SAU Community

Buying A V35

Hi guys

im picking up a v35 by the end of next week and will be looking at a couple of coupes this weekend.

Does any one have any advice (or links to advice) in buying these cars and what to look out for etc?

I just dont wanna buy a lemon thats all.

cheers

Whichever one(s) make your heart skip a beat,

get them thoroughly inspected by state roads or another reputable inspection agency. That $200 you spend now could save you thousands of mulla in rebuilds etc later on.

Whichever one(s) make your heart skip a beat,

get them thoroughly inspected by state roads or another reputable inspection agency. That $200 you spend now could save you thousands of mulla in rebuilds etc later on.

+1

Its amazing how many people I meet who buy 2nd hand cars and don't know about getting them inspected.

Even buying 2nd hand from a Dealer, who knows what they are trying to get away with??

I suppose its illegal to to tell a customer that the car hasn't been in an accident when it has, but if its an import I suppose they can claim denial-ability because it all happened overseas..

Ask to see the auction sheet, and don't take any excuses from them, they keep those on file and if they won't show you, then I would conclude they are hiding something.

When you get the auction sheet, make sure the numbers match the vehicle you are looking at, sometimes they'll give you one for another vehicle and since its in japanese, hope you won't notice but the numbers don't lie. If you don't know how to decipher the auction sheet, google around and you'll find the info showing what each letter and number means.

Also, not critical and most often not available but will help you make a decision, ask if it has logbooks and if the odometer reading has been certified.

Apart from that, do the usual checking.

I suppose its illegal to to tell a customer that the car hasn't been in an accident when it has

incorrect. on many levels for many reasons

Ask to see the auction sheet, and don't take any excuses from them, they keep those on file and if they won't show you, then I would conclude they are hiding something.

also incorrect. is this the royal 'they'? I saw no mention of buying from an importer, so it is entirely reasonable to assume that many purchasers of these cars no longer have this detail, especially ones that have changed hands on a few occassions.

incorrect. on many levels for many reasons

also incorrect. is this the royal 'they'? I saw no mention of buying from an importer, so it is entirely reasonable to assume that many purchasers of these cars no longer have this detail, especially ones that have changed hands on a few occassions.

true that...i doubt they have a duty of disclosure to supply the buyer with auction grade certificates...maybe import and export permits and any duty paid and so forth...but not auction grade certs ...some would probably be happy to supply them if requested

That's a roger on getting them inspected. Know of a places where they used to sell trashed imports as if they never had an accident and never told the buyers. Those car yards went but but you can bet it still appens all over.

I'm working on the assumption that he would be buying from a car yard, this should be apparent based on the advice I gave. Having said that, your response is irrelevant. By the way, if you're going to be a smart ass online, perhaps you should at least start your sentences with capitals and spell correctly.

true that...i doubt they have a duty of disclosure to supply the buyer with auction grade certificates...maybe import and export permits and any duty paid and so forth...but not auction grade certs ...some would probably be happy to supply them if requested

Car yards that sell import vehicles source them from any number of different auction houses in Japan and an auction sheet is part of the procurement process. Of course they don't have a 'duty of disclosure', but an auction report is something I always ask for and 9 times out of 10 I get it.