SAU Community

Bnr32 Track Build

update:

Decided that it would be better to get rid of the ARC airbox as im going to have a hard time finding a hard piping kit that will fit with it. So sold the HKS hard piping kit.

And bought Greddy Hard piping kit, inc the intake pipes and greddy filters.

221101b09.jpg

Will make up a box for it similar to something like this when i install it.

20091205zexel07.jpg

HKS GT-SS turbos bought, and HKS up-rated actuator order aswell. Also bought a boss kit so i can use my nismo steering wheel. HKS I/C piping kit has also been order

So now i am playing the waiting game... waiting for all the parts to arrived. turbos and piping should be here end nov. finger cross my track rims should be here by mid dec.

Just need to order a set of gauges and oil cooler and everything should be all ready engine wise

I have made the decision to change the timing belt, water pump and possibly oil pump too before the tune. Will add hks cam gears when i do the timing belt. Debating if i should go Std or N1 oil pump

Edited by Kaido_RR

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How good are the Garrett equivalent actuators for the gt-ss/-9. Bought myself some 2860-9 and would rather use the better product, but if the Garretts are good I'll keep them.

Also what greddy kit did you go with to suit z32, standard or no AFM?

How good are the Garrett equivalent actuators for the gt-ss/-9. Bought myself some 2860-9 and would rather use the better product, but if the Garretts are good I'll keep them.

std afm, however i already have a pair of HKS afmless pipe which will go with the greddy kit

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to have seen better results with the HKS actuators. i've seen a few times with 'weak' generic garret ones causing boost control problems but if you already have them it seems a hassle to replace them on a hunch...

for the greddy piping kit there is a Z32 AFM specific kit. get that one. if you are using nismo afms you get the standard afm kit. and if using no afms then get either kit. as you'll have to modify a little anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Just small update: quantum coilover in and semi adjusted. AD08 and track rims on. book in for wheel alignment and height adjustment tomorrow morning. then fingercross off to the track tomorrow night for some track time :blink:

img6287z.jpg

Also my greddy hard piping kit arrive and i am alot happier with the quality compare to the hks kit i had before

Edited by Kaido_RR

Very awesome to be back at the track finally, took me afew laps to get into the groove and get over my fear of the last turn (were it went very bad in my r33).

Car handle great atm, the AD08 held up good and i was overall very happy with the car. only did 14Laps in total and left early from the event as i just wanted to ease back into things.

Best time of the night was 58.6819 second, extremely happy with the time it is on pair with what i was running in my r33 (mid 58). I do think the car can go quicker, i just to get more seat time.

So now after all this i'm debating whether to just slowly improve my current setup rather than go crazy upgrades with all the parts i have collected.

Interesting thing i found that the 10/8 spring rate worked really good around the track and didn't have any issue with losing traction due to bumps or ripple strips

edit: little fun fact i was quicker than a Porsche GT3 on the night ;)

Edited by Kaido_RR

Glad it went well! :)

Next thing, buy a proper seat, you'll be amazed at how much much quicker you can go when you're held in the car properly. Of course a harness hold you into a good seat even better.

Glad it went well! :)

Next thing, buy a proper seat, you'll be amazed at how much much quicker you can go when you're held in the car properly. Of course a harness hold you into a good seat even better.

swap out the std seat for my bride zeta 3 fix back before i went however didn't get time to buy a harness, std seat belt sucks

So now after all this i'm debating whether to just slowly improve my current setup rather than go crazy upgrades with all the parts i have collected.

I guess even if it took 22 pages... You've seen what everyone's been saying since the start ;)

You will have heaps more to gain just from driving it for 1-2 seasons.

I guess even if it took 22 pages... You've seen what everyone's been saying since the start ;)

You will have heaps more to gain just from driving it for 1-2 seasons.

I had a chat with the owner of a very quick r32 gtr that night, he had won alot of events and it scared me the amount of money he was talking to make his gtr that winning combination. However it was interesting to get alot of hints and tips from a fellow gtr owner. Very interested in recommend that i go the i.k forumal lower arms if i wanted max camber (he said he was running -5 degree at one stage with that gear)

what track are we talking about?:

Barbagallo Raceway Wanneroo

I had a chat with the owner of a very quick r32 gtr that night, he had won alot of events and it scared me the amount of money he was talking to make his gtr that winning combination. However it was interesting to get alot of hints and tips from a fellow gtr owner. Very interested in recommend that i go the i.k forumal lower arms if i wanted max camber (he said he was running -5 degree at one stage with that gear)

Chris knows his stuff & you can't argue with his lap speed - you will need to find five & a half seconds to match him!

For what it is worth the static camber has to be thought of in combination with the spring rate & sway bar stiffness. Having said that the more -ve camber you chuck at the front of an R32 around Wanneroo the more they appear to enjoy it.