SAU Community

Bnr32 Track Build

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

out of interest what is the budget set around? unless ive missed it earlier in the thread

i haven't set a figure, it was more like how much money i get from parting out my previous track car. so as i sell stuff i buy stuff for the gtr

Yeah that was my worry . was a rather last second decisions to buy the rims and i was 99% sure i won't win them at the price i bid, however i did! So will most likly swap my street tyres onto the nismo rims and use my advan for track stuff (they are 9.5j +19) and see how that goes.

What guard was fouling the front or rear? (or both)

Risking not sure if that was directed at me or not but my last track car was far from a posser race car lol so i think the gtr will be fine.

Thanks Djr about the turbo info. i am thinking if my goal is speed event series then the gt-ss or garrett similar will be the go, whatever i can find cheapest at the time.

Well I have the -5 Garretts on my 32 R & to be honest I don't have any real issue with lag. Just leave stock cams in it & bolt on some cam gears. If you are only running 400rwhp (like me) then it isn't turbolag that is going to be the issue it is just outright lack of grunt. Jimmah Eames R33 R that won the Collie hillclimb has phone numbers for rwhp as an example. On the tight and twisty SES rounds (like Busso, Jacks hill, Mt Clarence) the Emo's go better than the GT-R's anyway. Steve Jones flogged everyone at Busso in his.

But as long as the motor will punch out of second gear fiddly chicanes it will be fine on the hillclimbs.

The tyres fouled the guards at the rear. You need to roll the lip out of them to stop the side of the tyre getting gouged. The front wont be a problem as you have to run heaps of neg camber to try & make the car push less so the top of a +22 usually ends up well inside the guard lip. If you run alot of castor the tyre can & will scrape the front of the guard liner but that is only plastic & doesn't really hurt anyone/thing.

As for tyres every man & his dog runs SR2 RE55's on GT-R's. Go & see Kerry Wade at Bridgestone in Bentley. Should be about $2k for the four.

• 2 weeks later...

hmm

got my hks piping kit few weeks ago, and can tell you not very happy with the quality of the piping kit was hoping it was top level but isn't really :S debating if i should sell up and try the nismo or trust kit. having a feeling that the only quality one will be nismo (but the price tag is a killer)

my issue is not with the kit alignment but surface finish on the inside of the pipe. I am picky and its not 100% perfect but will pretty good

Also i have a feeling the piping kit will not fit with my ARC airbox which is going to be an ass to change (and dont plane too)

I just need to confirm if it will fit or not but like i said im almost 100% sure it wont which means i will have to use the nismo kit

Edited by Kaido_RR

Can confirm that your arc airbox will not fit.. i bought one a while back and ended up selling it.. even with me not running afm's it still didnt fit..

i've forgotten what the inside looks like.. its all in pieces here actually i shall check for you today.

If anyone isnt happy with those pipes for an R32 i could be interested. There are plenty of reasons why i would prefer a rougher internal finish

I agree, super smooth ports and inlet piping are shite for airflow. As the inlet air sticks to the piping / port walls and slows down.

Edit - think of a golf ball vs a pingpong ball, which one goes faster through the air.

yeah me like trust. good kit. fit nice and don't blow off.

don't worry about the rates of your helper springs. all they do is keep the main spring captive under droop. stops them rattling or coming away from the upper mount. as soon as the car is on the ground they are full compressed and just act as a spacer they are usually only rated high enough to hold the main spring up nice and firmly against the upper mount.

I have a thing against the HKS because of the shallow ramps on the hose retainers..... seen more HKS pipework blow off more than any other.

I've never had a blowoff and was running upwards of 2bar. i did however have a blowup... haha

I've never had a blowoff and was running upwards of 2bar. i did however have a blowup... haha

Yeah I've never once had any pipes blow off on my own vehicles (touch wood) because I'm so totally anal about fitting it properly to avoid it, but have seen many many others do it. I just think if fitment of the HKS version is even slightly lax, there'll be a problem.

Yeah I've never once had any pipes blow off on my own vehicles (touch wood) because I'm so totally anal about fitting it properly to avoid it, but have seen many many others do it. I just think if fitment of the HKS version is even slightly lax, there'll be a problem.

This is true, on some of the pipes the lip is made up from a bit of welding blob done on the outsides.. i didnt expect this from hks but it does the job.

I agree, super smooth ports and inlet piping are shite for airflow. As the inlet air sticks to the piping / port walls and slows down.

Edit - think of a golf ball vs a pingpong ball, which one goes faster through the air.

hmm never through about it like that, maybe there is hope for the kit still :P

my hks kit has lips around the edge of each pipe so, i shouldn't have an issue with blow off, if i end up using it

If anyone isnt happy with those pipes for an R32 i could be interested. There are plenty of reasons why i would prefer a rougher internal finish

i think mine might be for sale, as i might try to use the nismo hard piping kit

this photo gives me hope

engine7.jpg

however nismo doesn't make the hard piping kit for the bnr32.... however i have found a nismo hard piping kit plus i/c piping kit for a bnr32... not im not sure if its worth the gamble to see if it fits or not (nismo hard piping kit is something like 150,000yen or something)