SAU Community

Bnr32 Track Build

ahaha thanks anyways marlin

interesting there is a cusco hard piping kit on yahoo atm

tctc2610-img600x450-1286940206aoukxp22673.jpg

tctc2610-img600x450-1286940207r8c5mq22673.jpg

jennas car had one of these

due to the small amount of flex in the silicon and combined with a broken engine mount the above pipe snappe the alloy snout of the outlet o fthe turbo

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm just check out the swift website can't find any info on the springs.

Front are ID 100 and Rear ID 080

also have a rear assist spring (i think they are assist they are at the top of the coilover) with ID 040

Edited by Kaido_RR

Why get Swift springs from Japan when you can just go down to the place who are going to be doing your alignments etc and use that as an opportunity to discuss what you want and get them to source the springs for you through Kings etc. Why gues and experiment with Japanese sourced parts when your local place to assist you....god knows some very quick tarma cars come from Perth....LF Performance etc springs to mind

Why get Swift springs from Japan when you can just go down to the place who are going to be doing your alignments etc and use that as an opportunity to discuss what you want and get them to source the springs for you through Kings etc. Why gues and experiment with Japanese sourced parts when your local place to assist you....god knows some very quick tarma cars come from Perth....LF Performance etc springs to mind

Its not a issue buying springs from swift, as i know the length and spring rate i want (will buy from US as it will be cheaper atm)

But before buying spring i would like to know what the spring rates i have just incase i can use them

do they have a part number on them? I know the eibach's do, just type it into google and you get the spring specs

no part number just what a posted aboved

im assuming that is the dia of of the spring wire. will shoot off an email to swift usa and see if they can help me

brad what die set bender would you recommend?

for starting height, i would have thought standard ride height would be better than anything, assuming nothing has been drastically changed initially.

speedwerx. All Aussie made and possibly one of the best die set press benders I've ever used. ( I've used alot of them too)

Tony direx is the owner he runs the business from his shed and his son locally machines

and fabricates all the benders parts.

They are air/hyrolic or manual. Tony currently stocks die sets up to 2 3/4 but has 3 and 3 1/2 in testing stages currently.

From memory the bender is around a grand and each die set is between 500 and 700 bucks.

They bend everything including stainless, 4130 and alloy.

Wait up your building a "track car" and not even putting a real tire under it???

I think your building a catolouge " tough" street car that might go to the track.......

The guys have made the exact suggestion I did about buying springs locally from someone who knows what theyare doing as opposed to guessing yourself when you have no idea, which seems to be an ongoing trend.

At the end of the day I can see three or four guys in here making good suggestions, ash, Troy, marlin and savman who I'd regard as actually having an idea. It's your money to blow and far from any of us to tell you what to do with it.

Every page seems to have a question about a component with a list of catolouge choices, guys suggesting better components or brand choices then you buying the catolouge, finally not being happy with the finish anyways.

I don't get it... Why ask just go buy the parts YOU want.

Building a caR isn't a popularity contest, no one cares if you have the fanciest looking track car out there. If it or you don't perform it becomes a joke.

My rant is over.

Moral of it go buy what you want and set it up how you think is right.

Or take peoples advise and speak with knowledgable bussiness' about buying the right parts and doing the work right.

Wait up your building a "track car" and not even putting a real tire under it???

I think your building a catolouge " tough" street car that might go to the track.......

The guys have made the exact suggestion I did about buying springs locally from someone who knows what theyare doing as opposed to guessing yourself when you have no idea, which seems to be an ongoing trend.

At the end of the day I can see three or four guys in here making good suggestions, ash, Troy, marlin and savman who I'd regard as actually having an idea. It's your money to blow and far from any of us to tell you what to do with it.

Every page seems to have a question about a component with a list of catolouge choices, guys suggesting better components or brand choices then you buying the catolouge, finally not being happy with the finish anyways.

I don't get it... Why ask just go buy the parts YOU want.

Building a caR isn't a popularity contest, no one cares if you have the fanciest looking track car out there. If it or you don't perform it becomes a joke.

My rant is over.

Moral of it go buy what you want and set it up how you think is right.

Or take peoples advise and speak with knowledgable bussiness' about buying the right parts and doing the work right.

At the end of the day it is my track car... i can do what i like regarding parts and how i build it.

Just because you or someone else suggest something doesn't make it the right or correct way, there is more than one way to achieve a goal.

Quantum Racing Suspension recommened using Swift springs with their coilovers, i know the lenth of the spring and what size OD will fit so know i just have to pick a spring rate its not rocket sciense and im pretty sure i can do that.

and regarding the tyres, i have a limited budget... my current tyres are shocking and need to be replace i couldn't afford to buy both semi and new tyres for the gtr. And as i mention the car is street driven by my old man so the priority was street tyres.

I ask for advice to get a good overall view on the matter, then make my choice from there...

i'm not here to get rant or lecture from other members about why they think im doing things wrong, i ask for help on matters to help me understand the "issues" better

Its not lecturing, you ask what is good so we tell you, you then pay it off and do your own thing anyway.

not so correct... i took people advice on the engine and leaving cams stock and just getting a set of cams gear before i get it tune.

spring rate i plan to use 10/10 but have since change to and will be getting 6,7,8 and playing around with them.

rims size and offset i have listen to what djr said regarding what fit and doesn't fit and have bought rim to suit the semi (when i get the cash for a set)

Turbo took people advice regarding turbos and are looking for gt-ss or garrett similar (whatever is cheaper at the time i have the money to buy)

Suspension arms etc took people advice and going to start stock and then get some track time and then buy only what i need to improve the car time (rather than buying out I.K)

I'm trying to understand why people don't think i listen to people i have change alot of the plans due to people advice.

Also as i mention don't know why i need to pay a suspension place, to get me my springs for my coilovers. I know most places in perth won't have much experiences with the brand. and i have the spec for the springs just need correct spring rates to be order (why pay for a market up on the springs when i can order direct from the company and save some cash?)

Edited by Kaido_RR

Just be aware a lot of people are putting in quite a bit of time to try and help you Kaido, and I guess it's natural to not want to feel like your efforts are for nothing.

It's not compulsory for people to share their views, knowledge, or information, but when they do most people want to feel like they're not talking to a brick wall, and that some of its getting through.

:no:

Just be aware a lot of people are putting in quite a bit of time to try and help you Kaido, and I guess it's natural to not want to feel like your efforts are for nothing.

It's not compulsory for people to share their views, knowledge, or information, but when they do most people want to feel like they're not talking to a brick wall, and that some of its getting through.

You said it so much better than what I did :D

fair enough, i understand and are very thankful for all the help and input people have share and put into this topic, it has save me time and money from doing things backwards.

I know i can come across like im not listen but i am honest :D

On i more important note:

with whiteline adjustable swaybars, which setting is the softest? is it the adjustment closest to the bar or the one is further away?

So what is a good base setup for the sway bars? Middle F and R?

Go softest to start off with. it's very easy to alter at the track with just a jack and two stands.

Softest is the "outer" most hole, ie, furthest from the bar.

:worship:

The information in this thread is getting taken in by alot of ppl like myself who are building track cars without all the shiny bits, so i hope you all don't think its getting ignored as it is extremely helpful!