SAU Community

Waiting Tooo Long For Compliance Plate Approval

This week is third week for waiting my compliance plate approval. The workshop keep saying that it is not approved yet and it will be dilivered soon.. Oh.. got.... it's been more thatn 15 working days///

Someone told me that time of process can be different depending on the workshop. is it true??

Any possibility to check it by myself??...

I don't think time varies based on the workshop. the time varies based on workload of the various people involved in the process. so that includes your workshop, DOTARS, the engineer signing off on it and even the people who print and distribute the physical compliance plates (well stickers now).

don't stress. 15 days is a little long but it's not out of the realm of possibility. Calling the workshop won't achieve anything other than pissing them off so my advice is sit back and wait for them to call you. don't worry it's not like they are going to have it arrive and then just sit on it for days before calling. they will let you know as soon as they get it. after all the quicker it gets done the quicker they get paid.

i know every day seems like a week but you will quickly forget about it once you have the car. :blush:

Very clear comment that make me feel better.. I am thinking hundreds of times before calling them. but called many many time..

If they told me "WAIT 3 WEEKS", I can be patient. they told me initially.. next friday..or souldnt too long... or maybe in 3 days...and so on... "SIGH"!! Thanks for your comments...

well the problem is they can't know exactly how long it takes. they are just guessing based off their experience in the past. so they know 'usually' it takes 1 week or so, but sometimes it takes longer. they have to wait just like you. nothing they can really do.

my advice, leave them alone for a few days. maybe give them a call next monday if you don't hear anything by then.

Hey YONG, don't worry i am in the same shoes at the moment but my importer showed me a website as long as I got the VIN number of the car you can keep on searching once your car shows up it will take matters of days before you get it. Shoot me a PM if you want the site.

Hey YONG, don't worry i am in the same shoes at the moment but my importer showed me a website as long as I got the VIN number of the car you can keep on searching once your car shows up it will take matters of days before you get it. Shoot me a PM if you want the site.

Please let me know the website....I could not find anywhere I can find some more detail with my VIN number..

no you can't do your own. and no you don't need a dealers licence to do compliance. a dealers licence is to sell cars. to be a compliance workshop you must have ISO certification first and you need to apply through DOTARS to become a RAW (Registered Automotive Workshop).

also to clarify on topic...

the department of industry (formerly DOTARS) i have heard are experiencing system upgrades - which are now complete but they're now playing catchup on the backlog of applications / plate approvals,

this is just WHAT I'VE HEARD so take it as gospel, but it could explain why your cars are taking "so long" (it's really not that bad btw)

mine have been on waiting list for 2.5 weeks and counting and i'm not fussed at all about it - when it happens it happens!

That is true - driving a fair few people crazy at the moment, especially the ones waiting on import approvals :)

WOW... it is more serious happen.... if they shipped car already...hmmm.

Yep same boat here, VIA's were all being processed manually last I heard.

DOTARS system crashed, data wiped and has been intermittently up and down since. We have several cars with compliance complete sitting waiting for DOTARS to clear them - have been waiting since early this month. And those that have been cleared, half the time they're not sending the details to Niddrie Name Plates to issue the actual compliance plate.

If this were a private enterprise, they'd have 11ty lawsuits on their hands but as it's the GOVT, leave a msg and they'll return it sometime. If they feel like it and don't *accidentally* delete the msg first. And don't dare mention the VIN of the car you're enquiring about, or it goes to the back of the list.

As with every other aspect of vehicle importing - put your patience hat on and don't take it off til the thing is registered. Otherwise, it'll just do your head in. Won't it Mr Eps? :P

This is the precise reason I don't ship a vehicle til I have a VIA in hand!

haha im proudly wearing my patience hat but it also helps that i chose to wear my cefiro pants as well..

It's pays when importing a car to coordinate your wardrobe accordingly :P

Yong... Don't stress... Stressing is the second worst thing you can do in these situations, the worst is setting yourself on fire.

Yes it's a pain in the butt... However it's the gubbermint, nothing you can do??

If anyone got CPA or VIA from them.. it may helps to estimate possible date of approval by comparing others...

Heard that one has been applied end of July was just approved yesterday...

My will get next week... hopfully.

haha im proudly wearing my patience hat but it also helps that i chose to wear my cefiro pants as well..

It's pays when importing a car to coordinate your wardrobe accordingly :banana:

Yong... Don't stress... Stressing is the second worst thing you can do in these situations, the worst is setting yourself on fire.

Yes it's a pain in the butt... However it's the gubbermint, nothing you can do??

My patient is going to the end now.... it's been a month now...exactly!! still need patient??

"SIGN"!!

My patient is going to the end now.... it's been a month now...exactly!! still need patient??

"SIGN"!!

I'm in the same situation..

My 34 GTR is sitting at the compliance shop where its been for a month now.

just waiting for a silly compliance sticker..

They've told me they will call me when it arrives, it takes a lot of control not to annoy them everyday.

I hope i can pick it up next week.