SAU Community

I'm picking up the N13 (S)Exa this week as well, need to investigate the current CA18DE that's in it though as it's suddenly decided to run on 3 cyl.

If it turns out to be nothing too bad, operation bolt-on GT28RS will begin :( I've got pretty much everything at my disposal to pull this conversion off for sub $1K haha lets see how it goes!!!!!

Can't complain for a $100 car :sweat: I'm sure even finding a replacement CA18DE will be fairly cheap, may blow the budget out to $1250 though :)

Oh better factor in the cans of cheap white paint as well, no expense spared here :w00t:

Post #1

The oil & water lines were modified and extended with stainless steel braided hose. The water supply was taken from the heater lines…the oil feed had to be taken from near the filter and the return is via a tap into the block..

The oil & water lines were modified and extended with stainless steel braided hose. The water supply was taken from the heater lines…the oil feed had to be taken from near the filter and the return is via a tap into the block..

that only applies if your turbo is oil & water cooled :D

since my turbo is oil cooled only im going to get the return via the sump so tap into that.

Edited by dori32

Well my car's at the workshop as I speak, and already hit a couple of bumps. The braided lines I bought aren't going to be long enough and I'm going to need them made to the correct lengths. Problem is the speed flow fittings they sell are as dear as poision!

Any recommendations for a place that can make them up, preferably locally (Brisabne) that won't cost the earth?

Also after a factory actuator and bracket for an R33 turbo as the one that I received with it is too short :S

Provided I can get these issues sorted out pretty quickly they're happy to continue with the rest.

I'm going for budget but without compromising too much. Speed flow is probably beyond what I need? not sure.

Now it seems I need factory lines as well.

Factory Lines

2 metres Dash 3 Hose

2 x Straight Dash 3

2 x Dash 3 Banjo to fit R33 Standard Turbo

1 x 1/8 NPT thread to Dash 3 fitting

1 x T-Block for Oil Pressure Switch.

They don't want to tap the block without removing the engine, and been told that using heater lines is going to be the best way as the water isn't flowing consistently unless the heater is on.

So yeah now I'm on the pursuit of factory lines and cheap enough hoses/fittings...oh and an actuator

The banjo lines are easy, all brake shops that make braided lines carry them. I actually had a 1/8 BPT to banjo made up for my car recently.

Even the water lines were timmed factory hard lines with braided heater hose clamped over them, worked fine.

The heater is constant flow in the R34's it's the vent that controls the level of airflowing through the heater, that's why with your A/C off (but still turned to 30 degrees) you can still feel hot air by your feet as the air mix vent is allowing air to go through the heater core ie it's a constant coolant flow setup. It's not like the old cars where a coolant valve opened. and then let if flow, it's always flowing regardless of A/C being on any temp or on/off

Yep they can do either a T-block or you can get an oil filter sandwhich plate with oil pressure pickup which should be cheapish as well.

Thanks for the replies Dan :D Lines are all sorted now with speed flow fittings for $325.

Thanks to the guys at Hi-Power, one of the tuners had a few of the fittings I need at home they're happy to give me, and the hoses etc.. they're supplying so that's all worked out well in the end.

Now just sourcing an actuator, but at least everything else can continue in the mean time now which is good.

Once it's all done I'll be taking photos of the the hose lines and fittings to show how it's been done on my car.

whats the oil pressure switch for?

Yep they can do either a T-block or you can get an oil filter sandwhich plate with oil pressure pickup which should be cheapish as well.
1 x T-Block for Oil Pressure Switch.

i did the conversion on a r33, im gona try and take photos of my oil and water lines as well so you guys can comment... im pretty sure they sourced them from another place... or i think so... and when ever i have the heater on for a long time the car suddenly turns off... could this be caused by the water lines... thers a few dodgy things on my car which il take photos off and you experts can comment lol.. t.c

They're looking at taking the water feed from the intake hose..or something like that on mine. They didn't like the idea of running of the heater hose. That doesn't sound too reliable there J3TR33, I'd hate to be cruising with heater on and that happens! Then again I don't think i've ever had to use the heater in the car up here in Brisbane lol

They're looking at taking the water feed from the intake hose..or something like that on mine. They didn't like the idea of running of the heater hose. That doesn't sound too reliable there J3TR33, I'd hate to be cruising with heater on and that happens! Then again I don't think i've ever had to use the heater in the car up here in Brisbane lol

lol yeh i avoid it most of the time... even if i get hypothermia...

its happened lyk 3-4 times... and the stearing locks as well... so its dangerous...

ok... took some pics...

some1 please comment if there is anything wrong... thanks

DSC00937.jpgDSC00939.jpg

DSC00940.jpgDSC00941.jpg

1st photo: i think this is the water feed line, as you can see there is a rusty metal thing that has no hose attached to it.. good/bad?

