SAU Community

R34 Boost Controller

itsme

Hi all,

Installing boost controller and PFC and getting a tune in the next few weeks. I've been told any 'in-car' engine management is illegal so I was wondering if any of the WA lads have had trouble with this in the past and where you may of mounted yours on your R34 to best conceal it.

I have a profec b spec 2 if this affects anything and I suspect that once tuned I wont be touching it much (low boost at 5 high at maybe 12 on stock turbo).

I suppose normal place is under the steering wheel or either side of it but this is pretty noticeable from what I've seen, maybe could get away with saying its a turbo timer =/

Cheers in advance, any pics will help greatly guys.

ta,

Steve

Hi all,

Installing boost controller and PFC and getting a tune in the next few weeks. I've been told any 'in-car' engine management is illegal so I was wondering if any of the WA lads have had trouble with this in the past and where you may of mounted yours on your R34 to best conceal it.

I have a profec b spec 2 if this affects anything and I suspect that once tuned I wont be touching it much (low boost at 5 high at maybe 12 on stock turbo).

I suppose normal place is under the steering wheel or either side of it but this is pretty noticeable from what I've seen, maybe could get away with saying its a turbo timer =/

Cheers in advance, any pics will help greatly guys.

ta,

Steve

Turbo timers are technically illegal as well. Usually get away with them if they dont f**k with the alarm/immob. though.

For boost controller....well I've wedged in front of the ash tray, the R34s are a bit different though. If you have a pocket under your CD player, go in there (like this turbo timer):

post-a92979-dash.jpg

But if you're rarely going to touch it, put it in the glovebox maybe ?

Edited by Nic_A31

Hey man,

I have managed to pass the pits with both a turbo timer and boost controller in plain sight. Police didn't even bring it up when I was pulled over (I was stickered for a different reason)

So stealth is cool for looks, but I wouldn't stress about it

Blitz boost controller is on top of my steering column, so I can see/change boost levels (gauges are fkn homo IMO)

PFC hand controller is in the passenger glove-box.

Turbo timer is built into the alarm system.

Had no problems through the pits.

This is the first time I've ever uploaded an image.. go easy.. And cheers to everybody for the advice so far..

th_dash.jpg

Edited by itsme

Yeh, thanks Brad that would be awesome.. although to improve the ability to read it easily I was thinking on top of the drivers side-view mirror with a bit of double-sided tape then I can wind down the window and reach out and set it as I require.

And Bubba.. you should smother paint over some bewbz and use it as an advertisement for your business, i'd definitely come play if I believed there would be paint-smeared juggaloons..

Should have come to the tournament at the Red Bull Air Race.. we had the several hundred bikini clad women heading to the photo shoot at the bell tower wander past.. needless to say everyone dropped their guns and their jaws!@

We needed them agin on the weekend and then I would have been in heaven.. paintball cars AND boobs!!

Edited by bubba