SAU Community

Bnr32 Track Build

I have beeing doing abit of thinking about turbos in the past few days, and i just want to throw out some of my ideas and here peoples feedback about it, as i havn't had any chance to go speak to any local boys racing their gtr.

its the debat on single v's twins.

i'm trying to work out if my goal hp can be achieved with less lag with a single. as mention im looking at 400-500hp (at the engine).

For the twin turbo option its the gt-ss (or garrett equ) from all the reading it looks like full boost is between the 4000-4500rpm range. is it possible to get the same power with a single with more responds?

I know when it comes down to cost vs gain, the twins will always win out as they are a bolton turbo, compare to a single which will need manifold, dump, lines, intake piping etc

I think what is holding me back from the twins, is what i use to driving was a single with great responds and good power (18psi @3200rpm with 350rwhp). I would love to see a HKS 3037 Pro s or similar on a gtr to see what its responds is like, i guess you would be lucky to crack over 400rwhp with something that size but the responds would be very good i think.

Edit: At the end of the day i think i will 99.98% go with the gt-ss, as the input i got from the few gtr owners on SAU, seems like they are the best for what i want to use the car, just throwing the idea about the single out their to see what people have achieve, as its always good to know the options.

just for an example what would a HKS t04Z in 63T A/R0.61 achieve full boost by?

Edited by Kaido_RR

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just for an example what would a HKS t04Z in 63T A/R0.61 achieve full boost by?

next week! lol

seriously though there is another thread on here with guys running the GTSS and E85 tune running 380rwkw... that's a nice flexible setup for both long and short track stuff... lots of timing with the E85 means great throttle response, GTSS so lag is minimal and its still getting you 600hp

T04Z is actually a pretty average turbo. very old school parts sort of mated together and modernised a bit. they are as laggy (or laggier) as GTRS and only make 2530 power.

straight 6 engines are made for a nice set of small-ish twin turbos.

next week! lol

seriously though there is another thread on here with guys running the GTSS and E85 tune running 380rwkw... that's a nice flexible setup for both long and short track stuff... lots of timing with the E85 means great throttle response, GTSS so lag is minimal and its still getting you 600hp

Didn't the HiOctane R32 initially use N1's/-9's and get close to 400kW on E85? I am sure Marlin could confirm?

On i more important note:

with whiteline adjustable swaybars, which setting is the softest? is it the adjustment closest to the bar or the one is further away?

So what is a good base setup for the sway bars? Middle F and R?

Closer to the front is harder.

Front full soft.

Rear full hard.

Never set mine to anything but those settings. Bucket of nails still understeers at Wanneroo.

I thought you hard sorted the turbos 20 pages back??? :D

Oh and the only way you can get E85 in WA in to buy it in a tin.

Edited by djr81

Closer to the front is harder.

Front full soft.

Rear full hard.

Never set mine to anything but those settings. Bucket of nails still understeers at Wanneroo.

I thought you hard sorted the turbos 20 pages back??? :D

Oh and the only way you can get E85 in WA in to buy it in a tin.

turbo are sorted :D don't worry i can't justifed the cost of a single over the gt-ss. However wouldn't mind to hear and feedback from single track gtr, as most of the gtr i have look at run twins (even the big tuning companies in japan)

and yeah not keen on E85 untill we get it at the pump and even then, i think i stay with BP98

and thanks for the swaybar testing, and give them a try and see what happens.

On a tottaly unrelated note. Took my oldman to have 6 laps in a v8 supercar at the track this morning. He love it and is now very keen to come join me and the track with the GTR, so maybe there is hope for me putting a cage in it :P

Edited by Kaido_RR

Since you're only running road tyres, are you getting softer springs?

waiting to hear back from swift on my current spring. Will most likely just buy to suit the semi, as i should have a set by jan/feb.

I ran 10/10 with my previous car on street tyres (RE001R) without an issue, so im sure the AD08 will handle the 8/6

in regards to the single, I used to run an Apexi IHI RX-6 TCW77P25 F1 and now run a GT35R witha .8 rear

No lag problems on circuit, very responsive.

Just dont be silly and chase KW and get a clunky T04Z and the like...

Michael

Edited by wrxkilla

in regards to the single, I used to run an Apexi IHI RX-6 TCW77P25 F1 and now run a GT35R witha .8 rear

No lag problems on circuit, very responsive.

Just dont be silly and chase KW and get a clunky T04Z and the like...

Michael

when do you see full boost and what is your peak power?

On the old apexi, it was silly responsive. Was great. Max power it could make was 290 - 295 kw no matter how much boost you threw at it. That's all it has. But I could run mid-high 57 secs around QLD Raceway Sprint circuit and I'm lacking in the talent department !

GT35R isnt quite as responsive but I would be confident its hitting fulboost sub 4000rpm...

I'm a fan of small / medium single turbo. No need to go too big.

Edited by wrxkilla

On the old apexi, it was silly responsive. Was great. Max power it could make was 290 - 295 kw no matter how much boost you threw at it. That's all it has. But I could run mid-high 57 secs around QLD Raceway Sprint circuit and I'm lacking in the talent department !

GT35R isnt quite as responsive but I would be confident its hitting fulboost sub 4000rpm...

I'm a fan of small / medium single turbo. No need to go too big.

Thanks for that info :blink:

will be interesting to compare a 35R to the HKS GT-SS, regarding when full boost is reached.