all just need to see how it all unfolds...you wont see another import in australia thats genuinely street driven and modified even close to the level of this car.

just remember everything down to remade standard wiring looms direct from japan to the tiniest of washers have been replaced with 100% toyota parts. any parts not toyota are only the highest of quality and even some of the most exclusive parts avaliable on the market are on this car!

does it get driven....??

imagine the cost in those rear tyres, 365 wide semis....omg...

awesome car... I bet now he is right into cars... well at least that one...

Whether it gets driven once a day or once a month doesn't change the fact of how bloody detailed and awesome that build is. At the end of the day it is his car and he can do what he wants to it. Personally I'd put it into a vacuum sealed bubble and get people to pay me to look at it :P

I'm guessing a couple of you Supra boys are from the Supraforums, tell him to bloody update the thread! I need more!

EDIT: Hahaha I see this thread has made it onto the Supraforums :P

Edited by PM-R33

Maximum respect for the commitment, and for going through with it. There are plenty of people talk about a build like this, but never do it, personally i prefer Godzilla32s ( http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Re...on-t140022.html ) because it is work not just a check book, by some one who is clearly an enthusiast. Not taking anything away from the Supra effort though, because I could never do it, I enjoy driving my car too much!

Anyone else keep reading that and think "The money! The money!!"

It's an awesome build, but I couldn't justify that kind of money. Sure, going all out on a well build reliable engine, and even a quality kit with a perfect respray is fine. But all the OEM parts, the nit picky changes which = $$$ and no one would notice or care about even if they did.

Have to say though, I love the fact he aimed at pure response and power, and didn't become another dyno queen.

Wow, what an amazing build!

Maximum respect for the commitment, and for going through with it. There are plenty of people talk about a build like this, but never do it, personally i prefer Godzilla32s ( http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Re...on-t140022.html ) because it is work not just a check book, by some one who is clearly an enthusiast. Not taking anything away from the Supra effort though, because I could never do it, I enjoy driving my car too much!
Was talking about this build on another forum....nothing exciting about a cheque book build, might as well go buy a gt2

LOL, gotta love jealous or ignorant posts like these.

So everyone building a car has to be a wrench monkey and should do absolutely everything themselves? They should be experts at:

* Electronics

* Tuning

* Wiring

* Fabrication

* Alignment

* Bodywork

* Paint

* General auto parts installation and maintenance

? Ever thought maybe some people want people who are more skilled than they are working on their car?

moreso having a dig at the fact that the guy didn't even seem to know or want to know much about the car other than for example "make it run 10's" or "I want it to be the ultimate supra".

it's hella lame to give your car to a shop and just say something like that rather than to at least research what you want out of it, parts to use etc.

btw cbf reading original thread on this car

wow, some amazing parts/work but the style doesn't impress me.

and to go with an auto? after all that work, not even a sequential shifter.

OP, there are LOTS of amazing build threads out there. you just have to search for them.

Edited by Peter89

Some seriously epic stuff going on there.

Having semi-restored my own car and having to track down brand new parts from Nissan from the 1980's... it's certainly a challenge and can be quite hard.

At least he had a newer model so getting some stuff wouldn't have been too bad :D

Some stuff doesn't fit the theme of brand new OEM, but then everyone has their own vision on it all so props there. Lots of money been poured into that.

The time it must take to clean it, clearly some level of obession going on :P

I guess the only pity is Australia though, one defect will end all that fun in a heartbeat, one crosses ones fingers that never happens.

might not even get registered, depends if the silver car was already registered here and is still currently registered. even ignoring that, NSW has yearly rwc, so its doubtful it ll last long on the road.

moreso having a dig at the fact that the guy didn't even seem to know or want to know much about the car other than for example "make it run 10's" or "I want it to be the ultimate supra".

it's hella lame to give your car to a shop and just say something like that rather than to at least research what you want out of it, parts to use etc.

btw cbf reading original thread on this car

Clearly you have not read the thread, otherwise you would see that he DID research everything he wanted and all of the parts to use.