2nd photo: two hoses connected to charcoal canister, one is blocked off with a nut, i think it was a vacuum line that ran to the manifold, at which now a vacuum line connected to the blow off valve is connected.. good/bad..

3rd photo: water line, runs to the firewall, might be t-pieced to heater hose, return line, im guessing, good/bad?

4th photo: that goldy bronze pipe is blocked off, it may have ran to the sump, now the return oil line runs to the sump.. good/bad?

The oil line was t-pieced from the oil pressure switch... i think the best place to get oil feed from..

My only concern is that the car turns off when the heater goes on, it could be the connection of the water hoses...

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Back by popular demand - we're lining up another Old Pac Run! Get your cars ready for one of the best night runs on the calendar! So without any ado whatsoever, here are the details for you to save: Date: Saturday 23rd November 2024 Meet Location: Cowan Truck Stop (Pacific Motorway - Refer to Map) Meet Time: Meet at 7:30pm for a 8:00pm departure Destination: Gosford McDonald's (65 Pacific Highway, Gosford West) Map: https://tinyurl.com/saunsw-oldpac Definitely an easy one for this cruise, meet at Cowan Truck Stop and jump straight onto Old Pacific Highway! Final stop at McDonald's which has plenty of parking all around. Please be mindful of the added police presence lately so best behaviour is expected! There will be a lead and follow car so no one should get lost. If you would like to attend or bring others along please put your name down and a +1 as numbers will be needed prior! This is NOT a race and we will all be adhering to all road rules. If this is what you want please come to one of our track days. This is an official SAU:NSW event and will be run under a Motorsport Australia permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there!
    • Back to our newest location for our Sunday morning coffee catchups! As always, this is the best place to meet up with the SAUNSW fam for a coffee, bite to eat, and a chat! So what are you waiting for? Block out the calendar, set your alarm in the morning, and come down to hang out with the SAUNSW fam! Date: Sunday 10th November Meet Location: Baybreeze Cafe - 2 Wellington Street, Sans Souci (entry via Plimsoll Street) Meet Time: Meet at 8:00am Map: https://tinyurl.com/sausundaysession-baybreeze This is NOT a race and we will all be adhering to all road rules. If this is what you want please come to one of our many track days. This is an official SAUNSW event and will be run under a Motorsports Australia permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there!
    • Yours would only have been worse, because I've spent 2 weeks cleaning mine. And yet it barely looks any different... Ha ha ha The work bench is unusable as things are stacked so high on it, as it down each walk way between the cars. And on one of them. And inside the other... And under one of them... These days when working in the garage, I need to roll the Subaru out. Because the "workshop" portion is just so full of stuff... To do anything means to move lots of stuff...   But I recently got rid of a full rack of fish tanks, and a few more. Then have started just throwing shit that's actual rubbish. And trying to sort everything else! Ha ha ha   Needing to move the Lathe into its proper spot, and then move all the other gear like the press, compressors, welding trolleys.   And let's not talk about the camping gear... I want to get rid of it, the GF wants to go camping... I think I'm getting to old to want to camp these days   Oh, I also evicted a few things, like the motorbike outside ages ago too! Ha ha ha This is all in a 6x9
    • The end of 2024 fast approaches!!! So before the 'storm' hits, we think it's worth enjoying a little 'calm'! How better to enjoy some calm with a chill social out at Aqua Golf! So without any ado, here are the details: Date: Saturday 26th October 2026 Location: Aqua Golf - Penrith Panthers Time: 5:00pm Map: http://tinyurl.com/saunsw-aquagolf All you need to do is bring yourselves down to Penrith Panthers to come and say "HI", hang out, and maybe hit a few golf balls at the drive range. Who knows where the night may take us... What we do know is that there are plenty of food options available at the Penrith Panthers complex. For those of us keen to hit a few golf balls, prices start from $7.00 a bucket. Aqua Golf is open til late, so we have plenty of time to have a few hits and laughs with each other! This is an official SAUNSW event and will be run under a Motorsport Australia permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks all! Looking forward to seeing you all there!
    • The time has come for another SAUNSW Sunday Session at the always amazing BENZIN Cafe! As always, this is the perfect event to catch up with the SAUNSW crew, hang out for a coffee and a bite to eat, and get in some photos and friendly banter! So book it in your calendar and save these details: Date: Sunday 13th October 2024 Meet Location: Benzin Cafe - 1/242 New Line Rd, Dural Meet Time: Meet at 7:00am for those that want to get prime parking at the front of the shop. The cafe will open at 8:00am Map: https://tinyurl.com/saunsw-benzin This is NOT a race and we will all be adhering to all road rules. If this is what you want please come to one of our many track days. This is an official SAUNSW event and will be run under a Motorsports Australia permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there!