SAU Community

Bnr32 Track Build

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J - rad i started it about 2 weeks ago but didnt work on it every day.

Atm i have the new turbo + all the lines hook up just waiting on replace hose then i can finish putting everything bak together.

Btw do u really need to use tge stock heat shields? With my tomiedumps the 34 o2 senors hit :(

I've got a Greddy dump/front pipe extension for when I do mine, was going to wrap them in heat wrap all the way to the cat. Hopefully that helps.

the plan was to ceramic coat my gear but never got around to it.

Well turbo are finally all up and connect, ARC radiator is in, HKS intercooler piping is done intake side, hks front pipe on.

Now all that is left to bolt on all the greddy piping turbo side :D

The hks piping was a bitch to put in, needed to remove all the bov piping to be able to connect it up all right

63475_481123908575_691388575_6087383_5487935_n.jpg

wonder if there is much of a weight diffrence

i just run the just china ones and they seemed quite lite

The Greddy Kit for the turbo side was alot lighter than the hks cooler piping, that seems to be alittle thicker.

Well everything is all done and hook up, car is running and feel great even without a tune on stock ecu feels less lagger, now the wait till i can get it tune, workshop reopen on monday then will need to wait and see when i can get the car in.

Only issue i have is with one of the greddy filter it hits the bonnet, however i think once i install my hks afmless pipe i will be able to move it down alittle more (atm the afm plug is in the way)

The Greddy Kit for the turbo side was alot lighter than the hks cooler piping, that seems to be alittle thicker.

Well everything is all done and hook up, car is running and feel great even without a tune on stock ecu feels less lagger, now the wait till i can get it tune, workshop reopen on monday then will need to wait and see when i can get the car in.

Only issue i have is with one of the greddy filter it hits the bonnet, however i think once i install my hks afmless pipe i will be able to move it down alittle more (atm the afm plug is in the way)

Did it end up having standard ceramics on it? How much power did it make before the turbo swap?

Good to see your liking the GT-SS so far. I've got the 2860-9 by Garrett, which actuators did you end up using?

Did it end up having standard ceramics on it? How much power did it make before the turbo swap?

Good to see your liking the GT-SS so far. I've got the 2860-9 by Garrett, which actuators did you end up using?

I did not have it tune with the n1 turbo was just running std ecu, However i have a time from the local track which i will be able to compare it to.

I bought the genuine hks adjustable actuators, and too my luck i adjusted them to 1bar which is what i wanted lol

They the turbos you got of me Jarrad??

you put them on yet?

Nah I bought your Greddy front pipes. Cleaned them up and heat wrapped em, they look great. I bought Garrett -9s, but now I regrett it because I should of just bought the HKS GT-SS kit because it comes with all the gaskets/studs you need, instead of buying them from Nissan for $500+. Ahwell you live and you learn. I'm about to embark on putting it all back together this weekend haha

163938_474817600035_523485035_5900466_3683333_n.jpg

Sorry Kaido, I'm turning this into a joint build thread haha

Nah I bought your Greddy front pipes. Cleaned them up and heat wrapped em, they look great. I bought Garrett -9s, but now I regrett it because I should of just bought the HKS GT-SS kit because it comes with all the gaskets/studs you need, instead of buying them from Nissan for $500+. Ahwell you live and you learn. I'm about to embark on putting it all back together this weekend haha

163938_474817600035_523485035_5900466_3683333_n.jpg

Sorry Kaido, I'm turning this into a joint build thread haha

nice! good luck with putting it all back together!

those dump pipes are very nice, was originally going to buy them because i couldn't find the original tomie design dump pipes, but then a set of brand new ones came up that i couldnt past up. -9 are the same as gt-ss?

Update: Car was tune :)

Very happy with the results car made 370rwhp @ 18psi. didn't try to push anymore boost as my injectors (nismo 600cc) are around 90% duty cycle. so not sure if the injectors are alittle old and need to be flow test and clean as they were used in my old gts-t track car (with gtr plenum setup)

Power delivery is much better compare to the N1, lag is reduce and car pulls very hard, overall very happy with the result as i didn't want to push the engine too much as i want it to last.

Few issue however, the H/C Supplied with my pfc does not work seems to be the wrong type (just freezes on start-up) so will have to look at getting the correct model. I used the o2 supplied with my gt-ss which were from an r34 however due to them being a different type they didn't work, so they are turn off atm on the tune. Also the tuner would like the car back when the weather has cooled down so he can just double check the cold start setting etc.

So now its just back to the track and see how much improvement the upgrade will make on my time, the aim is to move into the low 57 (was currently on mid 58)

Next on the less will be cam gears would will hope off doing them until i do the timing belt and do it all in my hit. Also need to connect the sensors for my defi gauges, unsure if i will go oil cooler or just buy a sandwich plate atm, i know oil cooler is a must for track days however i want something with ducting that will give good cooling

Thats a pretty decent result mate! Did you end up putting anything around the manifolds and dumps? If not does the tuner see a problem? my heat wrap is getting in the way of doing a few bolts so I think I might have to remove it on the manifolds

Thats a pretty decent result mate! Did you end up putting anything around the manifolds and dumps? If not does the tuner see a problem? my heat wrap is getting in the way of doing a few bolts so I think I might have to remove it on the manifolds

decent ,well thought thru build for track duties. agreed, good result bro

Edited by nismokid

• 2 weeks later...

little updates just getting the car ready for another track day this week. blew the top radiator hose last week (dirty old one just split), so went and got myself new hose from nissan and borrow a mate water temp fitting so i could finally install my defi water temp sensor.

Looking forward to see how it performs at the track with the extra power will post updates after track day