SAU Community

Bnr32 Track Build

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also install my nismo brake master stopper yesterday and dam it makes a huge different to my pedal makes me think my brake masters might need replacing. pedal is very firm now and as soon as i touch the pedal the brakes work unlike before were there was no initial bite

few updates bought some more parts....

ARC Radiator (had no plans to upgrade but this was so ridiculously cheap couldn't past it up)

Std GTR lip

Blitz EBC SBC-3

Nismo rear bushes for shock mounts

ohh and my hks front pipe arrived today 2x70mm -> 80mm; fits the tomei dumps very nicely

jg3dci2000img600x402128.jpg

impacy2thimg600x4361284.jpg

grabnr32img600x33712818.jpg

The factory tank does a very good job, is mounted well for weight distribution, and has enough capacity for quite a few laps, even on E85....... Hi Octane 32 GTR still runs the factory tank.

Hi Ben,

Do you know what spring rates the R32 runs ?? There's been some discussion on here re spring rates, I'm pretty sure Mark used to run fairly stiff rear springs to stop the front wheels from lifting ?? Probably diff. setup now with Russ driving though.... :-)

cheers,

JB

Well, it had 450/350 (Yes, softer than I run in my Targa 32 GTS!) in it until last weekend when we doubled the rates and had Murray stiffen the shocks to match...... it was terrible around Lakeside, but it also lacked any form of undertray and was porpoising in the front. First time the car's ever understeered. (Same Whiteline bars on soft set, messed about during the day but made no real advances)

With the old springs in it, as you may know it would actually lift the inside front exiting corners, but was a dream handler..... very forgiving and lots of traction. Still seems to be the preffered setup, but time and some sorting may change that.

Edited by Marlin

Would just like to confirm some details regarding tyres and rims.

The best size for track rims would be 17x9.5 +15 ish? correct

and for semi-slick best size selection im like 255/40/17? (do i have to run same size front and back?)

A 255/40/17 will foul the rear guards in an RE55 tyre on a +22 offset. Mine did anyway. So it will get ugly in a +15.

The front is a bit different. With the amount of neg camber you need to run you will probably get away with a wider offset than a +22.

Bridgestone recommend a 9" rim for a 255 bag tyre - you don't have to use drift tyre/rim sizing combinations....

Check also that a 17" rim will clear your brake rotor/calliper. 17" usually means 3345 rotor at maximum unless you are carefull with calliper & rim selection.

Well, it had 450/350 (Yes, softer than I run in my Targa 32 GTS!) in it until last weekend when we doubled the rates and had Murray stiffen the shocks to match...... it was terrible around Lakeside, but it also lacked any form of undertray and was porpoising in the front. First time the car's ever understeered. (Same Whiteline bars on soft set, messed about during the day but made no real advances)

With the old springs in it, as you may know it would actually lift the inside front exiting corners, but was a dream handler..... very forgiving and lots of traction. Still seems to be the preffered setup, but time and some sorting may change that.

Wow, doubling is a big call! it also blows out the difference in front/rear by another 100lbs hence the understeer I'd reckon..

450/350 is softer than I recalled - thanks Benny.

The factory tank does a very good job, is mounted well for weight distribution, and has enough capacity for quite a few laps, even on E85....... Hi Octane 32 GTR still runs the factory tank.

Slightly off topic, but, Marlin... do you know if either of the HiOctaneRacing GTR's use Tomei intake and exhaust valves (+1.0mm) as well as most of Tomei catalogue?

Thanks