SAU Community

Idle Screw

falky929

my throttle cable looks like that too.. so its in to lower revs and out to raise revs?

no not at all

loosening the throttle cable nuts will only adjust the tension on the cable, if your cable is tight then it may alter your revs when taking your foot off the pedal because the throttle plate may not close fully instantly.

its always good to have a little bit of slack in the cable

also be careful when tightening the cable nuts above the manifold, the thread is only alloy or plastic or something, so tighten the nuts up hand tight, then just turn a tiny bit extra with a spanner.

On an RB26 it is under the inlet manifold in line with number 3 cylinder or thereabouts. There is a screw in the front of it. Clockwise to lower the idle speed, anticlockwise to raise it. If you car is hunting at idle then adjust the thing clockwise.

post-5134-1282624800_thumb.jpg

no not at all

loosening the throttle cable nuts will only adjust the tension on the cable, if your cable is tight then it may alter your revs when taking your foot off the pedal because the throttle plate may not close fully instantly.

its always good to have a little bit of slack in the cable

also be careful when tightening the cable nuts above the manifold, the thread is only alloy or plastic or something, so tighten the nuts up hand tight, then just turn a tiny bit extra with a spanner.

also I found by having a slight bit of slack in the cable my car isn't as jerky when you tap the gas the slightest bit.

it think someone lost ur flat head screw :blink: cos theyre usually flat heads :ermm: i know mine is!

ps, ur throttle cable looks really tight lol, might wanna loosen it a bit if it is!

thats not my engine bay lol.

and here's another borrowed pic. philips!!! maybe someone lost yours and replaced it with a flathead :)

post-20406-1142858982.jpg