SAU Community

My Brakes Wont Stop Squeeing

hey everyone,

i have just bought a nissan skyline r32 gtst and the brakes was really squeeky so i went out and bought a pair of bendix ultra but then realise that the original brakes wernt evan 1000k used so they still look brand new. But the brakes are still squeeking though can any one help me by telling me what i should do??? and just to let you know at the moment i have gtr cross drilled rotors and r33 calipers if anyone knows wat i should do please get back to me ASAP

thanks

Mate if you don't want the squeal you will likely need to go for standard pads.

All performance brake pads squeal to some degree... that is the trade off with pads: silence for performance

Learn to live with it mellow.gif

All performance brake pads squeal to some degree... that is the trade off with pads: silence for performance

I got EBC yellows on the front of mine - no noise at all. QFM A1RMs on the back occasionally squeal a little bit, but they're cheapies and i just chucked them in and didnt take much care with the install. I'm sure if I did it properly they'd be silent as well. You just need to take more care with performance pads.

Mate if you don't want the squeal you will likely need to go for standard pads.

Learn to live with it mellow.gif

Not entirely true.. Its how you install it that makes the difference. the key is to use some coppercote. simple. I have done this a few times, and coppercote has fixed ALL the squealing, for good.

clean, straight anti squel shims. maybe a touch of anti squeal stuff (copper, goop, whatever)

clean calipers, pins, springs, clips. dust allows movement that causes squeal

straight, unwarped discs

properly bedded pads.

I've used probably 10 different types of pads including very aggressive race only pads, and none of them squeal when installed properly except super aggresive endurance racing pads.

My Front Breaks Also seem to be Screeching aswell, but i was told cause they may be heavy duty thats the reason why the screech.. but its starting to get alot louder then when i first had it and quite annoying