SAU Community

Bnr32 Track Build

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 255/40/17 will foul the rear guards in an RE55 tyre on a +22 offset. Mine did anyway. So it will get ugly in a +15.

The front is a bit different. With the amount of neg camber you need to run you will probably get away with a wider offset than a +22.

Bridgestone recommend a 9" rim for a 255 bag tyre - you don't have to use drift tyre/rim sizing combinations....

Check also that a 17" rim will clear your brake rotor/calliper. 17" usually means 3345 rotor at maximum unless you are carefull with calliper & rim selection.

17inch rims not an issue for my ap setup as only runs a 333 disc.

thanks for the info on offset etc, if lower offset is not needed they i stay with the +20ish area and 9inch

The factory tank does a very good job, is mounted well for weight distribution, and has enough capacity for quite a few laps, even on E85....... Hi Octane 32 GTR still runs the factory tank.

Yes but that is not an option for me.

I am overhauling/converting the ex-Willall Racing 8 sec drag R32 into a circuit car and it's factory fuel tank was long gone 8-9 years ago :)

I am sure the 15L tank wont last too long feeding the 6x 1600cc injectors on the circuit.

Seriously how big do I need to get for 6 laps around Eastern Creek?

need some info regarding my rear brake setup

Just after some information to see if it is worth upgrading the rear brake setup on a r32 gtr (non-brembo).

Currently have AP Racing CP5200 Fronts (4pot, 333 disc), App braided brake lines Front and Back, Std Master and nismo brake master stopper.

Have found a Brembo 4pot kit for the rear, runs a 330 disc (same disc as the v36). the Caliper is a brembo monobloc 4 piston uses the pads from a F40 Brembo (so i am assuming its similar to f40 or an f40 caliper), comes with std brembo pads, brackets and bolts

The Car is a track car. Will this upgrade upset the balance of the braking with such a large caliper on the rear (pretty much the same size as my front calipers).

im assuming that i will be able to run the std gtr master cylinder and it should handle it ok?

Cheers

Post that in the brake section as i think i will get more replys

Here are some photos of the caliper, and disc (compare to std ones), what i am worry about is they look like they are normally used on the front of a car

edit: some more information about the caliper

piston diameters are:26 and 28

2a12e.jpg

c39b.jpg

802ft.jpg

2bc0b.jpg

1346d.jpg

a23f.jpg

Edited by Kaido_RR

First question you have to ask yourself is what do you hope to achieve by upgrading the rears.

The only reason you would normally do this is if you are cooking your front and or rear brakes and you have gone for a front upgrade that uses larger piston area with a larger rotor up front giving you way more front bias. But you do this to try and get the thermal capacity up front not to cook brakes. So then you go and throw a bigger rotor up the rear with a caliper with suitable piston sizing

Also, this is the old setup off your R33? Did it work well on that? Because i suspect your AP front kit will work best with std rear sumitomo brakes. Do yourself a favour and stick with the std rear brakes. If your rotors are shagged then maybe replace them and throw some new pads in there....otherwise just leave them std

A) Will save you a packed of money. B) The car will 95% likely stop better with std brakes.

The AP brake setup you have runs smaller front pistons then the GTR 4 pot Brembos, meaning that effectively what AP do is increase braking torque by running a larger rotor, 330mm vs 296mm but in order not to make the car overly front biased they reduce the piston size. So with smaller pistons in your 4 pot caliper then even an R33 GTR Brembo caliper, it is my guess you are running less front brake bias then if you had R33 GTR calipers with 324mm rotor. Uou are basically not increasing front torqe by a significant amount, just increasing thermal capacity

Now those 4 pots have the same piston area as the std R32 GTR Sumitomo caliper. So with the same pistons sizes, you are not doing anything with regards to increasing brake torque with the caliper, but you are with the far larger rotor. SO you will probably end up with a tail happy car under brakes. And you are riskign this and spending uber cash for what purpose?

Unless you are boiling the fluid in the rear brakes, pads are getting too hot and going off etc etc then there is no need to upgrade the rears, The AP 4 pot front kit is best used with std rears in my opinion

Edited by Roy

I am overhauling/converting the ex-Willall Racing 8 sec drag R32 into a circuit car and it's factory fuel tank was long gone 8-9 years ago ;)

I am sure the 15L tank wont last too long feeding the 6x 1600cc injectors on the circuit.

Too many variables for me to be able to answer with any certainty mate, but IMO, you'll need at least 40 litres, especially if you'll run on E85.

Factory tanks aren't hard to find, aren't heavy, are easy to fill etc, but DO limit how epic the rear undertray can be..... IF you're going to run one.

Yes I was thinking of a 40l tank as well but have not been able to find one with a baffle that is suitable for e85.

Thanks Marlin

Yeah. Mark's 34 has a 40l cell but still requires a surge tank. its a bit of a pain to fill, mainly due to all the wing support scaffold in the way, and it doesn't last long enough, especially when you just wanna do say a dozen 80% testing laps.

An 80l custom cell was built for Bathurst last year to allow a warm up, a couple/few flyers, and a cool down.... I'm still astounded how much juice these things use.... thankfully its on E85 now and not that big dollar Elf! lol

I am overhauling/converting the ex-Willall Racing 8 sec drag R32 into a circuit car and it's factory fuel tank was long gone 8-9 years ago :D

Hey Dan!

Sounds awesome, seperate thread with pics please mate !!!

:D

Ooo u brought that arc rad. Was watching that but I picked up a ARC 55mm side flow one for myself. The one I got retails for $2200 which is just stupid for a rad.

yeah :D couldn't past it up at the price it sold for :huh: Just need to pick up an ARC Air Removal Tank and im set for cooling

Also pick up another bargain

Near new ARC front Sway Bar

bnryyr1200img600x449128.jpg

bnryyr1200img600x449128.jpg

Now just to get a rear one will most likely have to buy it brand new which won't be cheap

I am running the ARC bars and I think I might go back to Whiteline. Will do some more testing but think the Whiteline whilst heavier actualy work better on my car

interested to see your results, everything i read about ARC bars were they were top quality stuff. Wasn't need on adjustable bars in the beginning but this was cheap so i through i give it a shot and see how it performed

I have to ask, have you done anything about an oil pump, the crank drive or replacing ther ceramic turbos??? That is the stuff i would be focussing on before getting too carried away with the labour to install all this other stuff?

I have to ask, have you done anything about an oil pump, the crank drive or replacing ther ceramic turbos??? That is the stuff i would be focussing on before getting too carried away with the labour to install all this other stuff?

engine is from a r33 gtr (50,000km), so has the uprate oil pump, and from what i read is good for the power im aiming for, if the engine comes out it will be placed with tomei pump. Engine is fresh and runs well.

turbos are r33 n1 so steel wheel.

Yeah. Mark's 34 has a 40l cell but still requires a surge tank. its a bit of a pain to fill, mainly due to all the wing support scaffold in the way, and it doesn't last long enough, especially when you just wanna do say a dozen 80% testing laps.

An 80l custom cell was built for Bathurst last year to allow a warm up, a couple/few flyers, and a cool down.... I'm still astounded how much juice these things use.... thankfully its on E85 now and not that big dollar Elf! lol

Thanks Marlin. That sounds expensive!

Hey Dan!

Sounds awesome, seperate thread with pics please mate !!!

:(

Will try one day mate but I am short of time and trying to get it onto the track by early November. How is your beast coming along?